HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:21 PM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Look out Roger! The "posse" is on to you and gunna run you out of town ya varmint!
Lighten up American friends,that is just the Australian sense of humour.
For the record,we have no desire to imitate you guys,why on earth would we want to be "Yankee-Lite?" Quite happy as we are thanks.
The fact is that Australian guys and also Americans have been flying these great 3D planes from Skywing for over a year.The majority of you fellas have just discovered them because now they have 3DHS written on (one) of them.
Well good luck to you and I am sure you will find the plane great.
So in all reality you guys are copying us,hard as it may be to take,and there are some little foibles in these planes that our guys have tried to explain.
End of the day,it's not really a big deal.
Bleary.
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:26 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary View Post
Look out Roger! The "posse" is on to you and gunna run you out of town ya varmint!
Lighten up American friends,that is just the Australian sense of humour.
So the Australian sense of humor is horribly inaccurate stereotyping and wishing ill will on others? Well then, to speak your language... G'day mate, lets crack open a Fosters, eat a kangaroo, and put another shrimp on the barby! I sure hope you descendants of prisoners wreck your planes so I can laugh at you!

Was that good? I'm just trying to lighten up and learn your humor.

Now I'm off to comb my Yosemite Sam moustache while cleaning my guns
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:31 PM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Lighten up princess.
Guys who have these brand of planes have been posting information in the new thread in the intent of helping people.If you aren't interested,fine,but don't be surprised if we roll our eyes.
Just enjoy your new plane,no need to start a flame war.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:33 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Lighten up princess.
Guys who have these brand of planes have been posting information in the new thread in the intent of helping people.If you aren't interested,fine,but don't be surprised if we roll our eyes.
Just enjoy your new plane,no need to start a flame war.
I'm very interested in tips. Instead we got a guy saying "I can't wait to see these American fan boys screw up their planes" rather than coming to the thread and telling us about the foam. Of course, that foam was mentioned a couple pages ago in the new thread... but whatever, this roger guy can sit on his high horse making smart remarks.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:33 PM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
By the way,no Australian drinks Fosters,that's just a little joke we have going
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:37 PM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Ok,that might have been a bit harsh,I'll let Roger answer that if he feels like it.
How do you know he is a 3D newb? and even if he is,he may have some interesting and useful insights into these planes.I'm sure not all of the guys who buy it are great pilots,but these planes are great practise tools to get better,and that's what it's about right?
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:37 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
By the way,no Australian drinks Fosters,that's just a little joke we have going
By the way... no s$%t Sherlock. That's why I put it in the middle of the stereotypical Australian stuff.

Quote:
Ok,that might have been a bit harsh,I'll let Roger answer that if he feels like it.
Thanks for acknowledging that. I'll leave it there. In the future, if any of us have tips about Skywing planes, we'll be sure to share regardless of nationality.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:38 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,484 Posts
He was rude and got the caught. Don't waste your time fireyfate. Nobody needs help from him.
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:44 PM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
I give up.
Glad you bought the plane,hope you enjoy it,I'm sure you will.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:44 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
He was rude and got the caught. Don't waste your time fireyfate. Nobody needs help from him.
Don't worry, not gonna lose any sleep over it. It's just that after working in a dozen countries and seeing that we're all relatively the same, I can't help but call out the people that seem not to have figured that out.

Quote:
I give up.
Glad you bought the plane,hope you enjoy it,I'm sure you will.
We're good. Still not a fan of roger until he removes his foot from his mouth.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:10 PM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Look,this is just the way I see it,I'm not trying to inflame people.
Some of us were excited to see that these great planes were going to have a much bigger market through 3DHS.
We posted information regarding the construction of the planes,heads up to the other detailed threads and glues to watch out for,trying to help.(I think I was wrong regarding depron in the wing actually,it is some other type of soluble foam,but I see that GJ has clarified that)
The intent was to genuinely help people.
Rightly or wrongly,I guess that perhaps I felt (I'm not going to speak for the other guys here),that the help was not wanted or ignored.
Maybe I'm the sensitive princess,but I guess that the written word does not convey emotion well,as can be seen by the endless arguments all over the interwebs.
I can only surmise that is why Roger wrote what he did through frustration.He is a helpful guy who is always spending time advising people of setups etc.
Anyway,I will leave it there I think.You guys are going to love these planes.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:26 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Thanks for the support Bleary.
Just been out flying a couple of my other skywing planes that I love.

Now to Mr FF, sorry if you American fan boys got so upset at being called 'American Fanboys' but that's meant to be just the way it is written. Its not a derogatory stab by any means just a term of expression for a group or people who have ignored the various skywing threads and planes for up to a year now with indignation because they were not produced by the famous 3. Now that 3dhs have started to brand one its the hottest thing since toasted bread.

Well I'm sorry if that upsets you FF, perhaps you are not the fan boy I was referring to.
Please accept my apology for upsetting your delicate sensitivities sir, I will try to remember next time that all Americans are the worlds best pilots, plane builder, warriors, diplomates, scientists, sports stars, etc....lol....

Just lighten up dude, its just a hobby.... and yes I did fill one of my wings with UHU Por and it melted the sucker up some....if that information helps out a couple of fan boys then I've done my job.... go get a beer and lighten up dude.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:39 AM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
This should be interesting....
We need reinforcements,gather the convicts boys,it's on.
Can't say I really disagree with you Roger,I was just being a bit diplomatic.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:48 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Isn't there a term for people that drag statements from one thread over to another thread with the sole purpose of create discord???

Oh that's right... their called .... trolls......

I started to write further explanations but just decided to leave it alone for now!!! I must be 'so angry'.
Maybe yesterday I was, having just mid air separated the nose off my beloved Skywing extra300L.

Damn Americans.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:59 AM
Cookie Monster
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Oh dear
Maybe we better try calling up the kiwis as well,they're good in a scap.
Ah,let it go,they will love their new 3DHS foamie in their bubble.