Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:36 AM
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Lidköping
Joined Jan 2010
83 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355826500.069277.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 42.4 KB
Description:
My Ducati just arrived. I also bought a red Yamaha for my colleague.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355826584.722392.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 44.3 KB
Description:

So tonight there will be a race between Stoner, Rossi & Lorenzo at our local club indoor racetrack made for 1:18 / Mini-Z cars. Here you can see a video from the track. The car is a 1:14 scale Carisma. A little big for the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oVf-QnfS7SM

// Fredrik
Tüsken is offline Find More Posts by Tüsken
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,700 Posts
Nice track... actually it looks scale for that car... the lane widths look the right size based on how wide real tracks are... of course the cars would be slower in scale speed as well...

the bikes should do well there
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,835 Posts
Guys I have asked this question so many times now, how do I get rid of the wheel wobble, it is so bad on my bike.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Aluminum fork !!!

http://ameblo.jp/kyoshoblog/image-11...336840131.html
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Sep 2004
42 Posts
KYOSHO MINI-Z MOTO RACER TEST-2 (2 min 24 sec)
MickyTeng is offline Find More Posts by MickyTeng
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:58 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
Steve: have you tried backing off the preload on the fork springs and tried a harder steering wire?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Guys I have asked this question so many times now, how do I get rid of the wheel wobble, it is so bad on my bike.
Sorry, I have no news for you there. My bike don't have any tendencies to wobble at all so I can't relate to the problem. First guess is that something is loose or broken but I assume you already checked everything possible, twice or more.

I don't know, maybe this observation could be of interest:
-Running my SB5 in the wet and cold (8*C) with a cold PMT 010 in the front and ROADIES in the rear (yes it was a test), gave me constant headshake combined with absolutely no turning radius and lowsiders in every corner (needless to say it wasn't any fun and i soon gave up). Evidently front grip has a lot to do with wobble.

Edit. You have checked for wheel clearance against the lower body, right? If it drags there, nothing works.
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,835 Posts
It has always done it from new, it had a buckled wheel when I got it but managed to true it up, I have fitted tiny spacers each side of the wheel nothing rubs or binds, I am on my second steering wire as they break I guess because the head shake. The bike tends to have a wobble when going real slow as well, just a gentle shake but goes off when you speed up but soon as its under full power and you hit a bump the front wheel goes crazy its just a blur, have ordered new wires from Banzi the coloured ones hope they are stronger. I also have backed the springs right off till the screws are haning out but it still does it, was thinking of cutting them down what you all think
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
255 Posts
Crazy.. and I haven't even mounted spacers. It's a noticable play sideways, and yet, no problems. A little wiggle at low speed but that's to be expected i think.
Edit 1: About the steering wire braking. I found out that the front wheel fender kicks the spring when susp. is compressed if you run minimum rake. I lost mine that way. ...Going to cut the fender behind the fork.
Edit 2: I cut the fender behind the fork, easily done with the forlegs removed.
You can hardly see it's been cut and the fender stays away from the spring. A good mod!
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Last edited by z_dad; Dec 22, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:21 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,835 Posts
My old Thunder Tiger TT done it when I made a new set of forks for it, I simply cut the springs down to give it a bit of sag and it was perfect, you think cutting the springs down on the Mini z will help as they have so much pre load on them for the weight of the bike?
Cheers
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:35 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
Hmmm, what surface are you running on, Steve. I only run on RCP, and occasionally there is some wobble if the tiles haven't settled yet, but in general pretty stable. I run with the longest wheelbase, the rear sagging a bit, and a much harder wire, sometimes with the front wheel weights removed.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:57 AM
Barboursville, VA
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
It has always done it from new, it had a buckled wheel when I got it but managed to true it up, I have fitted tiny spacers each side of the wheel nothing rubs or binds, I am on my second steering wire as they break I guess because the head shake. The bike tends to have a wobble when going real slow as well, just a gentle shake but goes off when you speed up but soon as its under full power and you hit a bump the front wheel goes crazy its just a blur, have ordered new wires from Banzi the coloured ones hope they are stronger. I also have backed the springs right off till the screws are haning out but it still does it, was thinking of cutting them down what you all think
Well going by real motorcycle geometry it sounds like it doesn't have enough rake (or trail but the trail can't be adjusted on the Moto). Try setting it on the shallowest rake setting, raising the forks higher if you can, or lowering the rear of the bike.

Even before that make sure the tire is true and doesn't wobble while spun, make sure the steering stem doesn't have to much play in it at the forks, maybe even try balancing the front wheel? It should be able to handle the steepest rake angles that they designed into the bike so the setup changes that I mentioned first shouldn't really be needed.
Fajita Dave is offline Find More Posts by Fajita Dave
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Sep 2004
42 Posts
KYOSHO MINI-Z MOTO RACER TRACK-1 (3 min 24 sec)
MickyTeng is offline Find More Posts by MickyTeng
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:30 AM
Boston, MA
Joined May 2003
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyTeng View Post
Quote:
Those are really cool videos, MickyTeng! Thanks for posting them.

That first one on the rooftop, what city skyline is that in the background? And what were those things you were using for markers?
Snuffleupagus is offline Find More Posts by Snuffleupagus
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Quote:

Fantastic !!
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer