SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:06 PM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI WKH System View Post
The biggest difference between Ace One and WooKong-H is WooKong-H doesn't have GPS Cruise control model and has 50m height limit.
Compared to Ace One, you can find out WooKong-H is such a good control system for helicopters as well.
By now I have a DJI on a T-REX 700 Gasser Zenoah 230RC next time would became a scale model Heli. She fly nice as the system promised. In the manual I found only 4 example to set the autopilot and I tried to extrapolate the autopilot's parameter for the mine. Then I don't understand the mean of parameter Irange, because it is not well explained in the manual and what deep impact has to the fly envelope. I leave it to 100 100 100.
By now we have no bibliography how other users had set this autopilot
Another question why DJI has high fly level limited to 110 feet?
Regards
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Last edited by I-FELN; Sep 28, 2011 at 03:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:36 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
You would never need higher than 110 fit for any scale flight.

DJI WooKong functional test Trex 600 (4 min 27 sec)

11-story building .... high enough for anyone.

"I" value" has been explained, although we never need to use it. Head wind into forward flight; increase value. But, you don't always fly into the wind. Tail wind decrease the value, yet you don't always fly with tail wind.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Brief Introduction of WooKong-H(for newcomers to know DJI WK-H)

If you are new or not familiar with DJI WooKong-H, you could get the video to know more about the specialized autopilot system for scale helicopters.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA5OTUxMDEy.html
DJI WKH System is offline Find More Posts by DJI WKH System
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 05, 2011, 10:55 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,887 Posts
$1,300USD? Forget it. Way to expensive.
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Oct 05, 2011, 11:25 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
$1,300USD? Forget it. Way to expensive.
Your not the only one who thinks that, they are marketing it more towards the commercial and industrial sectors than the real hobbiest.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Oct 05, 2011, 11:30 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,887 Posts
Its a great idea for scale helis or camera helis but, I will stick to Vbar.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 11:32 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
Yeah it's hard to beat the V-bar.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:25 AM
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
346 Posts
Irange

Thank SIDNEYW for your useful suggestion but by now still I have not found any explanation in Wookong site or in the manual.
Then, flying without head or tail wind do you suggest to set this paramaeters to 0, 0 , 0 or leave it to 100 as manual example?
regards
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:54 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-FELN View Post
Thank SIDNEYW for your useful suggestion but by now still I have not found any explanation in Wookong site or in the manual.
Then, flying without head or tail wind do you suggest to set this paramaeters to 0, 0 , 0 or leave it to 100 as manual example?
regards
Leave them at default value of 100.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:51 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Ace One $1300 is for XP3.1 old version trade-in. Ace One price is $3500 for AP and commercial apps. Ace Waypoint is $11,500, for military and commercial.
Ace One - no altitude limit, gimbal control, within 1 meter accuracy, 4 flight modes, remote gain control.
Ace Waypoint - in addition to above, data link up to 10km total autonomous flight using ground control station, 50 waypoints each with 2 robotic functions, auto take off/landing, real time flight navigation, real time waypoint change. Can also be flown without ground station in short flight mission.

Scale Version - this is aimed at Scale heli and RC heli enthusiasts looking for totally relaxed flight enjoyment - 3 flight modes, FBL & GPS (of course), self-leveling, altitude and position hold. Fail safe is limited to auto hover while the two above have option to return home. This should be available by early July in the US.
In case of engine failure, does it autorotate and land safely?
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:39 PM
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
In case of engine failure, does it autorotate and land safely?
In the manual of DJI no mention to that. I read only about Enhanced fail safe when you lost the bind with TX the heli mantein position with the set of fail-safe paramenters. You could read page 4 of user manual:
http://www.dji-hobby.com/en/files/Wo...anual%20en.pdf
Also I read nothing about go home may be in the future with a new software release?!
By now I have a little experience with the system, I'm still working about to set autopilot because when in atti mode and release the sticks I have some oscillation before stabilize.
This System is great for me! I regret only the condensed/essentials instruction in the user manual, poor bibliografy about and few FAQ or forum on the DJI site
Last edited by I-FELN; Oct 10, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:06 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Auto return home and landing can be done in multi rotor which is different than single rotor heli. In fact, DJI WK-M system has RTH and landing feature when loss of tx signal or low battery, not when motors cut off. Auto rotation can also be done for single rotor ... then who is to guarantee every auto-rotation is a success.

V-bar is nice, but it does not have self-leveling, altitude and position hold. Disorientation using WK-Scale won't cause me a crash.

Ok, semi auto take off and landing will soon be released, same as Ace One feature. Current users can upgrade thru firmware update.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1520750
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:14 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Heli World - Century Heli is carrying DJI products....

http://www.heli-world.com/SearchResu...s=dji&All=True
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:01 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
Its a great idea for scale helis or camera helis but, I will stick to Vbar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Yeah it's hard to beat the V-bar.
I have three Vbars. I'm considering this for a camera ship. We're comparing apples to oranges.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:21 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,887 Posts
Yes it seems to be a superior system. For camera work it will be great. However I can not justify the price just for a hobby. Mind you I would love to have one installed on my Jet Ranger