HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2011, 02:17 AM
There was a crease in the plan
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Discussion
Salzburg EDF Event 16/17 July

Hi Chaps

Martin Höller has been kind enough to forward details of this small but prestigious event in Salzburg in Austria. The event is only held every other year, but what an event!

Its a two day event and last time I whent the first day was washed out by rain, but the quality of the models and the event itself was so incredible an experiance, just that one day made it worth the whole trip

So, any interest in forming a UK convoy from the Channel tunnel or ferry? I will be driving from North Essex with room for one more person plus models and bags in my car if there are any takers on a share?

Salzburg is on 16/17th July.

You can also contact organiser Jürgen Gollnow

office@fantastic-jets.com

http://www.mfc-salzburg.at/

I am not aware if the event is pre-registration, I have sent a mail to Jürgen for further info, although as far as I am aware its along the lines of an informal get together.
Steve Haynes is offline Find More Posts by Steve Haynes
Last edited by Steve Haynes; May 24, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2011, 04:45 AM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
448 Posts
Hi Steve,

sorry, wrong date,
it´s held on 16./17. July you can also check it on the website.

Best regards
Reinhard
Liebrein is offline Find More Posts by Liebrein
Old May 23, 2011, 06:05 AM
Deutschland, BW, Friedrichshafen
Joined Dec 2001
867 Posts
Oh yes Reini, sorry Steve, the week before (9-10.July) is Hamburg EDF Meeting! 16-17. July is Salzburg. Sorry for the wrong info!

I will be on both

regards Martin
MaHö is offline Find More Posts by MaHö
Old May 23, 2011, 07:42 AM
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
I have asked the mod's to change the date in the thread title.
Old May 24, 2011, 05:34 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Thank you mods, date changed.
Old May 24, 2011, 05:47 PM
EDF addict
Friedrichshafen, Germany
Joined Jan 2005
260 Posts
To give you guys a little idea what happened 2 years ago

D.H. Venom - Elektro-Impeller Jet Meeting Salzburg (5 min 33 sec)

MiG 15 - Elektro-Impeller Jet Meeting Salzburg (4 min 44 sec)

L29 Delfin - EDF Jet Meeting Salzburg (8 min 58 sec)

Those are only a couple of highlights.

And of course Jürgen aka J.G. will most likely fly his big F-20 again
-PaX- is online now Find More Posts by -PaX-
Old May 25, 2011, 02:35 AM
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Ahhh... Bliss. What a great event. Rumour has it that JG will be there with a DS77 Tazor also, been keeping an eye on the German forums but I have not seen any recent news.

But to be honest, so much neat stuff there that's hardly a consideration for me for the trip. The German approach to EDF is quite different to the USA, to the most part, enough power is just right.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:44 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Sint-Katelijne-Waver
Joined Apr 2003
323 Posts
Hi Steve

I'm also planning to drive. Overnight Friday in Munich, then Saturday and the Sunday at the event. Where do people stay in Salzburg?

Spark and ViperJet (and the F86 if it gets finished in time...)

Gregg
mungrelv8ute is offline Find More Posts by mungrelv8ute
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungrelv8ute View Post
Hi Steve

I'm also planning to drive. Overnight Friday in Munich, then Saturday and the Sunday at the event. Where do people stay in Salzburg?

Spark and ViperJet (and the F86 if it gets finished in time...)

Gregg
Martin, Erik and I are stopping here.

http://www.alpenblick-hotel.at/preise.htm

Its only 35 Euros a night!

I am driving down on Thursday so I can chill Friday before the event.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:29 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Salzburg EDF action

Great event, good weather, fantastic models and really well run. A few mentioned that there were so many models there that the 'Only one at a time' rule gould have been relaxed a little, it was a few times.

For myself, really enjoyed Sazburg town, me being a bit of a culture vulture and all, but I got so miffed at not being able to bring the Tazor it sort of spoiled the event for me. My usual enthusiasem for taking pictures waned a bit in the heat and I decided to come home a day early.

Not picked up many names and details and I know you lot only want to see video anyway, but I hope you enjoy what I have posted.

Rainer Holzmanns new multiblade fan will shock a few, Rico threw it around in his Eliminator and it impressed the socks off of me

I was sworn to secrecy about the whole thing, but I dont know anything about it anyway, apart from it sounds really good, goes like stink and Rainer was selling them out of a big box at the equievilent $120.00 a pop.

Cant see he would have any left.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:39 PM
Surrey England
Joined Apr 2006
296 Posts
Steve

Thanks for posting.

Looks like a great event with some nice models. The multi blade looks interesting how did it sound compared to the stumax?

What happened to your Tazor ?

Mark
markbrown1 is offline Find More Posts by markbrown1
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown1 View Post
Steve

Thanks for posting.

Looks like a great event with some nice models. The multi blade looks interesting how did it sound compared to the stumax?

Mark
Rainer spent for ever getting the right WOOOOSHHHH, he even had a couple of prototypes that had staggered stators.

Hate to say this but it delivers real bang for buck so bad news for Stu and Daniel Schubeler was putting a brave face on things.

You will have to wait until they post some more stuff on their e-jets site, I did take some video with my little camera, but unfortunatly its too poor in quality to post.

There were over 80 models at the event and this was Saturday, heaven knows what Sunday was like because that was the big day.

Missed seeing Ralf....

Ran into a time block with the Tazor. made a set of ducts and was only 80% happy with them. Thought I would press on and finish the rest of the model and make a new set if I had time. I did and got the epoxy mix wrong as they did not set. You get to the point when you are putting yourself under pressure and it stops being fun. I reached that point last Tuesday night. What with having to dress up in all the biohazard gear just to do a bit of epoxy layup? Just had enough and shut the door on the whole thing.
Last edited by Steve Haynes; Jul 18, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
It was a great event!!
Finally I was able to meet a lot of "avatars" and MF in person. I really had a great time and hats off to the Salzburger model club members and organiser Jörgen (fantastic-jets.com) who spend so much effort making this the best utilized clubfield I have ever been!

It was worth the drive!

Pics+vids Post77+
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...Salzburg/page6

The new 90mm edf fan from Rainer (ejets.at) is a winner for sure. The demo flights were very impressive. For this moment it is hard to guestimate if this fan equals the efficiency of the other top brands, but I was very impressed by the lack of noise and it's performance at very high power levels displayed at the demo flights. Because I haven't heard my own sm110-52 fan yet (only on vdo footage and I assume many have the same experience as I have) I should not make a comparitive comment and start a vs debate.

What I do like to comment to the noise level is that the intake design is becoming the audio factor of the edf jet. There was a clearly noticeable difference in sound level by bifurcated intakes and single intake to give you an idea what to expect of this fan. I was shocked by the single intake of the Schreiner F86

The only detail I'd like to note is that the load of the fan is slightly higher as the Midifan and if the setups used in in the midi is in safe margins, so will it will be in this fan according Rainer's comment.

Rainer and his team deserve a good start. I am looking forward to his new website which will be opened within a few weeks.

Hey John,
Have you seen that index finger lenght little kitty under the cars at the hotel? I was so close to steal that little one from Austria but the 10hr drive made me hesitate to take her with me She kept following me

I'll be back at Salzburg 2013!!
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown1 View Post
Steve

Thanks for posting.

Mark
Hehe, you are lucky. On the german forum a link was just posted with vdo footage of the new 90mm fan:
post 312: 1st vdo Vasa90, 2nd vdo ejets 90mm. Note this is in close range!
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...ara-CMP/page21
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,046 Posts
ill have a fan from rainer for testing in a week or so....truly a work of art!

looked like a awsome event...we need video!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut