HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:15 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyTeng View Post
Hi Micky, What material are you guys using to make your track barriers out of? It looks like some sort of cloth tubing or a similar material. Any help would be appreciated. Dave
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
My Ducati

Ma ducati Mini-z motoracer. (1 min 35 sec)
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:35 AM
Joined Sep 2004
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdave View Post
hi micky, what material are you guys using to make your track barriers out of? It looks like some sort of cloth tubing or a similar material. Any help would be appreciated. Dave
eva
MickyTeng is offline Find More Posts by MickyTeng
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Sep 2004
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Those are really cool videos, MickyTeng! Thanks for posting them.

That first one on the rooftop, what city skyline is that in the background? And what were those things you were using for markers?

This is in Taiwan, home of the top floor.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:53 AM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
Streetracer...

how many times faster did you upload the video on the net!

Joking..!

Wow really impressed!

I'm not capable to drive half of your speed in such a small track...

Merry Christmas!
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jena67 View Post
Streetracer...

how many times faster did you upload the video on the net!

Joking..!

Wow really impressed!

I'm not capable to drive half of your speed in such a small track...

Merry Christmas!
Thank you Jena67,

Merry Christmas !
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:35 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyTeng View Post
HI again Mickey, Sorry for asking again, but I probably confused you when I asked about the track barriers. I was wondering about the BLACK flexible INFIELD lane dividers on the INDOOR TRACK you showed the video of. They look very forgiving for these little Mini Moto Z's, and I would very much like to know what they are made of, because I also have a home indoor track I would like to use some of that stuff on. It looks like great stuff and easy to use! Thanks again, Dave
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Sep 2004
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
HI again Mickey, Sorry for asking again, but I probably confused you when I asked about the track barriers. I was wondering about the BLACK flexible INFIELD lane dividers on the INDOOR TRACK you showed the video of. They look very forgiving for these little Mini Moto Z's, and I would very much like to know what they are made of, because I also have a home indoor track I would like to use some of that stuff on. It looks like great stuff and easy to use! Thanks again, Dave
CorelDraw + foam board

2012-11-24 MINI-Z 小萬板片段 (1 min 27 sec)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
42 Posts
CURVE
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:16 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Looks very cool... Although once the battery has been removed from under the roller, he might be in trouble..!
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Hi, long time lurker here.
Just wanted to ask if any of you guys have range issues with your moto racer. Mine loses signal beyond 5 feet! I've looked everywhere for a fix but the problem won't go away. I've changed new batteries, played at different locations, made sure the antennae don't overlap servo wires etc. ;_;

I'm about to give up here. Please help
GaraKan is offline Find More Posts by GaraKan
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:41 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
Hi GaraKan, first post, congratulations to a new era in your life. This forum is very addictive.
You should absolutely try to re-bind your radio set before any special tricks. It's in the manual I think.
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_dad View Post
Hi GaraKan, first post, congratulations to a new era in your life. This forum is very addictive.
You should absolutely try to re-bind your radio set before any special tricks. It's in the manual I think.
Thank you, z_dad. I did re-bind my moto 2-3 times, still the same result. This problem started after I installed my xspeed motor. I think I jumbled up the wires or something. Tried to google the original wire placements to no avail.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:01 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
Hmm, this shouldn't cause that kind of trouble.
Only problem I had regarding motor installation was the cables getting pinched together after rebuild, causing the electronics to shut down every time i tried to use the throttle. This was an escalating behaviour, hardly noticable in the beginning. Separating the cables widely apart sorted that.
Since the drive motor is a brushed one, it will move the right, -or the wrong way, depending on wire "jumble", nothing else. So that's not the issue I think.
Try putting back the old motor and see if it solves the range issue. What I'm saying is that your problem could be amp-draw related (the xspeed might be faulty or something's dragging in the transmission).
Your symptoms may be confused between the power-down blackout, and a range-loss brownout. Just to be sure of the correct description of your problems.
Hope it helps.
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Last edited by z_dad; Dec 28, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_dad View Post
Hmm, this shouldn't cause that kind of trouble.
Only problem I had regarding motor installation was the cables getting pinched together after rebuild, causing the electronics to shut down every time i tried to use the throttle. This was an escalating behaviour, hardly noticable in the beginning. Separating the cables widely apart sorted that.
Since the drive motor is a brushed one, it will move the right, -or the wrong way, depending on wire "jumble", nothing else. So that's not the issue I think.
Try putting back the old motor and see if it solves the range issue. What I'm saying is that your problem could be amp-draw related (the xspeed might be faulty or something's dragging in the transmission).
Your symptoms may be confused between the power-down blackout, and a range-loss brownout. Just to be sure of the correct description of your problems.
Hope it helps.
Thanks z_dad! It did help increase my range up to 10-12 feet. Is that the norm?