HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
Flyin Acehole
USA, NJ, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2010
227 Posts
I have the Dons 4000 plus on 4s and would love to do a thrust tube...anyone do this themselves? I could use alittle direction on this...
DumthumbsFRANKIE is offline Find More Posts by DumthumbsFRANKIE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:34 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
just measure the outside diameter of the edf unt.
Also the length from the edf unit to the exit
Decide how much would be the exhaust nozzle... I think 50mm diam is ideal??

Download cone layout trial put then numbers and print it. You might need to add a couple of mm on the diameter of the edf shroud so that you can tape it easier around it.

You can use clear plastic sheet we usually use for protecting covers to create it. You can print it and then draw it on the plastic sheet
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,646 Posts
Pretty sure this is not available in the US warehouse Mike, sorry... I hope you get one, it does fly nice...

They do list it in the US but out of stock... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19783

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
Can this plane be purchased from the US warehouse?
When I go to the US warehouse, am I still able to use the search function, just for the US warehouse? It seems to take me back to search results from the International warehouse. If this is the case, do I just have to scroll through everything until I find the plane?
On another note... a club member was flying one yesterday in 10mph winds with no trouble at all. It seemed to be able to fly slow as well as fast. Perfect for someone like myself who will make this there first EDF jet.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Last edited by Evan D; Nov 21, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 08:49 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE View Post
I have the Dons 4000 plus on 4s and would love to do a thrust tube...anyone do this themselves? I could use alittle direction on this...
I posted the template in my build thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...77&postcount=2
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post

or that.. it's a bit easier
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:01 AM
Flyin Acehole
USA, NJ, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2010
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post

Don...fantastic!!!! Thankyou sir...what material should i use?
DumthumbsFRANKIE is offline Find More Posts by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE View Post
Don...fantastic!!!! Thankyou sir...what material should i use?
the one that I told you will work great..
I use it from my 50mm to my 90mm MB339
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:24 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
on 4s It will scream.. literally
This is the standard 4000 not the plus is that ok? I wanted to get the motor that would work on 3s or 4s cause i was not sure how i would like it. Its my first edf plane. I have a f27q stryker that i have been flying and that one flys at about 90+ right now.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:51 AM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
This is the standard 4000 not the plus is that ok? I wanted to get the motor that would work on 3s or 4s cause i was not sure how i would like it. Its my first edf plane. I have a f27q stryker that i have been flying and that one flys at about 90+ right now.
I run Don's standard "cool" 4000 on 4s and it goes like hell. I run this one so I can use a 45A ESC and lower "C" lipos. Probably not 90 mph, but close. You can run it on 3s too and it should be quicker than the stock system.
tdab is online now Find More Posts by tdab
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
it will still be just fine.
it's a very well balanced rotor.. never had probs withhets and I have 3 70mm and one 90mm
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:49 AM
I don't want to land yet!
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
My 3 blade fan decided to part company with the hub one blade at a time while doing a high speed pass today... bits of blades stuck in the foam! Had enough speed to do a big ark and land safely
Now she has a new lease of life, the stock 5 blade fan on my T45 Hawk motor in the Stinger now gives me 745 watts @ 51A using a 4s 2650mAh 50-90c battery. Plenty of thrust, can't wait for next weekend to try it out!
Strike3 is offline Find More Posts by Strike3
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
on monday im going to the customs office to get my stinger.. Maybe tuesday.. But i will order the new het to try it out. Could use less amp draw.
My 6blade doesnt sound so balanced anymore
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:16 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Hey Pavcon, I didn't realise HET had a 64mm unit - cool. Still trying to figure out what to put in mine. I'm torn between waiting for the Mercury units coming back in stock at HK (for a 4S 2200 or 5S 1800 setup...) or WM300 or...who knows?!!

Have you heard of anyone using this unit yet or is it still too now?

Hmmm, I have 2W-20 and 1W-30 as options...Have the 1W-30 in a 6904 ready to maiden in a foam Habu. Or a SAPAC MB-1 which is good to 5 cells... OPTIONS
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
Hey Pavcon, I didn't realise HET had a 64mm unit - cool. Still trying to figure out what to put in mine. I'm torn between waiting for the Mercury units coming back in stock at HK (for a 4S 2200 or 5S 1800 setup...) or WM300 or...who knows?!!

Have you heard of anyone using this unit yet or is it still too now?

Hmmm, I have 2W-20 and 1W-30 as options...Have the 1W-30 in a 6904 ready to maiden in a foam Habu. Or a SAPAC MB-1 which is good to 5 cells... OPTIONS
it's a brand new product.. it just popped up when I was looking for some specs in the highendrc page..
now I see thatyou are in scotland SO another option is to use the turbojet 4500kv motor with the rclander fan and shroud only. IF IT fits.. it's available at giantcod.co.uk that also carries some HET products. I e-mailed them to check out if they will be carrying that fan anytime soon and also to ask for a 700-68-1200kv motor but with the 8mm shaft. Its not on HETs page but I know they started producing some since I'm into the stumax fan thread also looking to build my first composite plane. \
giantcod.co.uk has a great CS and they are very helpful with everything and they also have knowledge in technical stuff too.

as for the MB1 sapac on 5s Ive seen it in a habu.. AMP HOG and not so much push in the air really.. a 5s 3570motor did much better even with less amps and less watts. we have some habus and meteors at the club that they started to experiment with different powersystems..
Last edited by pavcon; Nov 27, 2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:50 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Thanks for the info Pavcon. Yes I've used GiantCod a lot, Rob's CS is great.

I see HET are suggesting the 2W on 4S for the 6404...So I'm wondering about 5S on the 2W-20

The 64mm Lander unit seems to only take threaded motors - are you thinking the standoff on the Turbojet might fit inside any such threaded part of the shroud?
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk