SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Sold
FMS/Airfield P-51 Mustang V6 - Newest Version w/ tail retract, nav lights, more: BNF

This is a very gently used P-51 from the Airfield line (Also known as FMS models). It runs on 6 channels for ailerons, elevator, retractable landing gear, throttle, rudder/tail wheel steering, and the navigation lights. Constructed of crash-resistant high-density EPO foam so it will not show damage and can be rebuilt in the event of a mishap. The plane has about a 55-60 inch wingspan but is relatively light due to the EPO foam construction - Augmented by carbon spars, of course!

This latest version is a tough find particularly in BNF form and it is without peer in its warbird category. This one features a new pilot, raked landing gear to prevent nose-overs, a 4-blade prop, electric retractable landing gear, which now includes a retractable tail wheel and gear doors, red/green nav lights on the wingtips, and much more. The flaps are pre-done but there is no servo there right now. To be honest it will never need flaps and they'd be for looks only. I can walk alongside this thing for landings - It is amazing how slow you can go without a hint of tip stall or dropping a wing. The electric retractable landing gear is completely servoless and each leg has it's own motor - Totally bulletproof and extremely durable.

I have had no complaints on this plane and the only reason I'm selling it is because it is totally trouble free and big, so I'm almost bored with it! I prefer my B-25 in that big, trouble free warbird category; I'd like to see this one go to a loving home! It has been flown several times but aside from some minor prop chipping it looks and performs like brand new.

Additionally, a Spektrum DSM2 AR6100 series receiver is included with the sale ($40 value). Just supply your own transmitter and a 4-cell battery.

I can answer any questions about it and I'll entertain offers, as always. I'm asking $180.

FOR LOCAL PICKUP IN NORTHEAST SAN ANTONIO OR RENDEZVOUS WITHIN 50 MILES - NO CHANCE OF SHIPPING.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2011, 12:11 AM
USA, CA, Livermore
Joined May 2010
438 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
darn. if only i lived....
RCSwitz18 is offline Find More Posts by RCSwitz18
Old May 22, 2011, 12:21 AM
West Michigan
Joined Feb 2010
144 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
This is a great looking plane. Did you glue on the exhaust stacks upside down?
h2oman is offline Find More Posts by h2oman
Old May 22, 2011, 01:40 AM
Trusted Verified User
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2009
289 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
This is one of the best planes they make, good luck with the sale. I love this plane
griffin 27 is offline Find More Posts by griffin 27
Old May 22, 2011, 07:21 AM
United States, CT, Somers
Joined Jun 2001
33 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Great airplane, if you decide to ship put me in line.
What brand is the corsair in the background?
dougpong1 is offline Find More Posts by dougpong1
Old May 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
I didn't break it....
United States, OR, Clatskanie
Joined May 2010
148 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
I was just in San Antonio last week
udidit is offline Find More Posts by udidit
Old May 23, 2011, 10:23 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
Sorry I missed you!

If it doesn't sell locally I will hang onto it - I'm trying to make an early move in order to clear room for the inevitable addition of the FMS T-28 later this summer, if it ever actually arrives for sale in the USA. That said, this V6 P-51 is without a doubt the finest warbird "out of the box" that I've ever come across. Zero mods required to fly it well and look good doing it!

That Corsair in the background sold pretty quickly - It was based on an Art-Tech model but was almost 90% custom work.
Old May 24, 2011, 01:00 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Im coming thru there in july...maybe if u still have it for some reason......? I tell ya what if it doesnt sell just promise to relist it july 1st as a reminder...whattaya say?
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old May 24, 2011, 09:16 PM
United States, CO, Eagle
Joined Oct 2010
103 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Dangit!

I was in San Antonio 2 days ago! I don't guess you kept the box for transport? I have a neighbor going to Sea World this weekend.
Gnfghtr is offline Find More Posts by Gnfghtr
Old May 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
Well it is still here, although there has been some local interest. Usually I'm pretty quick to cut a chunk out of the asking price in order to get it out the door ASAP, but in this instance I'm perfectly content to wait for the right buyer. It's a great excuse to keep it in the fleet, short-term. Quite an awesome plane. This is a rare time for me, only 4 planes in the "hangar!"

Don't have the box anymore, I kept it for a couple of weeks but it was just too big to have lying around taking up space. Clutter is my mortal enemy with this hobby - It can get out of control in a hurry if you don't take action!

Major, if it's still around in July I'll be sure to let you know - No promises though!
Last edited by Roswalt; May 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Closed Thread