Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
952 Posts
I like the new schemes.
I have an old blue one, but I would love to swap it for one of the new schemes.
nac is online now Find More Posts by nac
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 01:02 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,858 Posts
Roger,

Wanna buy my V2 (I think) Skywing Extra, so I can buy one of the new colour schemes?
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old May 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Jesus guys, can someone say 'fan boys'!

Can't a guy offer some constructive feedback about a dramatic change to colour scheme without having a wagon of guys jump on board stating the exact opposite.

Feel free guys to buy up all these colour schemes, I won't be clogging Feda's order book for these Extra's.
Scott and Nic, I would have thought that the low cost of these airframes would be good enough for you to add to your collection without issue.

Just for the record, I offered no criticism of the airframes, how the planes fly or the build quality. I'm very happy with Skywings planes, there are still my 48" go to planes by far, I just am not that fond of the new colours.

Who knows, in time the new colours may grow on me once I see them in flight from who ever the lucky pilot is who buys one, but for now I find them a bit sore on the eyes.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old May 14, 2012, 03:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Jesus guys, can someone say 'fan boys'!

Can't a guy offer some constructive feedback about a dramatic change to colour scheme without having a wagon of guys jump on board stating the exact opposite.

Feel free guys to buy up all these colour schemes, I won't be clogging Feda's order book for these Extra's.
Scott and Nic, I would have thought that the low cost of these airframes would be good enough for you to add to your collection without issue.

Just for the record, I offered no criticism of the airframes, how the planes fly or the build quality. I'm very happy with Skywings planes, there are still my 48" go to planes by far, I just am not that fond of the new colours.

Who knows, in time the new colours may grow on me once I see them in flight from who ever the lucky pilot is who buys one, but for now I find them a bit sore on the eyes.
Huh??

I just ordered a yellow V3 Extra. I will try to sell my old yellow V1/V2 Extra to make room for the new plane and to help recover some of the cost of the new plane.
Old May 14, 2012, 09:04 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,039 Posts
I've just confirmed with SkyWing that the new Extra's wing is essentially the same as the MXS's. I am very impressed by groovejet's sharp observation!

The MXS has a very nice flying character, let's hope the new Extra flies more like the MXS now.

I sympathize with bigroger's view on the color schemes, but I have to admit the candy-wrapping-like new schemes are more cheery and pleasing to more people.

Thanks for all of your opinions!

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old May 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,047 Posts
I think checkers under the wing make a plane. So I do like the undersides. I think consistent colours on the underside are better tho, asthetically, but also visually. I may paint my MXS that way.
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multiplex Stuntmaster Maiden
Old May 16, 2012, 03:26 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Don't get me wrong Feda on the colours. I'm sure they will grow on me over time, but on first inspection they seem very much like a bag of M&M's.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:48 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,858 Posts
I sold my yellow version 1 Skywing Extra so that I could free up the gear and some storage space for a new yellow version 2 Skywing Extra. Here it is, ready to maiden when I get a chance. I really like this colour scheme, as the colours are really bold and contrast well with each other.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:00 AM
IMK
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2005
181 Posts
Nice work Groovejet. Looks great.
IMK is online now Find More Posts by IMK
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:45 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,858 Posts
Yesterday Nac and I met up with IMK and had a really fun session flying our foamies.

I maidened my Skywing Extra V2 and Nac got a bit of video. I think the video is from the third and last flight of the Extra. Near the start of the video you can see IMK doing really nice torque rolls with his Telink Edge.

BTW I used up my single HD upload to Vimeo a few days ago, so this video is only in standard definition. If you wanna see it in 720p HD, then login to Vimeo and download it.

Skywing 48" Extra EPP - A Short Video on Maiden Day (2 min 17 sec)
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,047 Posts
how do you think this airframe compares to the MXS? Any major differences do you think? Nice flying... love the motor sound=
Rick
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
how do you think this airframe compares to the MXS? Any major differences do you think? Nice flying... love the motor sound=
Rick
Rick,

The new Extra flies more to my liking than the old Extra, but overall I still prefer my V1 and V2 MXSes. The main difference I have noticed between the new Extra and my older MXSes is that this Extra has more knife edge coupling.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:48 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,047 Posts
Thanks. Fun machines.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:28 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,858 Posts
They sure are, Rick,

Hopefully Nac and I can fly this weekend. I'll take my Extra along with an MXS and do some more comparisons. The colour scheme on the Extra has really good visibility and orientation when in the air.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,047 Posts
Took out the MXS with my new motor mount and with it bolted in. No vibes this time, and all good! Really liked it. I ordered a SK3- 1000kv as another motor so guessing I might get another Skywing model.

Do you have any other favourites from bestvalue rc in that size? Or should I just get another MXS for a rainy day?

Thanks!
Rick
RCG Plus Member