SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Exclusive...
It's exclusive alright... They have been made as a special order, directly from Kyosho Japan... And only available to anyone that wants one and pays the correct amount of money the sell them for...

I can't wait for them to reach the stores... Shouldn't be too hard to remove the #27 and stick a #1 on there...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
Well there are supposed to be two... the special edition one and the other one... I want the regular one since I'm going to actually use it and not just put it on the shelf
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:44 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,348 Posts
Wish they would just sell the body sets. But I remember the Mini Z F1 bodysets were hard to get in the states. Would expect the same for these.
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:19 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Sorry... I didn't realize there was a limited one... Whats the difference between the stock one..? Maybe it is already #1...

As for the body sets... I have already seen them available too... Only the Yamaha shape, and in both the red, and blue... And also unpainted white... And the rider too...
The belly pan/ lower cowl is the most expensive part I think... Not a very cheap excerise...
But still cool... I'll try to post the link...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:26 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
See if this works... http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=...ction=0&page=1
Last edited by Lukey B; Nov 23, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:30 AM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Wow ... not meaning to attack anybody but ... what are these prices !?

The parts cost as much as the ones for 1/5th bikes ...

MaX.
HornetMaX is offline Find More Posts by HornetMaX
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
Joined Sep 2011
34 Posts
Kyosho and expensive things goes hand in hand...
Foodie is offline Find More Posts by Foodie
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
Kyosho and expensive things goes hand in hand...
That's understood, but 31.99$ for this:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=547&page=1

That's not expensive, it's borderline robbery. I mean, it ain't no Gucci or Apple stuff

MaX.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:24 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah I agree... Prices are crazy ha..? But as we've seen on previous pages, there is alternatives...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:18 AM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I agree... Prices are crazy ha..? But as we've seen on previous pages, there is alternatives...
Not sure I understand: alternatives like what ?

MaX.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Mar 2007
29 Posts
if you really want something, you can not put a price on it.you got pay to play.lol
up on 1 is offline Find More Posts by up on 1
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetMaX View Post
Wow ... not meaning to attack anybody but ... what are these prices !?

The parts cost as much as the ones for 1/5th bikes ...

MaX.
Yeah Hornet, The prices are crazy! but what most of us don't understand is all the design, manufactuing and developments costs are pretty much the same for the little stuff as it is for the bigger stuff. If they would only sell the stuff to us by the pound like they do hamburger, life would be great!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:04 PM
Antibes (FR)
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Yeah Hornet, The prices are crazy! but what most of us don't understand is all the design, manufactuing and developments costs are pretty much the same for the little stuff as it is for the bigger stuff.
Well, I don't argue about the 200-250$ for the entire bike + tx, but the cost of some spares is simply ridiculous. I'm not that convinced that the plastic pilot has some significan design and manufacturing challenges.

Anyway, the bike is utterly cool (no matter the color), so it's gonna sell well. I'm just under the impression they do plan to rape you with the spares. I tried, but I can't feel extremely happy about that.

MaX.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:07 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Sorry... I didn't realize there was a limited one... Whats the difference between the stock one..? Maybe it is already #1....
The #26 Danny Pedrosa bike is the "regular" one... but nothing is different except the rider the bike is based on and the fact that the #27 bike will be produced in smaller numbers
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:48 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,341 Posts
I think this bike got its target: Not the seasoned "big scale" rc bikers, like us all, but the mini-z crowd, who are car-ONLY people. They DID GET interested!

And as anyone who knows their mini-z cars will admit, their parts are similarly expensive, almost to a 1/10 car level...
However, as I said, its a big step towards "converting" car guys into bikes: The bike is unbelievably easy to drive first time, and this can be done on ANY surface, no matter how slippery it is! In fact, if its slippery, it also does DRIFTING! Amazing? Indeed!!
Try that with your typical 1/5 or 1/8 bike?! If the place is not (almost) perfectly clear, you got a handful of a bike! On carpet you should get yourself those special foam tires, etc etc...

On another note, I was browsing the Hobbyking pages and noticed there are some batteries 1s/20~45C small capacities 120, 130, 160mah, which are supposed for the small airplanes. Has anyone tried if these batteries fit the bike? It seems to me they have a very similar plug... (from the pics of the site... Ive never touched one yet!)
Their cost is ridiculous: From $0.90 to $2.00!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh