HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:28 PM
Barboursville, VA
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Does anyone think we will have enough people getting one of these Mini-z bikes to get a bit of competition going on??? I'm up to buy one just for that.
A few good reasons:
1) Tracks can be smaller therefore easier to find places to race
2) Simplified bikes that make the "Driver" the talent to win, not motor/esc/bike choice to dominate.
3) Mini-z bikes easy to set up and durable.
4) More good reason's to group up with other rc bikers!
That's what we plan on doing at our track once we all get one. Unlike a car the motorcycle is fun to drive alone but close, competitive racing is always where the excitement is. We already proved it can be driven in someones basement on a very fun track that's only 12ft wide by 35ft long.
Fajita Dave is offline Find More Posts by Fajita Dave
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:48 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,497 Posts
I see these bikes on a bigger than mini-z track though. Although a big mini-z track works well it seems! So that's great.
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:40 PM
Barboursville, VA
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
I see these bikes on a bigger than mini-z track though. Although a big mini-z track works well it seems! So that's great.
Our track might be a little tough to compete on at first but we'll just have to find out. It takes up way less space than the Xray M18s that we're using now so I can't imagine it being to difficult. The track is 22in wide on the infield and 28in wide around the outside. I don't think space is the issue as much as how slow it is to change direction (like every motorcycle when compared to a car). It might be hard to adjust to other riders quickly enough but... its the same for everyone.

I just love the fact that they happened to make it 1/18 scale! Its the exact same scale proportionally to the 1/18 cars we're racing and to our 1/18 scale lane width. For example is should work out about the same as Formula 1 cars around Silverstone compared to a MotoGP bike around Silverstone! However, in our case it would be more like Monaco.
Last edited by Fajita Dave; Jul 07, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:44 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
Our track might be a little tough to compete on at first but we'll just have to find out. It takes up way less space than the Xray M18s that we're using now so I can't imagine it being to difficult. The track is 22in wide on the infield and 28in wide around the outside. I don't think space is the issue as much as how slow it is to change direction (like every motorcycle when compared to a car). It might be hard to adjust to other riders quickly enough but... its the same for everyone.
I feel a too "technical" course just slows so much down. A good mix of a nice blasting straightaway and "some" technical in the middle is the ideal scenario for RC bikes. Constant turning makes for too slow action in my opinion.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:24 PM
Barboursville, VA
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
I agree, we've always wanted to have more space to race in even with the cars. The lane width is ok but wider radius turns mixed in with the tight ones would be much more fun. The action being to slow is boring when you're driving alone but it gets thrown out the window when you have people you're racing wheel to wheel with. Racing very close is much easier at more reasonable speeds. Usually when you get close to other racers in high speed sections it almost always ends up in a wreck.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:25 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
I agree, we've always wanted to have more space to race in even with the cars. The lane width is ok but wider radius turns mixed in with the tight ones would be much more fun. The action being to slow is boring when you're driving alone but it gets thrown out the window when you have people you're racing wheel to wheel with. Racing very close is much easier at more reasonable speeds. Usually when you get close to other racers in high speed sections it almost always ends up in a wreck.

YEP. You seem right on the money.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:16 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
I bought a Maisto Rossi Ducati today and when I took it apart, the fairing is plastic (like everyone has been saying), but the seat/tail is plastic as well... and only the tank is metal.... I think when I DO get the Kyosho motorcycle, the conversion should be pretty straightforward... I just wish the tank was plastic as well
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:15 AM
Barboursville, VA
Joined Dec 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer View Post
Here is a Spanish motorcycle!
Where did you get the Rizzla Suzuki decals from? My wife loved that bike and I have a feeling I'll have to paint mine in that livery when I get a Mini-Z Moto .
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:54 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
I see from the kyosho usa site, that the BLUE one is avaialble for sale, but havent seen the red one sold, other than ebay(which makes me wonder if its same)

Anyone know if the RED is also released yet? (prefer the color red)

And IF ANYONE opens a track here in Toronto, I am getting one of these to race!

Just Fly is offline Find More Posts by Just Fly
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:14 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Guys anyone know where we can get cells over here in the UK for these bikes?
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Fly View Post
I see from the kyosho usa site, that the BLUE one is avaialble for sale, but havent seen the red one sold, other than ebay(which makes me wonder if its same)

Anyone know if the RED is also released yet? (prefer the color red)

And IF ANYONE opens a track here in Toronto, I am getting one of these to race!

The Yamaha anniversary addition is supposed to be red and white. I have it on order but it has not been released in the US yet. Should be here real soon.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
The Yamaha anniversary addition is supposed to be red and white. I have it on order but it has not been released in the US yet. Should be here real soon.

Bruce
What about the Ducati?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
What about the Ducati?
It is also on order. Should be in about the same time.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Cool cool... It will be great I they release a bunch of different liveries all at once
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:00 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post

Bruce
Thanks mate for the info!

Planning to get the red one once out in US or Canada?

Anyone have a GOOD SOLID and well priced EBAY VENDOR in u.s they trust and have ordered from? (as ebay has them priced lower than LHS here)

?

cheers
Just Fly is offline Find More Posts by Just Fly