HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 09, 2012, 03:44 PM
Registered User
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
For launching problems try a short little bungee launcher which works great.
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 11:35 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
vanderbrander's Avatar
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496 View Post
The spoon is from a MacDonalds Sundae. Cut the handle off and 1/3 of the spoon. Sand lightly.....Easy
Ah McDonalds!! The cure for hangovers and now cooling for my ESC - is there nothing they cannot do...??
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 12:18 AM
Registered User
Ben D Wing's Avatar
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbrander View Post
Ah McDonalds!! The cure for hangovers and now cooling for my ESC - is there nothing they cannot do...??
Yeh, they can't make decent food!
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 11:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2006
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrc View Post
I've flown my stinger a half dozen times now and love it. Last night I had a bad toss and jacked the nose some, but with a little CA it is back to flying shape. One issue popped up, I have a dead aileron servo that I need to replace. I have a couple 9 gram tower pro servos that are around the same size, would it be a good substitute or should I look for something a bit more robust? I have two in there now (rather than try to reverse one, I just swapped in the two servos. Anyone else have some advice or thoughts on this?

9g micro servo is ok for stinger 64mm, just make sure that it is installed properly
hotpicks is offline Find More Posts by hotpicks
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
Registered User
danrc's Avatar
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
Thanks hotpicks, I flew the stinger with the new servos last night with no issues.
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 06:47 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Hillsborough
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Stinger Review

I maddened my new Stinger (got it from Banana Hobby) last night. It really exceeded my expectations for a $90 PNP jet. The model was easy to assemble, appears really well made (and packed in the box). Hand launching was a little rough, but once it picked up some speed it flew like it was on rails. I am only 6 months into this hobby, with less than 5 hrs total stick time, and I had not problem flying this jet. It was fast at full throttle, but slowed down nicely at half throttle, and was easier to land than my Parkzone P-51. I am using a Spektrum DX7S with an Orange Receiver. I put in 40% expo into the ailerons on the second flight to make the jet a little less twitchy, and that was all i needed to make each subsequent flight effortless an predictable.

As others have suggested, true CG is about 5 mm back from manufacture's recommendation. Using a 3s 1800 pack makes for a perfect CG w/o any additional effort. This is a really well made and engineered plane that is well worth the $90 price tag. I am going to put in a BEC next just in case the stock ESC fails (as HK and BH products tend to do), but if I get 10 flights out of the stock power system, I will be happy.
NJTailChaser is offline Find More Posts by NJTailChaser
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTailChaser View Post
I maddened my new Stinger (got it from Banana Hobby) last night. It really exceeded my expectations for a $90 PNP jet. The model was easy to assemble, appears really well made (and packed in the box). Hand launching was a little rough, but once it picked up some speed it flew like it was on rails. I am only 6 months into this hobby, with less than 5 hrs total stick time, and I had not problem flying this jet. It was fast at full throttle, but slowed down nicely at half throttle, and was easier to land than my Parkzone P-51. I am using a Spektrum DX7S with an Orange Receiver. I put in 40% expo into the ailerons on the second flight to make the jet a little less twitchy, and that was all i needed to make each subsequent flight effortless an predictable.

As others have suggested, true CG is about 5 mm back from manufacture's recommendation. Using a 3s 1800 pack makes for a perfect CG w/o any additional effort. This is a really well made and engineered plane that is well worth the $90 price tag. I am going to put in a BEC next just in case the stock ESC fails (as HK and BH products tend to do), but if I get 10 flights out of the stock power system, I will be happy.
yo will get tons without any probs as long as you keep it stock. .
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 08:54 AM
speeddemon
United States, TX, Whitesboro
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
Is there anyway of fitting a 28mm motor in the stock fan housing?
tofast4u is offline Find More Posts by tofast4u
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 11:18 AM
AKA Terry Till
ex-racr's Avatar
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofast4u View Post
Is there anyway of fitting a 28mm motor in the stock fan housing?
None whatsoever, unless you want to cut out the motor tube and fabricate a new one.
Not worth it, IMHO.
Any particular reason why you want to use a 28mm motor?
ex-racr is online now Find More Posts by ex-racr
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 01:56 PM
speeddemon
United States, TX, Whitesboro
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
well right now all i have is a HK 2800 70mm motor and would like to find a use for it int the stinger but after looking more i think i might be better off getting the hobbyking 70mm sport jet
tofast4u is offline Find More Posts by tofast4u
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
AKA Terry Till
ex-racr's Avatar
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,539 Posts
Get the 70mm sport jet. So much easier than getting that motor to work in the Stinger.
ex-racr is online now Find More Posts by ex-racr
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Infinite Zenith
Draven's Avatar
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Just ordered mine. Can't wait.
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 02:12 AM
Registered User
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,663 Posts
Hi,

Maidened mine this weekend with the stock system and 3S 1800 battery. Three flights with me doing all the hand launching. It takes a good chuck, but it's not too bad. This is a really nice flying jet.

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
Buildin'em and flyin'em
JaggedEdge's Avatar
United States, NY, Erie
Joined Dec 2007
447 Posts
EDF Hobbies has a Wemo 64mm fan that will accept a 28mm motor.
I was going to do this with some 5s packs I have but I went with the cyclone power rig for now. The extreme 3950kv should make 4lbs of thrust lol.
JaggedEdge is offline Find More Posts by JaggedEdge
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 03:56 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
vanderbrander's Avatar
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
For those of you who want a 64mm fan that will accept a 28mm motor. Here's a link to a couple of options.

http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...146_72_293_228
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HobbyKing Viper Jet 70mm Fibreglass Jet Jagzilla Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1348 Nov 19, 2014 07:45 PM
Discussion Stinger F3B/F3F Vaclavs new weapon! SpeedMaster Multi Task F3X 124 Aug 08, 2013 10:00 PM
For Sale Nib sr71 64 mm ducted fan jet yf22raptor Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Mar 26, 2011 03:28 PM
Discussion HobbyKing EDF 64 Identification liam2317 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Dec 20, 2009 08:52 AM