169 Posts
Very nice! is it avilable
HECTOR2369 is offline Find More Posts by HECTOR2369
Old May 24, 2011, 06:56 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
I like the hand and hearing no no no no.
It seems top secret.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old May 24, 2011, 07:25 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,656 Posts
I can't find anymore info.....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old May 24, 2011, 07:25 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
I like the hand and hearing no no no no.
It seems top secret.

That IS funny....
Old May 24, 2011, 08:46 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Looks cool... I want one... And I want one now Daddy...

Recon I can get a screw driver and scratch off what looks like the Fiat Yamaha colours... And maybe convert it to a Repsol Honda...

Being a Kyosho bike though, I imagine there will be a few models to choose from when they become available... I hope so anyway...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old May 24, 2011, 08:48 PM
Who needs 4 wheels..
Australia, VIC, Menzies Creek
Joined Aug 2009
771 Posts
I am with you on this one Luke, I want one now..!
Roofas is offline Find More Posts by Roofas
Old May 24, 2011, 09:52 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
401 Posts
with all this intrest and needing them now thay may just dubble in prise lol
choook is offline Find More Posts by choook
Old May 25, 2011, 06:24 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
its about time kyosho got back into bikes i loved the h.o.r
as did so many other people just wish they would make a new generation 1/8th or 1/5th
come on kyosho gives what we want
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,656 Posts
true... I can't believe they've been making that bike (the HOR) in it's current form for more than 20 years... all they need to do is update the bodywork.. (for the most part)

I'm really surprised that Tamiya, as a long-time competitor to Kyosho in a lot of ways, hasn't come out with a 1/12-scale RC bike... they have the licensing for almost ALL of the bikes out there, they already have the molds for the bodywork from their model line, they could release a generic chassis, and then give body options from its model line like Kyosho did with its Mini-Z cars

Chris Nicastro proved that a direct-steering, 1/12-scale RC bike made from a Tamoya model could be done.. and that was way before Lipos and Micro electronics
Old May 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
true... I can't believe they've been making that bike (the HOR) in it's current form for more than 20 years... all they need to do is update the bodywork.. (for the most part)

I'm really surprised that Tamiya, as a long-time competitor to Kyosho in a lot of ways, hasn't come out with a 1/12-scale RC bike... they have the licensing for almost ALL of the bikes out there, they already have the molds for the bodywork from their model line, they could release a generic chassis, and then give body options from its model line like Kyosho did with its Mini-Z cars

Chris Nicastro proved that a direct-steering, 1/12-scale RC bike made from a Tamoya model could be done.. and that was way before Lipos and Micro electronics
it's not a question of whether it can or can't be done. it all comes down to whether the product decision maker is a 'biker' or not. if the guy calling the shots is a non-biker then chances are it aint gonna happen.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old May 25, 2011, 12:46 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
it's not a question of whether it can or can't be done. it all comes down to whether the product decision maker is a 'biker' or not. if the guy calling the shots is a non-biker then chances are it aint gonna happen.
Meh...

I understand

but even the bean-counters should have seen what Kyosho has done (producing the same bike for 20+ years and it STILL sells)... and I'm sure the big T makes a killing off the 1/12 scale models... having the ability to paint and model bodywork and details... and then DRIVE it, should have appealed to both modelers and RC guys alike... my guess is there is a biker SOMEwhere in the decision-making process or else they wouldn't put out new model bikes every year and pay for THAT kind of licensing...

even if they developed a basic, upgradeable chassis that they could sell separately that would fit most of the body styles, I think that would have been cool

I would REALLY like to have something that could race on a decent sized indoor RCP track setup... I guess that is what Kyosho is doing with that micro gyro bike... it can be slowed down enough to run on one of those tracks
Old May 25, 2011, 01:11 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
but even the bean-counters should have seen what Kyosho has done (producing the same bike for 20+ years and it STILL sells)
you don't want bean counters anywhere near bike sales numbers. because when they see the comparison of how much bike sales they have versus car sales they're gonna axe all the bikes. why do you think kyosho STILL sells the same old 90's era gp bikes? i'm guessing they can't even justify the cost of making a new body tool to fit over the old frame.

i know at TT we had to use some jedi mind tricks just to make the SB-5 happen. i've had that design concept since 2004 but didn't get the green light for the project till 2008.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance