HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
I purchased this sim over a year a go. The sim is very good but is also very boring has they have very limited models. I live in the USA where they have a massive potential market for this SIM. However, The vast majority of RC flyers who fly scale would find this sim very lacking in its model selections. If you look at the adds It kind of reminds me of Sat TV... We have 500 channels. However, when you purchase it you really only have maybe 50 decent ones cause the others are all sales garbage etc. I find it the same with this sim... Yes, they have lots of aerobatic and 3D aircraft, Heli and so on. But only a handful of decent warbirds. The German ones are very nice but the American fighters are lacking. The P51 is a joke! Why the hell would I want to fly a full scale P51 in an RC simulator?? Same with the Tiger Moth and so on.

This Sim would be awesome if they even had a Cessna 182! Maybe T28, P47, P51 SU35 or 27 EF2000 just to name a few. I've been flying scale and instructing for thirty years and have not found one model that myself or any of the guys have at the local field. It is a pity that I have such a large investment in this because I would certainly switch to one of the lesser quality sims just to have a few decent planes to fly that are familiar.

Now please don't take this all has a negative attitude it is just one view point due to frustration on spending big bucks and not getting what I expected. regards the technology it is very very good. I have a large SU35 twin EDF with TV's etc. I had a show performance to do a few weeks ago. So I used the Mig29 to test out new routines to try with my Flanker. I was able to go from the Sim to the show and fly the exact routines with quite similar results. So thumbs up for that at least. If anyone knows of any decent models lets post them...

I would be willing to pay a third party model developer a few bucks for models. I wonder if someone who builds models could setup a website and sell the to the Aerofly customer base? Unfortunately this would probably not work due to pirating etc.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Last edited by acesimmer; Oct 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:21 PM
How did I wind back up here ?
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
acesimmer ,,,,

I feel your pain about the limited plane line up. When I bought it, I was expecting to find a couple of pages of just planes..... ,,,, It is a great Sim though. and works great in multiplayer mode. Which I've found the P51 is kinda fun trying to fly formation with someone else that has no idea your trying to fly next to them ....
My wish would be for some planes from Precision Aerobatics. And a forum for USA people that like the multiplayer format so you can set up a time to fly with english speaking pilots. Most of the time its germans that I have no idea what their saying.
And they do some tricks that I wish I could talk to them and ask how to do what their doing.

And for the guy that was asking about the slope soaring site on the ocean, Its Torrey Pines , san diago, CA. Had bout 8 of us flying that this weekend.
pmccook1 is offline Find More Posts by pmccook1
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccook1 View Post
acesimmer ,,,,
My wish would be for some planes from Precision Aerobatics.
There's on PA extra 260 here http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread...2-PA-Extra-260

And I feel the same when it comes to new models.................hardly anything new for this great sim.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:49 PM
mmerry2 on Youtube
United States, MD
Joined Nov 2010
86 Posts
Can't download models from the AeroFly5 forums.

I am a new AeroFly user and I'm unable to download any models from their forum at http://www.ipacs.de/forum/.

I am getting this error message when clicking on a file (e.g. http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/6152-WiiCopter):
mikem, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I can't post anything to the forum to even ask for help. I tried emailing the user webmaster@ipacs.de, who sent me the new account email, but I got a message saying "webmaster@ipacs.de mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded".

PLEASE HELP! I tried contacting the Ikarus support at http://www.ikarus.net/index.php/en/s...t-contact.html, but don't get any response. Is this company still in business? Does anyone have any suggestions?
mike_m2 is online now Find More Posts by mike_m2
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:34 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,095 Posts
Mike, I know what you feel.

Aerofly 5.7 is a great simulator, but the manufacturer's website isn't as good. It takes ages to reply just to confirm your login registration which without having it you cannot have access to their download of new models area. You may also expect to have troubles making it to recognize you from time to time.

Anyway, I'm still flying this sim on a daily basis after one year and I'm very confident saying that after trying other sims, Aerofly 5.7 is what I consider to be the best simulator available today, and it can be improved even further though!

Please feel free to PM me or post your questions here if you need any assistance using the sim
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:21 PM
Tailwinds
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Any free downloadable Aerofly 5 Mac planes available that anyone knows of?
Oboingo1 is offline Find More Posts by Oboingo1
Last edited by Oboingo1; Mar 01, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:20 AM
bclong211
USA, SC, Columbia
Joined Jan 2007
71 Posts
Sorry to barge in but I was looking for some input from users of this sim. I am mainly running all Mac computers now and ran across this sim in the Mac version. How does it compare to pheonix? Do you have to sun a disc while using it, and do you have to use the tx that comes with it or can you use your own? I know I can use boot amp or vm fusion to run the pheonix on my Mac but I am not a big fan of that method. Any info would be great! Brian
bclong211 is offline Find More Posts by bclong211
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Devo 8 for sale.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:34 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Brian. I run mine on a Imac with huge screen. Pheonix does not come close to the quality of this. My OS is Lion. I use my Aurora A9 TX with it. Using your own TX will require an adapter for a couple of bucks more. This sim is photo realistic with high refresh rates so super smooth.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:45 AM
bclong211
USA, SC, Columbia
Joined Jan 2007
71 Posts
Thanks for the info! I' lll be putting it on my air and imac. I also have the largest screen imac and I am glad to hear it runs so smoothly for you. I am on snow leopard with the imac and the newest mountain lion with the air.
Does it run from the hd or does the disc have to be in? What type of adapter will I need? My tx uses the jr style headphone jack dsc plug.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
It runs from the HD once installed. Then updates are online which it auto hunts for. I cannot remember what adapter I purchased but it is shown on the web site for different radios. I did use on Tiger then Lion but not tried Mountain Lion. I think the site was Ikarus.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:14 AM
bclong211
USA, SC, Columbia
Joined Jan 2007
71 Posts
Cool. Thanks man. About to pop on one!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:21 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
465 Posts
I just bought an AF5 Mac/interface copy myself, with an adapter for my DX7s. Looking forward to it, but a little concerned about how well it will run on my "Early 2009" 24-inch iMac. It meets the specs, but *just*... nVidia 9400 w/256MB.

I'm guessing/hoping, with reasonably "medium" graphic settings, it'll do well.

Anyone out there with a similar vintage Mac? How is this sim performing for you, and what settings were necessary?
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:17 PM
Chesapeake, Va
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
I recently bought Aerofly 5.7 and loaded it up on my new iMac 27" with two gigs of video memory. This simulator is absolutely awesome. I had no idea however that there was very little model support on their website. I had the older Realflight and Aerofly blows it away but realflight has tons and tons of models on their website.

Maybe someone should sponsor a USA website that folks can design and upload models there. May be some of us that do not have a clue about creating a model could learn something. We probably have to support this ourselves though.
RotorHeadH53 is offline Find More Posts by RotorHeadH53
Old Aug 03, 2013, 02:38 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Puzom how you finding Aerofly5.7 in relation to RF6.5 ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Aug 03, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Yeah the lack of none European models sucks. The ones with it are really nice but wish they had some like a Eurofighter, SU27, T-28 and other warbirds.