to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 04:08 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
i know at TT we had to use some jedi mind tricks just to make the SB-5 happen. i've had that design concept since 2004 but didn't get the green light for the project till 2008.

wow... I didn't know that... well a little wishful thinking never hurt anyone
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old May 26, 2011, 11:30 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
One step closer to micro rc motocross! hehe
now that would be
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Last edited by deen247; May 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: miss spelt
Old May 26, 2011, 12:20 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,343 Posts
Then again... Torrance did it once with TT... so, now that he's at HPI, we could expect something.... say... around 2015-16...
<------- Hoping!!!
And waiting!!!

I can imagine... an HPI 1/5 bike powered by the Flux system of the E-Firestorm and Sprint2, RTR or kit, with good shocks and an even nicer design overall!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Last edited by steliosh; May 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: more thoughts...
Old May 26, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Then again... Torrance did it once with TT... so, now that he's at HPI, we could expect something.... say... around 2015-16...
<------- Hoping!!!
And waiting!!!

I can imagine... an HPI 1/5 bike powered by the Flux system of the E-Firestorm and Sprint2, RTR or kit, with good shocks and an even nicer design overall!
2015-16? hopefully we don't have to wait that long. i'm constantly thinking of ways to make it happen. i already have the next generation design. i just need the permission to make it. (or some money to make it myself).
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:37 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain View Post
It was at Nuremberg Kyosho stand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2oD...layer_embedded
1/18 or 1/16 ?
It seem very easy
It's soon Christmas, nothing new about it ?
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
My bike was in Mr Tamiya's hands at the Tamiyacon in Aliso Viejo. He and his top level guys who walk around and judge the show saw the bike. I displayed it clear as day that it IS RC with the Tamiya transmitter sitting next to it.
If it doesn't strike a nerve, send a message, type a memo, write a post it and stick it to your forehead by doing that then they are a lost cause.

If nothing else I got to drive it on the Tamiya track that day, hey its a Tamiya based product they couldnt say no!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:06 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
OK here is a separate question;

Hypothetically speaking if you could have a 12th scale bike what price would you pay for one? We are talking state of the art RTR 2.4/LiPo/brushless and the bike has soft tires and suspension and its realistic looking.

Whats that realistically worth to you? $200-$300?

A MiniZ RTR will be around $175-$200 and its simple. A bike like the one in the video with a gyro is not going to be cheap.

Answer honestly!

BTW anything smaller than 1/12 would be a problem on anything rougher than a tennis court. The 1/12 bike can handle asphalt parking lots and drive way type surfaces just fine.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:39 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
252 Posts
I have bought the 1/8 Oto T258, now ZH for 400 $:
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=905
because I find this bike is beautiful and made with good quality.
I have tried Bastelpeters 1/12 bike
BP12indoor.wmv (2 min 21 sec)

http://rc-motorradforum.de/forum/php...r=asc&start=45
and I find 169 euros for the brushed version is a good price.
Yes for a micro-size as 1/18 or smaller, 300 $ would be too expensive
Because that's not available I'm working to adapt a good radio on a toy 1/18 bike, who have a gyro; I will maybe run on a table , but ... alone
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:06 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
663 Posts
I own one of Bastelpeters BP12 Bikes, and I think it's definitely worth ~170 Euro (or 200$..).

But I also think this is the limit that most guys who are into RC-Bikes are willing to pay for a small bike. And if you are talking about those that are currently NOT into RC-Bikes, I think it already is too much..

I mean how many Silverlit Ducatis have been sold, and how many guys showed up in the forums or at races that started with them?? And that one was cheap, considering that it's a bike.
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:38 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Is that the bike hanging on gregor stand at the worlds?
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:05 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
663 Posts
Yes, it is.
12th Scale Bike with foam tires
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Nov 24, 2011, 07:45 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
If it was a decent 2.4ghz with epa brushless & adjustable suspension & rtr with lipo & charger i think $250 would be a good price, i added up what it cost me to change my first silverlit to brushless & 2.4ghz it cost $235Aud that's including the cost of the bike & that was doing it as cheap as i could & the 2.4ghz TX had no EPA & the bike has stock suspension, where my other brushless silverlit with the custom chassis with twin adjustable rear shocks i got the chassis & shocks of my mate on here Ado & comparing the 2 bikes is like night & day being able to adjust the rear shocks to soft with a slow rebound makes the bike handle bumps that will throw the stock suspension bike into a tank slap & crash, it shows me adjustable suspension is a must on these little bikes for outdoor 1/10 tracks like i run mine on.
I think a kit that has everything you need but you have to build the bike would also be good, i think you get more for your money when you have to build them as well I.M.O

Cheers.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:45 PM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
821 Posts
I would pay 200$ for a quality 1/18th bike for sure. doesn't even have to be RTR. I think with motor and speed control and the bike kit for 200$ would be very reasonable. But its gotta be good.
forsakenrider is offline Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:00 AM
rkk
Joined Feb 2006
55 Posts
Another thing to remember is just because it is smaller doesn't always mean it can be run in less space. Look at the mini-z and the dnano. Nearly the same size track. even thoug the dnano is much smaller it is fast enought that you still need the room to open it up and still have some reaction time. I love the idea of a 1:12 or 1:18 bike but you would probably have to run on an indoor 1:12 pan car carpet track.

Just my .02
rkk is offline Find More Posts by rkk