HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Anyone having any other troubles than the range issues that Kara Gan has?
My red/white Yamaha bike's gyro stopped after about 12 battery pack runs, so I sent it to Kyosho for repairs. Got it back today and the steering servo quit on the first pack since it's repair.
Dave. Maybe you've got serious static from your hands to have such bad luck with electronics of all different manufacturers . Or maybe they all need to lift their game a bit. Lucky for warranty I guess .
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:19 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Dave. Maybe you've got serious static from your hands to have such bad luck with electronics of all different manufacturers . Or maybe they all need to lift their game a bit. Lucky for warranty I guess .
Yeah Chris, I hate to complain, lol. I'm not mad about this stuff happening because that won't fix anything anyway, I just want to know if I'm the only one with a rain cloud following my little bikes around. What makes me mad is that they built the bike with a 5 wire servo so I can't buy a better grade servo to prevent this issue from occurring again. If other people are not seeing these issues (I hope not) I'll just consider it's just my bad luck for finding the bad apple of the bunch. Did I mention my Mini Moto Ducati coming with the rear wheel off set to the left so bad the tire rubbed the swing arm and fender, due to the right hand wheel bearing pocket was moulded with 2mm excess material causing the swing arm to spread aprt and the wheel t/tire to be off center of the chassis(just like the Ducati my buddy picked up last Friday! lol. Normally I have really good luck with this stuff., but lately, not so much! Those Hobby King 80amp speedos I put in the venom/atomic 450's work beautiful!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Jan 08, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:34 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
nobody wants to race...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806938
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:29 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Sorry to hear you guys having trouble, I have never had a range problem but have had the motor plug play up and had it cut out now and again for no reason, the most comon thing is the motor wires get trapped and short out and stop the bike and the motor plug was stopping me getting full power so I resoldered it. I have now bought the X speed motor and it runs really well, not much faster but an improvement, plus I bought a set of the steering wires Yellow hard, green medium, red soft, I have tried them all and I got to say I love the red soft wire, ok at speed it does not turn that well but the slow speed is just fantastic !! you can drive it around so slow with the crashbars never touching the ground even with the gyro turned down, I guess for racing the green would be better or even the yellow but this yellow set up just slams the bike down on the crashbars but I suppose on a carpet or high grip track it could be ok, anyway getting to like this little bike more and more as the mods go on.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:59 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,598 Posts
Danggggggggg I always miss out on a decent sale
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:48 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
Basement mini z moto fun

New layout in my basement for my Mini Z Moto bike. Orange Ducati, stock with soft compound front tire and roller side bars. Gyro at lowest setting on both knobs.
Trying to get used to the crazy head gear cam mounting I flim flamed out of an old welding helmet. lol. Concentrated more on keeping the bike in frame rather than driving. I bike is really better than I showed here!

00185 (2 min 21 sec)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:56 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,598 Posts
Bro...I think your transmitter needs some grease OR your video recorder has a hella sensitive mic.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:06 PM
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
632 Posts
It's a damn shame we cant get those bikes here in australia, we have to order them and then add the stupid shipping charge and profit charge and the moron charge and what ever other taxes people wanna dd before they allow us to take it home... Oh well Japan in 1 months time. Ill just have to get it from there!
pokiou is offline Find More Posts by pokiou
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:48 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Bro...I think your transmitter needs some grease OR your video recorder has a hella sensitive mic.
Sorry for all the backround noise--the TV and the crackling noise caused by my home made head gear vid cam mounting set up.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Race motoracer !!

ミニッツモトレーサー/デモレース in WML H25.1.20 (2 min 37 sec)
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer View Post
Race motoracer !!

http://youtu.be/0u_I1NlNZlE

THIS BOYS...........IS HOW I IMAGINE IT AND DREAM IT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!

CMON everyone! Lets make this happen HERE!!!!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:17 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
THIS BOYS...........IS HOW I IMAGINE IT AND DREAM IT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!

CMON everyone! Lets make this happen HERE!!!!
CMON everyone! Lets make this happen HERE!!!! Yes, I agree Kev! The 3 guys running together at about the 1:40 mark to the 2:20 mark were showing the potential of these great little bikes! Those 3 guys were clearly the more experienced of the group and it showed. That track was way too busy and technical for the other racers in the group. I think if any of us actually get to start promoting a race, we should try to remember to make the track a little less technical than that one so the "novice" riders can have time and area to make the corrections that the bikes require. If newbies see every one having to be marshaled a bunch of times per race, they may be discouraged from trying to learn to run the bikes, let alone race them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe lay out a track with just a few turns with wide entries and exits. The good lines will still be there, but there will be room for the guys that can't run a precise line and needs some run off room to avoid a crash. Just thinking out loud, lol.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:57 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
CMON everyone! Lets make this happen HERE!!!! Yes, I agree Kev! The 3 guys running together at about the 1:40 mark to the 2:20 mark were showing the potential of these great little bikes! Those 3 guys were clearly the more experienced of the group and it showed. That track was way too busy and technical for the other racers in the group. I think if any of us actually get to start promoting a race, we should try to remember to make the track a little less technical than that one so the "novice" riders can have time and area to make the corrections that the bikes require. If newbies see every one having to be marshaled a bunch of times per race, they may be discouraged from trying to learn to run the bikes, let alone race them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe lay out a track with just a few turns with wide entries and exits. The good lines will still be there, but there will be room for the guys that can't run a precise line and needs some run off room to avoid a crash. Just thinking out loud, lol.
What you wrote makes perfect sense and I'm on the SAME PAGE. I agree SOOO much on it. A simple M course or slightly more would be super ample for these guys. A big "technical" track for RC Bikes takes much of the fun out of it anyways. +1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:55 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,293 Posts
Having myself tried a tight and technical track, I agree! Make it wide and "forgiving"!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:10 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,598 Posts
A "mini z " track is it the best venue for these bikes. Mini z tracks tend to be very technical and pretty narrow (because of the technicality) .

Again a good M corset or slightly more would be more than efficient for these little guys.