HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:24 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
70 Posts
Ok, all very good advice, thanks to everyone ;-)

Now I just have to play the waiting game while this plane is in the postal system . . . . . . . .
orbit_01 is offline Find More Posts by orbit_01
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:46 PM
San Antonio, TX.
Joined Feb 2009
643 Posts
I've had about ten flights on the Stinger in a complete stock setup without any expo or low and high rates, only thing I did was set the servo end points at 60% on ailerons and elevator. It's a bit sensitive but very manageable, this was my first EDF and I'm getting really comfortable with it and starting to really enjoy it.
malden86 is offline Find More Posts by malden86
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:04 AM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86 View Post
I've had about ten flights on the Stinger in a complete stock setup without any expo or low and high rates, only thing I did was set the servo end points at 60% on ailerons and elevator. It's a bit sensitive but very manageable, this was my first EDF and I'm getting really comfortable with it and starting to really enjoy it.
Good to hear. Its still my go to edf while I build my habu 2. I used to be a little nervous flying it at first, but now its relaxing and lots of fun.

Cheers
supercollider is offline Find More Posts by supercollider
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:11 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
3,190 Posts
I had my first successful maiden yesterday.
2200mah 3s bat, all the way forward.
I needed 3 tries to get her in the air with the third being a hefty toss at near level attitude.
Once the air got flowing through the fan, she flew extremely stable and manageable.
Nice Plane and fun to fly (now that I know what to do!)
Cheers,
Patrick
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:52 PM
Joined Nov 2011
20 Posts
Didn't have alot of experience on planes when I bought this jet and I think the photos show! Working on a bungee launch at the moment. It was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle putting her back together lol.

dustint209 is offline Find More Posts by dustint209
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:30 PM
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,312 Posts
Nice work, well done! What happened if you don't mind me asking? Before the crash that is!
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:31 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
fan friggin tastic repair job. love it.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:33 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Wow!! Impressive rebuild! Way to go!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:39 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustint209 View Post
Didn't have alot of experience on planes when I bought this jet and I think the photos show! Working on a bungee launch at the moment. It was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle putting her back together lol.

Nice repair job, but its gonna be heavy. Full throttle into the wind. Good luck.
supercollider is offline Find More Posts by supercollider
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:16 AM
Joined Nov 2011
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercollider View Post
Nice repair job, but its gonna be heavy. Full throttle into the wind. Good luck.
Heavy? Doubt it. Just a little paint and glue won't make much of a difference on this jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
Wow!! Impressive rebuild! Way to go!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
fan friggin tastic repair job. love it.

Rich
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Nice work, well done! What happened if you don't mind me asking? Before the crash that is!
I'm not real sure, just lack of experience I guess. It was just a bad day for everybody at the field. I watched a guy crash his $600 heli than another guy wrecked his $900 90cc plane. I think the flying gods were pissed that day lol. Here is the video of the crash.
dustint209 is offline Find More Posts by dustint209
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:34 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakofonixx View Post
I don't think you need a flight stabilizer for the stinger at all the plane is steady enough even on high weight loads like mine
I agreed that one isn't "needed", but I'd like to have one at least on the rudder. She wagges her tail around pretty good in anything above a gentle breeze.
I have a HK gyro that saw exactly one flight in my Parkzone T28. After adjusting the gain I was having a ball cutting solidly through 10g15 winds until I tried an inverted circuit. The gyro-stabilized ailerons slowed down the roll rate enough that I ended up plowing into the ground nose first, total destruction.
Anyway don't think there's enough room inside my Stinger to mount it so not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Nice Plane and fun to fly (now that I know what to do!)
Cheers,
Patrick
Congrats! The Stinger is my first (and only) EDF, and I put about 12 fun flights on her with the stock power system and 3S before going to Don's 4S set-up.

Very nice repair job Dustin! Looks great in silver.
The nose of my stinger has been repaired twice.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2180
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2198
Not as drastic as yours (since I pre-strengthened her with 1x4mm CF strips) but I don't notice any difference with the additional weight. Still floats in beautifully for landings, and esp on 4S has no problems with thrust or climb rate. Wouldn't mind a bit longer flight times but 3:30 or so of an adrenaline rush is really enough for me...
Kurt is online now Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Please help...

Dear all..
Please help me..
Im a new edf's pilot..
Please tell me how many dual rate and expo rate for me as a noob pilot...?

Please... Please help...

Sorry for my bad english
GreatMonk is offline Find More Posts by GreatMonk
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:21 AM
The stalling italian
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMonk View Post
Please tell me how many dual rate and expo rate for me as a noob pilot...?
I use 50% D/R with 30% for both aile and ele on position 0, 80% D/R with 15% expo for aile and ele on position 1.
I leave the rudder at 100% D/R with 15% expo.

With this settings she flies smooth and she's not twitchy. I'd like to see what other people use too though.
gionir is offline Find More Posts by gionir
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,929 Posts
dustin...nice paint job and repair.
beware that and glue and paint is heavier than most think. i repaired my stinger a few times and then repainted the entire thing. I definately could tell that it stalled at a much higher speed towards the end of my repairs. Just keep it fast.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gionir View Post
I use 50% D/R with 30% for both aile and ele on position 0, 80% D/R with 15% expo for aile and ele on position 1.
I leave the rudder at 100% D/R with 15% expo.

With this settings she flies smooth and she's not twitchy. I'd like to see what other people use too though.
Ah... Thanks for the information sir...
I'll try it...
Thankyou........
GreatMonk is offline Find More Posts by GreatMonk