HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2011, 07:05 PM
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined May 2011
104 Posts
Discussion
Avroto 2814 vs. Avroto 2814 short shaft

Has anyone used the short shaft version? I contacted Monto yesterday to be notified when they arrive as the web site had a May 23-25 estimated delivery time and now today there is a price increase and an end of June estimated date.

I guess my question is if there is any disadvantage of just going with the standard shaft?

I am also looking at the Hyperion ZS-2213-22 but I have a concern about the 3mm shaft.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Florida Mike is offline Find More Posts by Florida Mike
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2011, 07:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
647 Posts
Avroto

For a frame with 1 motor per arm there should be no problem. Where I see a problem would be with frames using 2 motors per arm and having the shafts get in the way.

Regards,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mike View Post
Has anyone used the short shaft version? I contacted Monto yesterday to be notified when they arrive as the web site had a May 23-25 estimated delivery time and now today there is a price increase and an end of June estimated date.

I guess my question is if there is any disadvantage of just going with the standard shaft?

I am also looking at the Hyperion ZS-2213-22 but I have a concern about the 3mm shaft.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old May 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,047 Posts
When I talked to Monto the only difference is of-course the shorter shaft so it doesn't stick out the bottom the motor and 600mm wire length so you can run the motor wire to the center of the frame and hide your ESCs.

Since these will be for my flat hexa they will work great as is. I have a y6 I want these on as well and tempted to wait until the end of june.

From what I've seen you can cut the shafts your self. Best done on a lathe but can be done with a dremel just need to keep the shaft cool.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2011, 06:17 PM
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined May 2011
104 Posts
I guess I will just order one each of the Avroto and Hyperion and do some comparisons and testing. That will at least give me something to do while all of the other components sit here.
Florida Mike is offline Find More Posts by Florida Mike