SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovpilot26 View Post
Ummmm... From what I hear thru the grapevine... It will be a flybarless heli... sooo that means a 3 axis gyro...

Just sayin
Yup ..
invert is offline Find More Posts by invert
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:02 AM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbastos View Post
thanks for the heads up jenn! if that's the case, let's hope the 550 doesn't get shipped with the same gyro.
Yup, not everyone had luck with that GT9 but thats not to say even if its included free in the 550 kits...you have to use it.

I am believing that like most of the Chaos line up to date, it'll be offered in the FB and FBL version.

The Chaos 550 is for sure the most anticipated new heli to be released from RCA other than their recent 700, so hang tight everyone...it'll be here before you know it.
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:31 AM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
It's finally almost here!!!

Ok guys, here is a couple teasers to fill your Chaos fix. It's been just alittle over a month ago when I last reported that the 550 is on its way, well...the wait is about to be over. You can find more info. at: http://chaoscrewlounge.proboards.com...soon&thread=48

The canopy shown in the photo will not be the final design. Also shown is their all new FBL head design along with an exclusive new 3 axis gyro.
Last edited by Dr. Evil; Nov 10, 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:42 AM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Also shown is their all new FBL head design
Looks exactly the same as the Tracx head from Nankin.

http://www.nankinhobby.com/Helicopte...prod_6019.html

CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:19 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Looks exactly the same as the Tracx head from Nankin.
Yeah, basically it's the Compass FBL head which Tracx cloned as well. Nonetheless, a very cool looking design. I like the fact that they eliminated the mixing arms, its much cleaner looking for sure.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 02:48 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Yeah, basically it's the Compass FBL head which Tracx cloned as well. Nonetheless, a very cool looking design. I like the fact that they eliminated the mixing arms, its much cleaner looking for sure.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were all made in the same place.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:43 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they were all made in the same place.
Yep
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:43 AM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
The count down has started...shouldn't be much longer. I know its worth the wait!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:00 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
As in maybe before Xmas? I had intended on buying either a 550 FBL or Fusion 50 FBL at the first of the year.The 550 cause of the cheaper packs and easier size to drag around,or the F50 for the crazy low parts prices.And have been watching and waiting for the Chaos 550,but have pretty much given up on it.
Is there any well-founded speculation as far as what the price might be?
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:33 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
As in maybe before Xmas? I had intended on buying either a 550 FBL or Fusion 50 FBL at the first of the year.The 550 cause of the cheaper packs and easier size to drag around,or the F50 for the crazy low parts prices.And have been watching and waiting for the Chaos 550,but have pretty much given up on it.
Is there any well-founded speculation as far as what the price might be?
I think its worth the wait but I realize it may become a personal decision as in how long one can wait but in my case, I have plenty of other birds to play with so it isn't so bad. As of the 10th of Nov., it was said to be available anywhere in 3-4 weeks give or take. The latest news on it as far as I know is that the first shippment has arrived with a limited amount available but a few parts was not correct in the kits. That said, these replacement parts are on their way now and once they reach RCA...the kits will be available ASAP. As for a price, someone over at the Chaos lounge has received an email from RCA stating that it will be around in the mid $200s. I am speculating that it'll be in the mid to higher $200s. I do know that a combo kit will be available as well, so there will be lots of options for sure. You can visit the lounge for the most updated info. on it or stay tune on this thread and as soon as new info. is available, I will post it here but remember if you want to be one of the first to purchase one of these kits you'll need to be registered over at the Chaos lounge. Good luck in what ever you decide.
Last edited by Dr. Evil; Dec 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:16 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Thanks Doc,I am gonna hold out for it.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:55 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
Thanks Doc,I am gonna hold out for it.
Your welcome!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 01:15 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Can i pre order?
Daniel880516 is offline Find More Posts by Daniel880516
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:30 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel880516 View Post
Can i pre order?
Sorry, took so long to reply...just saw this post.

2 things you can do to ensure you will have one before anyone else....

1. Put yourself on the waiting list with RCA..so yes you can.

2. Even better is to register over at the Chaos Lounge b/c only registered memebers at the lounge will have priority to purchase one before anyone else when its released. Look at it as a pre-sale for the memebers, an email will be sent out to all the memebers when its here.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2011
282 Posts
I spoke to cliff about two weeks ago and even he was a Lil uncertain of the release date. man o man, A 3 month wait was all I could take. I broke down and bought the new align 550 v2. Very cool new fb head they have out. I'll give rcareodyne this, They have some spectacular scale fuselages at a very nice price. Ya just cant beat an md500 for a 600 heli for only $190 and free shipping on that
Gemini-550 is offline Find More Posts by Gemini-550
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)