Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 03, 2011, 02:22 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
OK guys do you think she will fly???

From the joke of a AD on MultiRoto Classifieds I give you The Bucket Master 1 gallon PoBoy Quad. She is almost complete hopefully she will be getting her wood up tomorrow afternoon when I get in from work and finish her off. for now she is running a KK Black board 5.5. I just got to lay the motor mounts out drill them and mount the landing gear and battery holder. Here is some pictures of where she stands no and I wis I had somew scales because she is lite real lite. Thats the only thing that worries me maybe to lite.
Freddie G
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:14 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
OK guys do you think she will fly???

From the joke of a AD on MultiRoto Classifieds I give you The Bucket Master 1 gallon PoBoy Quad. She is almost complete hopefully she will be getting her wood up tomorrow afternoon when I get in from work and finish her off. for now she is running a KK Black board 5.5. I just got to lay the motor mounts out drill them and mount the landing gear and battery holder. Here is some pictures of where she stands no and I wis I had somew scales because she is lite real lite. Thats the only thing that worries me maybe to lite.
Freddie G
but the center plates are not wooden
you made the center plates yourself?..or can you buy them?
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Nov 03, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandis View Post
Follow-up on order #823
thank you!
Mandis
Just send. you should already receive the shipping notice by now.

Cheers!
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
- You must have the Lipo +ve supply to the KK Plus +ve pad (the distribution board). the LVA will take the Ground direct from the ESC BEC connection.
Hello,

where is the +ve pin on the kk board?
I didnt find it.

I have soldered the +V from Lipo to the + Power Terminal and the GND from the Lipo to the - Power Terminal on the kk board.

But the system must be able to meassuere the lipo voltage to check if it is under the defined value? But where does the ÁController gets this information. I must solder a cable from +V ( power Terminal ) to the unkown position of the so called +ve pad
Please tell and show me where it is

regards

dieter
idS2001 is offline Find More Posts by idS2001
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:23 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idS2001 View Post
Hello,

where is the +ve pin on the kk board?
I didnt find it.

I have soldered the +V from Lipo to the + Power Terminal and the GND from the Lipo to the - Power Terminal on the kk board.

But the system must be able to meassuere the lipo voltage to check if it is under the defined value? But where does the ÁController gets this information. I must solder a cable from +V ( power Terminal ) to the unkown position of the so called +ve pad
Please tell and show me where it is

regards

dieter
There is a thin link from the top (+ve) power distribution track to the uC (via resistors) so it can measure the voltage.
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
36 Posts
ok but if i go to menu point LVA/Calibrate, on the display there is not the actual voltage.
It shows me only fiction. At last there was 24V

I use 3S !!

I have only soldered one wire from my lipo v+ to the power terminal ring and another wire from my lipo v- to the v- terminal ring.

Have i forgett a connection to solder?

regard dieter
idS2001 is offline Find More Posts by idS2001
Old Nov 03, 2011, 06:18 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Hi. You also must have the esc connected. As the ground is coming from the esc.
For safety reason no direct ground connection from the lipo. It connect via the esc signal ground.
Last edited by dt8666; Nov 03, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joined Jan 2006
292 Posts
Quote:

Cheers!
Thanks! Got it!
mandis is offline Find More Posts by mandis
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:33 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,390 Posts
Quote:

Cheers!
Dont forget me dt8666 please
Thanks
Jac
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
Dont forget me dt8666 please
Thanks
Jac
Vsiting postoffice tomorrow
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:10 AM
Joined Jan 2006
292 Posts
Got mine today.. That was fast!

I'm building a Y6 with XXcontrolY6 firmware, how do i configure the motors? Where is motor no.1 positioned and so on? Which motor is CCW and which is CW?

Thank you!
Mandis

Found it on the Readme.
Thanks!
mandis is offline Find More Posts by mandis
Last edited by mandis; Nov 05, 2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Found it
Old Nov 05, 2011, 09:08 AM
BelgiŰ, Vlaams Gewest, Antwerpen
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
@dt8666 What kind off buzzer do i use for LVA?

Grtz, Dirk
dockerdirk is offline Find More Posts by dockerdirk
Old Nov 05, 2011, 04:00 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
@dirk:
Any 12V Buzzer should be fine.
I got those ones: http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320740088876

They work great on my KKPlus 5.5e...

Greetings from vienna,
Christian
kornetto is online now Find More Posts by kornetto
Old Nov 05, 2011, 07:38 PM
United States, WI, Wausau
Joined Sep 2011
116 Posts
Well... After three months of waiting for parts and reading thousands of posts on these and other forums, my quad finally got some air time today. The frame is a Stinger Quad from RadicalRC. Motors are 850Kv RCTimers. ESCs are super cheap no-names from eBay. KKPlush 5.5e controller.
My first attempts were pretty discouraging. The 10X4.6 EPP props chewed up a lot of grass, but none broke. After trying to get it off the ground with no success, I hit the forums again and found that I had the wrong motor numbering. After fixing that, it flew but needed a little tuning. I increased the roll and pitch gyros and turned OFF duel rates and set the throttle end point back to 100. After that, it took off and hovered nicely.
Unfortunatly, I think the old LiPo I used is a bit pooched. I could get it to hover at about six feet, but it would start losing altitude after about ten seconds. Even going to full throttle wouldn't keep it flying. New batteries ordered... more waiting.
Thanks a ton to all the helpful individuals on these forums for answering everyone's rookie questions. All my questions were answered without even asking.
BlackCat_ is offline Find More Posts by BlackCat_
Old Nov 05, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
@BlackCat
Glad you sort out the model finally. we are learning at the same time as way too many dynamics so some reading and asking always get you somewhere.

As for the buzzer, Kornetto is correct. Here is the note:
5.5e: 12V buzzer as the driver now output the same voltage as your lipo power. if you use 3V, it is around 12V, if you have a 4S setup, please make sure you have the correct buzzer or LED

5.5d: it is using 5V buzzer
Last edited by dt8666; Nov 05, 2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Name typo