SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2011, 01:07 PM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2010
83 Posts
Discussion
Help on Evo pro spektrum module conversion

Hi, anyone can help on Multiplex EVO Royal Pro 16 V 3.41 to convert to use DM8 spektrum module?
cooler69 is offline Find More Posts by cooler69
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Dec 2003
836 Posts
The biggest question is why? Since you are not in the US, you could use the Multiplex M-Link 2.4, which is light years better than Spektrum . . . especially considering that Spektrum isn't doing DSMX in their modules - you would be stuck with DSM2 which even Spektrum is getting rid of . . .
tadawson is offline Find More Posts by tadawson
Old May 22, 2011, 12:45 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2010
83 Posts
The main purpose to change is to use with many of my spectrum receivers and on parkzone micros.. Also very user friendly on Evo Tx.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:47 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2010
83 Posts
I'm new.. Please help
Old Aug 08, 2011, 11:40 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
I have the same issue:
My EVO 9 is an old friend and I also would like to use it for the nice ParkZone Bind-And-Fly models where the Spektrum rx is integrated in the electronics.

I recently received a Spektrum module for internal mounting in the EVO but have not been able to make it work.
My software version is 3.41.
Somebody claims that there should be a PPM signal coming out of the trainer port but I see no PPM signal?
Did I miss something?

Thanks!
Slingjet is offline Find More Posts by Slingjet
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:57 PM
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Sep 2004
207 Posts
Hi,

Maybe this thread will give you some help:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=evo+spektrum

I believe from reading various threads on the EVO and conversion to 2.4GHz 3rd party modules that firmware versions > 2.62 do not output PPM on the internal deck pins but do output PPM on the trainer port. There is another thread on converting to the Hitec 2.4GHz system with lots of info. I suggest you read through that thread also. I converted a Royal Evo Pro with v2.62 to a Frsky DIY module no problems using the internal deck.

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

Eusebio
ek123 is offline Find More Posts by ek123
Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:01 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,577 Posts
I think you have to downgrade your firmware to v2.62 (??) as v3 and above are specifically for the M-Link modules and do not emit a PPM signal that the Spektrum module can use.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:46 AM
Midlands, UK
Joined Jun 2004
1,337 Posts
The problem is that the Evo attempts to interrogate the RF module at power up to work out what protocol to use. Certain synth modules and the 2.4GHz modules use a serial protocol not PPM. v2.61 and earlier defaulted to PPM on the internal module connector if no reply was received from a module. After that version the default is to assume no module is fitted making it awkward for 3rd party manufacturers. The only way to get PPM on the internal connector on versions 3.xx is to fool the Evo by replying to the boot time module polling and telling it you're a 35MHz synth module or similar. Then it will provide PPM.

PPM remains available on the DIN connector if pins 3&5 (from memory - check!) are linked as used on sims etc.

Steve
GlowFly is offline Find More Posts by GlowFly
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:31 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2 Posts
Almost there i think.

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=93120

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=93122
Bevcan is offline Find More Posts by Bevcan
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:57 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,212 Posts
He has a Multiplex TX and need therefore no FASST telemetry.
What he need is Multiplex Royal EVO w/ Spektrum Module
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682256
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga