HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
how do you know that your voltage was stable?
There was no telemetry during my days of using Spektrum. We did the old school method of using an in-line voltage meter and I was running on a very low amp draw 6v setup with rubycon 4700uf capacitors. Thus the stability I am getting. Please note that telemtery accuracy is of weak tolerance and it is to be taken as a guideline, not as an absolution.

Ive heard of good things with the DX8's new DSMX. About a better reliability compared to the DSM and DSM2 technologies. However, that does not meant it is a perfection. The common solution for a secure signal used by large scale pilots is to run two or even three high-powered individual radio backup systems, thats the closest you can get to a perfectly secured signal. Still, those rare disruptions can still happen, this universe is filled with noisy radio waves.

Mate, I know what I'm talking about and I understand how unpredictable electronics can operate, irregardless of voltage stability. However, you hit a contradictory moment there. You were saying that "as long as the voltage is stable" and now you are saying that "the voltage is never stable". I see where this is going and I don't appreciate it. Too bias to my comfort. Lets just end this. It was suppose to be a casual recommendation for Joncreid.


Joncreid, don't be confused. The Devo8 that you have is more than enough for the Stinger64 despite it using DSSS technology! If you haven't had any problems with it, then just use it for now. Ive used DSSS tech for a long time before upgrading, never had any major issues or plane losses with DSSS.


SteveC, Got it! Thanks!
FusionTiger is offline Find More Posts by FusionTiger
Last edited by FusionTiger; Dec 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:46 PM
It should fly at least once
clive45's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,588 Posts
You know its a wonderful thing that HK has done in encouraging new people into RC by having low prices and a huge range of items covering just about everything RC.
Unfortunately there are those who now think that they can fly anything for about $150 or the less the better. This will lead to disappointment and a loss of some to the RC hobby, but worst of all it will cause accidents. Everyone is concerned enough to explain why they should buy something more expensive but hardly ever explain the possibility of accidents to them selves and the public in general. Your aircraft is the least consideration when it comes to damages or death
Don't get me wrong cheap items are very good if you know what your doing and understand what is required for your aircraft. We are seeing more and more new fliers trying to start off in scale and EDF aircraft without ever having flown anything before.
Just reading some of the posts makes you cringe, I think instead of trying to advise blind, encouraging them to join a club or at least get together with those who have and are flying now would be better.
Well that's my rant for the end of the year
Lets all have a safe Christmas.
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:43 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
You know its a wonderful thing that HK has done in encouraging new people into RC by having low prices and a huge range of items covering just about everything RC.
Unfortunately there are those who now think that they can fly anything for about $150 or the less the better. This will lead to disappointment and a loss of some to the RC hobby, but worst of all it will cause accidents. Everyone is concerned enough to explain why they should buy something more expensive but hardly ever explain the possibility of accidents to them selves and the public in general. Your aircraft is the least consideration when it comes to damages or death
Don't get me wrong cheap items are very good if you know what your doing and understand what is required for your aircraft. We are seeing more and more new fliers trying to start off in scale and EDF aircraft without ever having flown anything before.
Just reading some of the posts makes you cringe, I think instead of trying to advise blind, encouraging them to join a club or at least get together with those who have and are flying now would be better.
Well that's my rant for the end of the year
Lets all have a safe Christmas.
agree
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:47 PM
Soggy Scotland
pilotrcuk's Avatar
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
HET 6404 - Take Two...

I received the 6404 fan yesterday - the correct item this time :-) The shroud is noticeably more flexible than a 6904 shroud - not great since it's designed to take a 28mm motor. It's a totally different design, the intake lip is not detachable. Happily, it drops right into the Stinger fuz
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
I have the 9x flashed with er9x and it's great. 2 yr of flyi g without glitches. Bought 3 more planes with Money saved over spektrum trans and receivers. Only a choice and opinion. Friend flies Futaba and says resolution is less on 9X but works fine for me. If you get into $$$ big planes then it's justifiable. My friend with spektrum crash and I hear of glitches all the time.
Good luck
Im been flying mine for about 2yrs now with 0 issues all on the stock firmware. I know that i could have bought a more $$$$ name brand radio, but who are we kidding all our rc stuff comes out of china. It just has a different badge on it.

If spectrum or futaba is your thing then more power to you. But to people that hate on people for thinking or going outside the box once in a while shame on you.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:34 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
I received the 6404 fan yesterday - the correct item this time :-) The shroud is noticeably more flexible than a 6904 shroud - not great since it's designed to take a 28mm motor. It's a totally different design, the intake lip is not detachable. Happily, it drops right into the Stinger fuz
nice, been leaning on that unit, plan on running a dons wicked 4000 on 4s with it..
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:17 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
Steve C's Avatar
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,214 Posts
If anyone is interested in rewinding the stock motor, I put some pics in my blog. I'm doing the last one now, so I'll add a few more pics as I go.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1557133
Steve C is online now Find More Posts by Steve C
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:24 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,068 Posts
I am still waiting for the 3mm versions to be ready, the latest update is they will be ready next week.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:55 AM
Soggy Scotland
pilotrcuk's Avatar
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Don, it would be interesting to hear your comments about relative performance of the 6404 versus the other two 64mm units you do. Guessing the rotor might be a bit heavier therefore harder to spin - it looks identical to a 6904 rotor with shorter blades.
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:09 AM
Registered User
Joncreid's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Im been flying mine for about 2yrs now with 0 issues all on the stock firmware. I know that i could have bought a more $$$$ name brand radio, but who are we kidding all our rc stuff comes out of china. It just has a different badge on it.

If spectrum or futaba is your thing then more power to you. But to people that hate on people for thinking or going outside the box once in a while shame on you.
Amen
Joncreid is offline Find More Posts by Joncreid
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:51 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
Don, it would be interesting to hear your comments about relative performance of the 6404 versus the other two 64mm units you do. Guessing the rotor might be a bit heavier therefore harder to spin - it looks identical to a 6904 rotor with shorter blades.
I am hoping it will take higher watts. I would like to use this fan at about 800 watts or so.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:12 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I am hoping it will take higher watts. I would like to use this fan at about 800 watts or so.

Don
it will do.. I'm confident it can take much more though.. just as it is without andy balancing.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:18 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I am hoping it will take higher watts. I would like to use this fan at about 800 watts or so.

Don
So will this be a good fit, with the 4000 motor and 4s
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:01 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
The Don's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
So will this be a good fit, with the 4000 motor and 4s
I don't know as I have not received any fans units yet.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:37 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I don't know as I have not received any fans units yet.

Don
I read someone said that you would be carring them to sell, If that true let me know and ill wait and order it from you. Assuming the specs are good.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HobbyKing Viper Jet 70mm Fibreglass Jet Jagzilla Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1333 Jun 26, 2014 11:09 PM
Discussion Stinger F3B/F3F Vaclavs new weapon! SpeedMaster Multi Task F3X 124 Aug 08, 2013 09:00 PM
For Sale Nib sr71 64 mm ducted fan jet yf22raptor Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Mar 26, 2011 02:28 PM
Discussion HobbyKing EDF 64 Identification liam2317 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Dec 20, 2009 07:52 AM