HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
That's mad...
The chase camera is awsome... And a typically dis-gruntled car driver p!ssed at the bike for cuttin through traffic, and just gives him a little "love tap" to send him hurtling off into the scenery at the end there...
Love it...

Now to think how it's done... Looks like it leans from gravity, but returns to centre very solidly... Hmmm... Anyone know how it's been done..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:46 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Having had the bike for 2 days, I was wondering if it's normal for the rear wheel to keep spinning slowly in the air, at startup, with gyro spinning inside?
I m not sure if the first preprod bike I had several months ago did that... I *think* the rear wheel was not moving, even with gyro spinning, when the bike was stopped...
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Hoofddorp
Joined Nov 2008
22 Posts
Hi Steliosh,
Yes it is normal. Mine does it to.
At one time though it got worse and the rear wheel picked up speed through
the gyro's rotation. After dis assembling the rear wheel it was the small bearing that was
broke. Keep an eye out for that as they are very expensive.
I'm playing with the optional steering links right now....

Still looking for the right setup for rcp.
m3nd3s is offline Find More Posts by m3nd3s
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:06 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
thanks, m3nd3s!
I will have this in mind.

I definitely need a couple more batteries!
I had the bike today with me, at my LHS, www.fanatix.gr, where I wet primarily to discuss the TC setup with the Greek Champion, there, since we may have a damp or wet race on Sunday.
so, he saw the bike, wanted a drive... ended up running 3 consecutive charges!
And I couldnt pry the radio off his hands, when I had to leave!!!
Truth is he got the hang of the small bike on the shop floor, and during the first battery he started drifting on the brakes, on the throttle, you know someone who "has got it" when you see them! He also started asking about oil viscosities front and rear... I said, forget it, enjoy it as is! haha!
Despite a few bangs around in the shop, the bike is still brand new looking, no scratches at all!
I promised the champ a drive with the 1/5 SB-5 in SBK trim (he can handle a 5.5T motor easily, I think) as soon as I make it ready with a pistol grip (I race everything -except the mini-z bike- with sticks).

Back to the mini-z bike, then, I surely need to call Kyosho.gr to see if the got any spare batteries!!!
Life is good, despite the heavy and continuous rain, two days now...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Finally I have some anwers to the reoccuring question about batteries compatibility.
The parkflyer batteries have the same connector as the bike. The black plastic "collar" is too big for the bike slot, it needs to be removed. It's only heat-glued to the end of the battery to orient the connector against the slot-in fit in the parkfyers. Just carve it off gently and heat the glueblob that's left with a hairdryer to bend the connector gently to the side for extra room lengthwise. Remove the glue completely if you like (a little messy). There IS room for a longer battery (at least 5 mm)
I did try a 160mAh nanotech battery, holding the bike in hand, scince that size was too thick to go in the bike.
The gyro spun up like never before! The throttle respose was clearly hotter and top rev higher.
Clearly, nanotech is the way to go. Better capacity, better speed, at a fraction of the original part price.
If you take care and measure the exact dimensions of the compartment there's room for some serious performance improvement, watch out for the weight to one side though.
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:25 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Thanks, for sharing Z-dad! These are VERY interesting findings!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:27 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
just ordered the ducati ~ could not resist
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1650
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Anyone knows how to convert the transmitter for a southpaw, a lefthanded person.
My friend is an idiotic lefty, his right hand can only do the simplest tasks, like digging in the garden and give wobbly handshakes.
He is however, the owner of a moto racer.
I know there's no chance to move the wheel of the tranny but over the years my friend has developed a techniqe to drive pistol backwards if the radio doesn't support wheelswapping. Only thing needed is to reverse the steering channel. So, is there a way to reverse the steering somehow? We tried to resolder the pistol of a silverlit but didn't really complete the task so I'm not really comfortable to start digging in the more pricy Perfex.
Advice, anyone?
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:46 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_dad View Post
Finally I have some anwers to the reoccuring question about batteries compatibility.
The parkflyer batteries have the same connector as the bike. The black plastic "collar" is too big for the bike slot, it needs to be removed. It's only heat-glued to the end of the battery to orient the connector against the slot-in fit in the parkfyers. Just carve it off gently and heat the glueblob that's left with a hairdryer to bend the connector gently to the side for extra room lengthwise. Remove the glue completely if you like (a little messy). There IS room for a longer battery (at least 5 mm)
I did try a 160mAh nanotech battery, holding the bike in hand, scince that size was too thick to go in the bike.
The gyro spun up like never before! The throttle respose was clearly hotter and top rev higher.
Clearly, nanotech is the way to go. Better capacity, better speed, at a fraction of the original part price.
If you take care and measure the exact dimensions of the compartment there's room for some serious performance improvement, watch out for the weight to one side though.
Thanks for the info Z, Lots of batteries now!
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:50 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
I got my cells through today thanks Bruce given my bike a new lease of life ! just one other thing while I am here my bike has always suffered with wheel wobble head shake, anyone found a cure for this or is it just my bike?
Thanks
steve bisco is online now Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Dimensions of the original battery

I took out my calipers to measaure the original battery today.
You might as well all be informed of my findings, so you have clear numbers to relate to when searching for substitutes for the bikes.

The dimensions for parkflyer batteries often relate to the standardized slot-in collar mounted to the end of the cell, so the registered width and length are not necessary the true size of the cell(!) .

Original Length-30mm Height-5mm Width- 15mm

You're welcome.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:20 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Good morning and thanks, Dad!!!!
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:23 AM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
My pleasure, son.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:03 AM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_dad View Post
Great ! Do you have the exact reference/link to hobbyking ?

Is this the right one ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11893

MaX.
HornetMaX is offline Find More Posts by HornetMaX
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetMaX View Post
Great ! Do you have the exact reference/link to hobbyking ?

Is this the right one ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11893

MaX.
This is the one that didn't fit.
I'm about to order the 130mAh http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...zone_Etc_.html battery for testing. No idea if it fits, Data says 7mm thick and 39 long but I assume it's with the mounted collar.
Anyway, ordering is a few weeks in the future, it's on backorder too.
Last edited by z_dad; Dec 02, 2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added link