Old May 21, 2011, 03:01 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Whoops!
It's ALL about ME

It's All About Me, Me, Me

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq.  The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force.  Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.  Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

Barack Obama speech after killing of bin Laden:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.  Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and I authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old May 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Mr. Bush has class.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old May 21, 2011, 04:08 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
obammy is going to take credit for everything positive, but he has yet to take responsibility for anything negative. When things go right, it is all "I". Like when he thanked the CIA for helping to bring in osama, he used the term "I" 35 times. Wonder how "HE" even had time to give the CIA any credit at all. But, when things go negatively it is always "BUSH'S FAULT". I didn't know how bad it was, etc. How can the libs still defend this guy?
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old May 21, 2011, 04:22 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
How can the libs still defend this guy?
Kopius Kwantities of Koolaid
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old May 21, 2011, 05:37 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Mr. Bush has class.
And Mr. Obama is an ass!

NPD is all you see,
When all you hear is me, me, me.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old May 21, 2011, 08:59 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Kopius Kwantities of Koolaid
Was that the same "kool-aid" that Wavy Gravy and his Merry Pranksters warned us about in the good ol' days?
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old May 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
And Mr. Obama is an ass!

NPD is all you see,
Quality!
Old May 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
And Mr. Obama is an ass!

NPD is all you see,
We should have one day where you HAVE to post in rhyme.

There was a man from Nantucket........
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old May 21, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Sep 2002
800 Posts
Quote:

Who'swas so big he could
Old May 21, 2011, 10:45 PM
Ol' Deadeye
Lubbock,TX
Joined Aug 2005
124 Posts
Quote:
Mr. Bush has class.
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." — 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'" —9/17/01

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."—Crawford TX, 12/28/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."—3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."—3/13/02

"I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."—3/13/02

"Uhh—Gosh, I —don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those, uhh, exaggerations." — Tempe, AZ, 10/13/2004
Dusty Puddles is offline Find More Posts by Dusty Puddles
Old May 21, 2011, 11:23 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
I keep getting confused, was it Saddam or Osama who took credit for 9/11?
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old May 21, 2011, 11:30 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,979 Posts
Quote:

Who arrived on our shores in a bucket,

He was a commie,
Just like his mommie,

And in 2012 his tail he will tucket.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old May 21, 2011, 11:39 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
Bush's description of what he was doing when he heard about the death of OBL:

Quote:
"I was eating souffle at Rise Restaurant with Laura and two buddies," Bush said when asked what he was doing when he received the call from President Obama, according to an ABC News contributor who attended the event.

"I excused myself and went home to take the call," Bush said. "Obama simply said 'Osama Bin Laden is dead.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/georg...ry?id=13592860
Games aside, Saddam's capture happened in an occupied country, with our boots on the ground handed decks of cards of baddies to capture, the Ace of Spades was Saddam. So the standing orders were to get him.

In the case of Osama, he was in the country of an ally, and it required a decision from the CINC to even pursue the matter, to direct that the mission be carried out and spec ops trained to carry it out, and when it came to be go time, he still had to say yes, go. So his explanation was of a very secret mission with possible international repercussions from the mission itself. His explanation was one of the events that occurred in the lead up to and execution of the mission, of which his decisions played a prominent role. I for one appreciate this sort of honest candor about what happened.

Bush's speech has not one bit of information about the mission, who did it, how it was executed, just a matter of fact, and kudos for those who did it. In fact, he was likely not involved at the moments before and during the capture, as it was a standing order to capture Saddam.

Apples and Dates.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old May 22, 2011, 12:36 AM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
It's All About Me, Me, Me

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq.  The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force.  Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.  Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

Barack Obama speech after killing of bin Laden:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.  Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and I authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
One was the mastemind of the murdering of 3 thousand innocent American civilians on 9/11.
The other was one of those dime a dozen dictators that we sometimes support and sometime we dont, depending on our own political and economic interests, who had NOTHING to do with the 9/11 attacks.
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old May 22, 2011, 12:37 AM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Mr. Bush has class.
Mr Bush is an a$$.....
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita