SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
Build Log
Dynam 4Ch Super J3 Cub PA-18 build and maintenance log

20 May 2011

It finally arrived. I have my bird, and for all that I have been worried over, the wait is finally over. The instructions aren't very clear or detailed, so in that regard, putting it together has come from knowledge of other planes and the pilots how to videos on youtube. The throttle works, although I am anticipating issues with said throttle as it makes a nice little grating noise when cranked up to full. Aileron tests has it working. Unfortunately, I couldn't test the rudder, elevator just yet due to lack of proper screwdrivers to adjust the rods in the linkage. More to follow.
DragonDemiGod is offline Find More Posts by DragonDemiGod
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2011, 03:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
22 May 2011
Well now we seem to have an issue with the bird. Underpowered, though it has some kick at lower throttle, motor seems to rub against housing at WOT. Elevator arm on the Elevator servo is 1/4 in too short. Builder's error came from improper installation of the rudder/elevator assembly. Dynam has some really &S%&ty instructions to follow. End result of today's log: Likely have to get an exacto knife excise the rudder and elevator and order new parts or find some CA foam and some 30 min epoxy(which I am going to need anyway as stock glue is absolutely horrid)

Expecting to use clear 3M tape to reinforce elevator and rudder once reinstallation is complete. Also will have to order carbon fiber rods to replace stock option and replace a damaged linkage. So far, not really impressed with Dynam, despite this was to get me learning on. Irony is, I'm learning... to repair.
Old May 22, 2011, 04:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts

This is pretty much the damage report. Anyone know where I can get parts for this, including a better two part epoxy glue. I'm not even going to bother trying to salvaging this thing. I also need to get hold of the nut for the linkage(?) and acquire at least a stronger battery and charger for this? Any ideas are welcome
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Trouble with motor

Hi all!

I bought a Dynam 4Ch Super J3 Cub PA-18 2 weeks ago and still havent been able to fly. I am successfully able to calibrate the transmitter with the ESC and the motor responds well to the throttle. But when I put the propeller on, the motor refuses to run. I dont know what I am doing wrong.. I am using the Tx and Rx that came with the product (Dynam 6ch receiver and Dynam 4ch transmitter).
shrixkulkarni is offline Find More Posts by shrixkulkarni