paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:14 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz View Post
Im using this.
if you use the LZ flashtool, you need a full AVR programmer. you cannot use the Serial TTL.

KK Plus has its own tool to enable the use of Serial connection for flashing or we should call it loading of firmware. Only when you use the KK Plus flash tool then you can use serial connection.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:22 AM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Aright dude ill try to dig up my pc laptop and flash it there, still open to suggestion for mac users.
Last edited by paintball_kidz; Oct 28, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:30 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
can you try the KK plus flashtool with Mac Virtual Windows??
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Jun 2011
80 Posts
What a great day, used 8 batteries on the quad on a windless day. 1.5d is brilliant.
Have fitted 10 X 4.5 props which has calmed the throttle response, bit of trim and hands off
hover for 16 seconds as it just gently drifted around. Nice circuits, no frights, time for the
camera. This is on the default settings, not altered anything, just done stick calibration.
HGJL2009 is offline Find More Posts by HGJL2009
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:22 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
can you try the KK plus flashtool with Mac Virtual Windows??
I dont use virtual windows on my mac.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:02 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
bump for answer
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:24 AM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Alright I just found my pc and got the kk update tool open, which port do i select? I just selected a port that worked and it said port open successfully, then plugged the usb in, switched the bootload switch from on to 1 and powered the board with 5v... nothing happens... the led is blinking but thats it, the update tool doesnt recognize it, nothing changes...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 05:35 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,980 Posts
Quote:
Alright I just found my pc and got the kk update tool open, which port do i select? I just selected a port that worked and it said port open successfully, then plugged the usb in, switched the bootload switch from on to 1 and powered the board with 5v... nothing happens... the led is blinking but thats it, the update tool doesnt recognize it, nothing changes...
The screenshot you showed is the Flashtool by LazyZero, but your latest post talks about the KK update tool which is completely different. Dan has a good description and video online that shows you how to use that tool. Also, unless your USB serial adapter is plugged in, it won't appear in the port list. The adapter obviously has to be plugged in first.
But which tool are you trying to get working? If you are using the KK update tool, what kind of cable, what kind of serial adapter, and which set of pins on the serial adapter are you using? There are usually two sets, labelled X2 and X3. Only one will work depending on what you are doing.
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Oct 30, 2011, 06:04 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,980 Posts
MultiWii GUI interface for the KK Plus board and NeXtcopter software

Hey guys,

I uploaded a teaser last week, but now that the GUI is fully operational I thought some may be interested in seeing how the GUI is used.

MultiWii GUI for KK Plus (2 min 32 sec)
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Happy for looking after the question.

Hi paintball,
You need to know which Com Port number that was assigned to your USB serial. and at flashtool select that com number. Remember that KK Plus flashtool only support com number no more than 17.

Once you know the com number, follow the step by step and the message should display as I mentioned. To know which Com Number, you can goto device manager and look at the listing of ports.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
@Happy,

your GUI is getting better. nice... cant wait to see more add on and all will be happy to see this added to KK. so for some that like to have PC/NB as GUI, they have another option now.

Great work and progress.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:12 AM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8666 View Post
Thanks Happy for looking after the question.

Hi paintball,
You need to know which Com Port number that was assigned to your USB serial. and at flashtool select that com number. Remember that KK Plus flashtool only support com number no more than 17.

Once you know the com number, follow the step by step and the message should display as I mentioned. To know which Com Number, you can goto device manager and look at the listing of ports.

Hope this helps
I keep getting denied to open any port but the port 3-4 on the flashtool, when I plug my usb to ttl in windows doesnt read it in the com port section, but it does say its in port 2 when i view the properties. Do i need radio signal for the kk board to work? I want to try plugging servos onto the board which is setup for quad right now and see if the gyros are working since i dont have male to male yet.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:24 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
I keep getting denied to open any port but the port 3-4 on the flashtool, when I plug my usb to ttl in windows doesnt read it in the com port section, but it does say its in port 2 when i view the properties. Do i need radio signal for the kk board to work? I want to try plugging servos onto the board which is setup for quad right now and see if the gyros are working since i dont have male to male yet.
if the properties said it is Com 2, it is com 2. also to make sure it says working with no error.

and for the flash tool, please dont power up the KK Plus before you open the port. (step by step as in page 1)

you dont need radio signal. and if you are using 5.5e, please remove the Ail Cable from the KK Plus.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:42 AM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Antwerpen
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
@dt8666
When will their be shipt, i got order id #888

grdtz Dirk
dockerdirk is offline Find More Posts by dockerdirk