HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:31 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Rick,

Do you have a Skywing 48" Sbach? If not, consider one of those. It flies with a little more precision than the MXS, but is a little more difficult to 3D; not much more difficult.

Also, this new version of the Extra is a really nice plane, but I just feel that for my own flying style, the MXS is a bit better.

Also, have you considered a Winner's 48" EPP Extra? I have a kit on the way. So far I have only seen the excellent videos of its designer, Caihong Lui, flying it and it looks really smooth. Perhaps check out the thread for it on this forum and check out this link for some additional info: http://www.3d-fly.com/02WM%20EXTRA330LX%20SEPP.htm
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Hey all, Just picked up a couple of these planes Extra300 and 342Sbach have started assembly late night and I'm abit unsure as what to use to glue all the flight surfaces with,would plain old CA do? I've got afew different brands(HK,some American brand Gold and plain old reject shop CA)what sugestions
Thx
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
Hey all, Just picked up a couple of these planes Extra300 and 342Sbach have started assembly late night and I'm abit unsure as what to use to glue all the flight surfaces with,would plain old CA do? I've got afew different brands(HK,some American brand Gold and plain old reject shop CA)what sugestions
Thx
Gold foam safe thin CA is the best. although EPP can take regular CA, but the wing core is EPS, so foam safe is prefered.
VR Eyedoc is online now Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
Thx
you can also review this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678035

there is extensive discussion about these airplanes.
VR Eyedoc is online now Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:55 AM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Yeah thanks as I've read the reveiw and the rest of the thread,but still unsure in regards to the CA's.
So after looking in the shed this afternoon I now know the names of the CA's i've got,which are Super Gold THIN which is foam safe and the other is Balsa USA Gold CA THICK.
So I'm now guessing that the super gold is what I should use,right?
Anyway that's the go so away I go,Thankx again for the imput,later
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer