HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:14 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County
Joined Jan 2004
825 Posts
The fan unit is said to be for 3,17mm shaft, but it is a perfect fit on 3mm shaft...
MagnusEl is offline Find More Posts by MagnusEl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:32 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
god damn it mine is at their warehouse front for 5 days now..
lamers
I HATE HATE HATE their service
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Dont worry dude so is mine.

Im tempted to cancel my order and wait till it comes to my local Warehouse.

My latest orders get shipped quite fast from HK ...
My problem is that my local custom add a 2 even 3 weeks of delay ... some days lost for send me a letter for ask what is inside ... then days for process my reply and calculate the custom bill (I send them the paypal confirmation, more precise then that I can't do) ... and then finally some days for the local post to bring to my home address ...

So the chinese time (processing and air ship time is not so bad at all) is nothing compared to the local delay ...

At least ... so far none of my package got lost ... since in some countries there is the risk that post man or some post guy can increase his own RC toy collection

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Anyhow, for some product they have such amazing low price .. that I could even wait extra weeks without problem ... that's why sometime I order also while the stock is not present ... for example ... I got a 450 size helicopter kit for 20$ shipping cost included .. amazing ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:36 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
my customs always add delay..
the items is packed for 4 days and tomorrow is the 5th. (they are closed now.. thats why I said 5)
it's unacceptable.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Dont worry dude so is mine.

Im tempted to cancel my order and wait till it comes to my local Warehouse.
How do you go about cancelling a order i only get the option to cancel when something i order doesn't come back in stock for a few weeks.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:14 AM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,499 Posts
Just back in from an early AM maiden flight. I don't think we have to worry about it being tail heavy with the 1750 3S pack. I did toss a quarter in the front of the battery compartment but I don't think it is really necessary.

Talk about a perfect first hand launch! 3/4 throttle, grip it by the little finger holes using my left hand and huck it straight forward. Satisfyingly fast stock, pretty stable, tracks nicely, and easy landings.

Video shot of both flights....should have it up much later tonight.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bajora; Jul 21, 2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added a few words that I forgot to type
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:21 AM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
How do you go about cancelling a order i only get the option to cancel when something i order doesn't come back in stock for a few weeks.
I have cancelled one before using the online chat.

If mine is not posted by tomorrow morning I will probably do the same again.

Im not impatient but they didnt advertise this as coming from the JIT Warehouse and I paid for the express shipping so I could have it this weekend to fly.... Tomorrow is Friday down here so unless its getting here via time warp I have no plane for the Weekend. Which s me because I could of ordered something in stock in the NSW/Aus Warehouse and have it here ready to fly.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:30 AM
Joined Dec 2007
44 Posts
That's awesome bajora! I am now eager to watch the videos!
FusionTiger is offline Find More Posts by FusionTiger
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:36 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Bajora, great news. I am about to maiden my Stinger in an hour or so. Just have to charge some packs first, then off to the field.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3 View Post
Bajora, great news. I am about to maiden my Stinger in an hour or so. Just have to charge some packs first, then off to the field.
heyyyy any video???
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
btw the reason the stinger balances with a 2200lipo is becaue it was meant to be with landing gear.
the extra weight of the nosewheel and servo will balance it with a smaller pack
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:42 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
pavcon, i dont have a videocam so I cant make any video of the maiden, but I will write about it when I am back from the maiden flight.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
kk.. good luck mate
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:52 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
pavcon, thank you. Hopefully this will be an easy plane to fly. I write more about it when I am back.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:21 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
241 Posts
I'm seriously jealous of you guys already having your Stingers!

Just checked my tracking and it's been handed over to the airline but thats it god only knows when it will get to the UK and then I have the fun of Parcelforce sitting on it for a week before delivering it

tracking info so far:
20/07/2011 16:35
Handover to Airline
20/07/2011 06:43
Processing at Air Transit Center
18/07/2011 15:02
Processing at Sorting Centre
18/07/2011 14:33
Acknowledged at Transit Centre
18/07/2011 13:34
Shipments in transit from Origin

I keep checking it, but nothing is going to change for a day or 2 I think.

Am a little concerned about balancing it, I bought a few more nanotech 1800mah 3cells for this plane, mostly because I already use that size in another plane. I have ordered the landing gear but its possible I wont use it but keep them for another project....

I am no master of hand launching, some people say throw level some say throw slightly up, some say half throttle some say full etc. Any tips on how she launches and what throttle etc is appreciated
papa_lazerous is offline Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
I don't have any EDFs myself, but for a well powered plane, I'd say 75% throttle. Just throw it a little upwards(20-30°) and have your hands on the elevator ASAP.
jeanorwin is offline Find More Posts by jeanorwin