SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
maidened her.. first flight needed a ton of right aileron and 2 clicks up..
hell it's fast.. I believe with a trhust tube it will be faster. I brought her down.. landing gear had this little tense to bounce but it wasnt' the best of landings.. still you can come dead stick and land with a little input of eleevator ... YET...

on the second flight which i was going to test the inverted flight the knife edge etc etc.. I reduced the aileron move and increased the EXPO of both aileron and elevator. aileron at 70% when I plugged the battery the ESC initialised twice.

:/ I checked the battery plug and retried it.. it seemed ok

I took her up.. rolld were nice and better.. she was FAASt.. yes near or above 100mph

Elevator had enough authority to get me out of trouble .. .. knife edge is possible yes..
inverted flight EASY .. when I was turning to come for the final approach the motor seized... so as the controls an nosed her from approximately 60feet..

disaster..

the plane might be repairable.. but I won't repair her. she's too beautiful to repair. I will buy another body by the end of the month and I hope there is stock

Btw I inspected the plane with some guys there at the field .. At first we all thought it was the Orange 9ch receiver that I used (I was going to use the giantcod receiver but it was acting like my radio was mode 1) without any satelite connected to the two ports that it has.

then a guy noticed a small detail. The small piece of metal on the male T-Plug on the ESC that acts as a spring was missing.. not in the battery .. no where... I reconnected the battery and initiallised twice again

you can't imagine how noob I felt.. there awas also a little burn on the plug.. most probably damaged it on the soldering..
Damn I'm frustrated.. to order another frame is going to take another month to get from the moment I order..
Left the field really disappointed because I realised this plane flies beautifullly..

btw I forgot to mention that balanced her with 10g lead on the tail at 65mm

worked (for a little at least) just fine
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:53 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
was that on 3S Pav?
EDIT spotted previous post it is 4S

stock motor/ESC?
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:14 PM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,446 Posts
Can you guys that are flying these now post your setup and AUW? If you are 3s or 4s and what your AUW is would be great. I need something to shoot for on my 4s setup....

Pav, sorry you had issues but good to hear it was great while it lasted. You think you lost power because of a faulty connection?
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:15 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Damn I'm frustrated.. to order another frame is going to take another month to get from the moment I order..
that's our hobbyking... "cheap" and delivery when they feel like it, even if you pay extra for express shipping.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:20 PM
malta
Joined Mar 2007
27 Posts
The turnigy nano tech iam using weigh 291 grams.
tasmanja41 is offline Find More Posts by tasmanja41
Old Aug 05, 2011, 07:54 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab View Post
Can you guys that are flying these now post your setup and AUW? If you are 3s or 4s and what your AUW is would be great. I need something to shoot for on my 4s setup....
4S setup with 4S 2200 lipo is about 30 ounces.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2011, 08:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok ..couldn't resist...
Ordered another airframe. I will try with hot water on this crashed one but i dont expect miracles.. I really liked this jet so im not giving up that easily.. Definetely going to solder a new t-plug on the esc this time
Old Aug 06, 2011, 11:44 AM
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
ok ..couldn't resist...
Ordered another airframe. I will try with hot water on this crashed one but i dont expect miracles.. I really liked this jet so im not giving up that easily.. Definetely going to solder a new t-plug on the esc this time
You guys remember to use flux paste....It normally insures a nice robust joint between the wire and connector.
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:01 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
well its been a month since i ordered this jet and it still hasnt shipped out, and hobbyking has been giving me the runaround, and they will not refund my shipping or do anything to make it right heres the latest convo

ou are now chatting with : Ricky (Customer Service)
Ricky:

Hello there! Please provide me your Order ID number (If any) and request/concern briefly.
You:

2002872933 i have called 3 and chatted 4 times in the past 2 weeks about this order and they still have not shipped it, i paid you 150$ and you have not given me a product and the customer service has been horrible, please dont lie to me and tell me that it is goin to be shipped out tommorow, because thet have been saying that to me for 2 weeks, i have spent over 1000$ at your store and this is unacceptable, i want me order shipped to me ezpress, or i want a refund for the 30$ i paid for shipping, i ordered this jet to have it for the summer and the summer will be over before i get it, i want my shipping refunded or i want my jet this week. i am a moderater on rcgroups and i will complain about your buisness ratings if you do not make this right
Ricky:

One moment please.
Ricky:

Thank you for your patience.
You:

???
Ricky:

One moment please while I check your Order.
Ricky:

we are sorry for the delay
Ricky:

i checked your order and found that it has been packed , but it is strange why not ship out
Ricky:

we need to check with the warehouse
Ricky:

and it is weekend now, the warehouse is out of work,
Ricky:

so it will cause 2 more days delay
You:

i cannot do that, i want it shipped to me ezpress or i want a refund of my shipping, this is no way to do buisness, it has been a month and it still has not shipped
Ricky:

As your order has been packed and waiting for postman to pick up, I need to wait for warehouse confirmation before I can cancel the order. Please kindly wait, once I received the cancellation confirmation from warehouse, I will cancel the order for you
You:

i dont want to cancel my order, i want my order, but i want a refund for the shipping charge, or something
You:

or i want my shipping upgraded for free
Ricky:

we are sorry that
You:

you take my money, dont ship the plane, and will not even refund me the shipping chrage, that is horrible buisness, you have stolen my money from me
Ricky:

sorry for the inconvenience
You:

this is rediculous, i will post this conversation on the rc forums so everybody can know what ti expect when they deal with hobbyking, thank you for your time
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Aug 06, 2011, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab View Post

Pav, sorry you had issues but good to hear it was great while it lasted. You think you lost power because of a faulty connection?
im absolutely positive about that
Old Aug 06, 2011, 04:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
as for hobbyking.. They have done worse
Old Aug 06, 2011, 08:00 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
been a customer of theirs since day one, and this is the first time ive had an issue like this, realy puts a bad taste in my mouth, especialy since i cant get this jet from anywhere else
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:32 PM
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
been a customer of theirs since day one, and this is the first time ive had an issue like this, realy puts a bad taste in my mouth, especialy since i cant get this jet from anywhere else
What day did you order and what config? Blue or Red Kit, RTF?...Maybe that has something to do with it and they are stalling. The Red (kit only) that I ordered for $51 is OOS already, but I got mine this past Tuesday. I ordered it on July 12th or 13th, I think...so it does take 3 weeks sometimes. I also ordered a bunch of other crap with it, lipos, connectors, heat shrink,etc but the JIT part hosed me up

BTW, That is the longest I have waited for an order from HK...
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:39 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,228 Posts
I am going to sell the upgraded one I just built (see my build thread) if anyone is interested. I was flying it the other day and the thrust tube must have come untaped on one spot so the tube got messed up. I landed so right now it has no thrust tube in it and I do not feel like making a new one since it is August already so I will be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested in receiver ready condition less thrust tube.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2011, 03:54 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer View Post
was that on 3S Pav?
EDIT spotted previous post it is 4S

stock motor/ESC?
Wondering the same too..Stock motor and ESC??..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer