HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:25 PM
Rc Fan From Belgium
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Hi guys, new to the thread. But from your comments it looks like this plane is definitely worth the money. Has anyone installed a hook on the bottom and used a bungee launcher yet?
U dont need a bungee launcher for this bird.
Just throw it away the underhand way like u can see on my youtube video's or any other way u find suitable.

Grts Dave
Anda Inc. is offline Find More Posts by Anda Inc.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:14 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
I too am looking at this one as my first edf, been flying the stryker Q for a few months now, so reday to take a step up. And advise for a edf noob? or upgrades that need to made to this one.

Also what flight times are ya'll getting with the 2200mah 3s?
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
lol are you sure this is a astep up from the stryker???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
Rc Fan From Belgium
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
I too am looking at this one as my first edf, been flying the stryker Q for a few months now, so reday to take a step up. And advise for a edf noob? or upgrades that need to made to this one.

Also what flight times are ya'll getting with the 2200mah 3s?
Stay with the stryker
This is not a step up.
Its a fun plane and u can make it fast but thats all to it.
The stryker on the other hand is a full speed and full acro plane

Grts Dave
Anda Inc. is offline Find More Posts by Anda Inc.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:11 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
ok so maybe not a step up, but something different. I've always found jets to be cool and wanted to try one out. This one is well within my budget to like it great if not then its not a huge lose. Plus i wanted to see how well hobbyking does there planes. I mainly use them to order batteries.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:42 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Got My Stinger, Part appears Missing to attach wing

Hi all,

Got my Stinger last night. Looks great, can't wait to get her air born.

I can not attach the main wing, as I seem to be missing the wood pieces that are glued into the fuselage through which the 4 main wing bolts screw.

Can anyone confirm there should be 4 wood or plastic nuts, or something like that, in the fuselage to attach the screws for the main wing?

I seem to be missing the 2 front piece. The rear piece are glued in just behind the EDF unit and the wing bolts screw in fine. I checke dthe rest of the packaging and see nothing else.

Thanks,
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycamaro View Post
I ordered the Stinger 64 on 9/19 and paid immediately with PayPal. Even though PayPal shows the payment made immediately with the order, Hobby King shows the payment is still pending. Hobby King states that it will not answer emails and there are not any phone numbers to call. Their online (not live) resolution is a joke. Two days after telling them about the problem, no answer. The Hobby Lobby plane is more expensive and out of stock so it's not really an option. I guess I will go to iHobby in Chicago with a little more spending money in October. Enjoy your Stingers and make some videos so I can enjoy the plane through YouTube.
I finally got a refund from PayPal. They had to wait until Oct. 7 for Hobby King to not respond. I'll wait until after iHobby next weekend in Chicago before trying to buy the Stinger again.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:21 PM
unbreakable ? give it to me !
United Kingdom, Market Harborough
Joined Oct 2010
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
Hi all,

Got my Stinger last night. Looks great, can't wait to get her air born.

I can not attach the main wing, as I seem to be missing the wood pieces that are glued into the fuselage through which the 4 main wing bolts screw.

Can anyone confirm there should be 4 wood or plastic nuts, or something like that, in the fuselage to attach the screws for the main wing?

I seem to be missing the 2 front piece. The rear piece are glued in just behind the EDF unit and the wing bolts screw in fine. I checke dthe rest of the packaging and see nothing else.

Thanks,
H
hi , mine arrived with two missing also , i just cut two small ply pieces to replace the missing parts glued them in and ran a small drill though to make holes for the bolts

dave
kinghelichopter is offline Find More Posts by kinghelichopter
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:56 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghelichopter View Post
hi , mine arrived with two missing also , i just cut two small ply pieces to replace the missing parts glued them in and ran a small drill though to make holes for the bolts

dave
Dave,
Thanks, good to know they're keeping the quality consistent.
I am building a couple piece from triplex. I've seen worse and fixed a lot worse.
Harold
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:12 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Dave,
Thanks, good to know they're keeping the quality consistent.
I am building a couple piece from triplex. I've seen worse and fixed a lot worse.
Harold
I just ordered mine thru the US warehouse. It better not be missing anything that has to do with securing the main wing bolts. That's total BS!!! It will be the first and last time I buy a plane from HK.
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:40 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
I just ordered mine thru the US warehouse. It better not be missing anything that has to do with securing the main wing bolts. That's total BS!!! It will be the first and last time I buy a plane from HK.
Settle Down, It is a 1/2 square inch of plywood. easy enough to fix. HK is a phenomenal place. you can buy the same plane with upgraded servos for $30 more if you want in the US, if you don't have confidence in HK.
I'm disappointed too but I got to solder on an EC3 plug and then she'll be ready.
H
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:43 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
877 Posts
Decals peeling

I've read several accounts of decals peeling of the wings. Has anyone tried a tape line along the leading edge to strengthen the edge and hold down the decals from peeling. It appears to put more weight behind the CG, but may be worth it for looks.
H
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:52 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Settle Down, It is a 1/2 square inch of plywood. easy enough to fix. HK is a phenomenal place. you can buy the same plane with upgraded servos for $30 more if you want in the US, if you don't have confidence in HK.
I'm disappointed too but I got to solder on an EC3 plug and then she'll be ready.
H
LOL...ok I'm settled down for now. So the Hobby Lobby version has better servos? How long have they been out of stock? HK also has serious out of stock (backorder) issues with this plane...like usual.

And I'm sorry to see you are still using those EC3 plugs.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
im waiting for that arf for over 4 months (maybe)
They SUCK
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Oct 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
im waiting for that arf for over 4 months (maybe)
They SUCK
WOW, are you serious! Unbelievable!