HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:14 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Dennis, "Ace One View" will be releasing in days ....

Ace One + Data link View + semi auto take off/landing, check with Robert.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:19 PM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,135 Posts
I believe ,, and have been told that Multi Wii will work with servos ... and collective .. and plan on doing one this winter !!!!

Now I didn't say the Vbar would do exactly the same thing ... but it does have an active self leveling gyro devices .. And actually V bar was not what I was thinking of ... SK 720 is the one ... it does have accelerometers that do self leveling for you ....but if you need altitude hold and GPS position hold ... you probably better not be flying scale birds yet .... heck it you want this type of control ... why fly a helicopter ... buy one and let some young 3-D wizzz fly it for you

SK says there is more to come on their unit and that probably means GPS postion hold ... and their unit starts at around 400.00 something ..

Now if the GPS altitude position hold ,, and auto land cost 1100.00 then I could see it ... but GPS on the Muilti wii only runs about 150.00 more ????? where are they coming up with all the extra cost >>>????? and why not make a cheaper version for the average Joe modeller that only maybe wants the self leveling and maybe GPS altitude postion hold ????

Sorry it is just not needed and is way over priced for the average joe modeller ... now if you are an A&P guy using it for work and making money with it ... maybe .... but even then it is only needed for the certain special application not the normal day to day business that is barely making it .
Just my 2 cents
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:53 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
v22chap, your questions will all be answered in 90 days (multi-rotor system). We know GPS, as we already have more than 5 years experience in making and selling them. I know this product is not for you.

Let's go back to single main rotor product here. As for your last comment, I'd say some AP commercial and industrial firms might disagree with you.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 07, 2011, 11:31 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
I'd love to see some flying in non-dead calm conditions (or are your trees are made of concrete? ). How 'bout a few heavy cyclic blips and some faster FF...I'd really love to see the quality of FBL function and control as well as more spirited flight (in FBL mode). Are these videos shot in coaxial heli style flight control mode or ???
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:00 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
I'd love to see some flying in non-dead calm conditions (or are your trees are made of concrete? ). How 'bout a few heavy cyclic blips and some faster FF...I'd really love to see the quality of FBL function and control as well as more spirited flight (in FBL mode). Are these videos shot in coaxial heli style flight control mode or ???
something like this?

DJI Ace One Helicopter Auto Pilot does FBL 3D (3 min 21 sec)

I will personally shoot some video in windy condition just for you.

But, here is an older version; current one is 3 generations ahead. Yes, it is a big heli..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSaqONmFTw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sidneyw; Jul 08, 2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 02:12 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Quote:
SK says there is more to come on their unit and that probably means GPS postion hold
Don't hold your breath. Been hearing that for a couple years.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2011, 06:34 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Nothing to do with the Scale version, I was testing semi auto takeoff/landing using Ace One today.

DJI Ace One semi-auto take off & landing (2 min 1 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2011, 01:28 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Reno, Nevada
Joined Oct 2006
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v22chap View Post
I believe ,, and have been told that Multi Wii will work with servos ... and collective .. and plan on doing one this winter !!!!

Now I didn't say the Vbar would do exactly the same thing ... but it does have an active self leveling gyro devices .. And actually V bar was not what I was thinking of ... SK 720 is the one ... it does have accelerometers that do self leveling for you ....but if you need altitude hold and GPS position hold ... you probably better not be flying scale birds yet .... heck it you want this type of control ... why fly a helicopter ... buy one and let some young 3-D wizzz fly it for you

SK says there is more to come on their unit and that probably means GPS postion hold ... and their unit starts at around 400.00 something ..

Now if the GPS altitude position hold ,, and auto land cost 1100.00 then I could see it ... but GPS on the Muilti wii only runs about 150.00 more ????? where are they coming up with all the extra cost >>>????? and why not make a cheaper version for the average Joe modeller that only maybe wants the self leveling and maybe GPS altitude postion hold ????

Sorry it is just not needed and is way over priced for the average joe modeller ... now if you are an A&P guy using it for work and making money with it ... maybe .... but even then it is only needed for the certain special application not the normal day to day business that is barely making it .
Just my 2 cents
+1
I agree, the cost is extreme unless you have $10k+ wrapped up in your heli or you are into professional AP or even just NOT a good pilot. I for one really enjoy actually flying my helis and planes, that is why I got into the hobby in the first place.
The multi-rotor arduino setup will work with a single rotor heli with the right program flashed onto the chip. For that matter the inexpensive KK controller can be made to work with a single rotor heli. And now you can get a Hobby King knock-off for $30 bucks but you will need to re-flash the chip with a program that will fly a single rotor heli.
The waypoint stuff really does present a problem with the pending legislation from the FAA for the AMA (US only). These types of system are the target of the FAA. Let's say Joe (rich guy) modeler gets this system and programs a set of waypoints around his neighborhood and something goes wrong (low batteries, bad setup, incorrectly setup heli) and his heli crashes into a house, a moving car, a group of people or a child then the whole hobby suffers for Joe's actions. The media will not differentiate between his computerized model or the guy flying his little foamy at the park, it will be "those RC geeks are gonna hurt us wtih their toys".
Having said that I will say that I am a tech geek and think the technology is quite intriguing.
But I do want to stress that I would be very unhappy with Joe's screwing up the freedom that I have to teach my 4 year old grandson about the RC hobby and possibly his future with teaching his children.
My 2 cents,
DT
DeadTom is online now Find More Posts by DeadTom
Last edited by DeadTom; Jul 08, 2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 09:58 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Technology has nothing to do with parents not teaching their kids +, -, X and division without using electronic calc; riding a bicycle, drive manual shift car, start camp fire with matches ......

You still have to understand mechanical setup, fly the heli in manual mode in making sure all is set properly before going to auto setup. Once you done that, have a few dollars with kids all graduated college, house paid for, no car payment LIKE me, getting old but still wants some fun in what I love .... why not? There are two sides of the story.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:23 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
DJI Scale stab Jetranger (2 min 38 sec)

Will shoot some videos next .... without GPS, barometer altitude hold, self leveling. Unlike others, with DJI stab vibration has no effect on the system, take off and landing can be handled the same as without e-stab.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 16, 2011, 04:28 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Is there wind on that side of the globe?
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:59 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Be honest, there is a reason Chicago is called the windy city.

It does get windy like Chicago ... only when a storm is approaching. Normally, 10-15km.
The highest wind speed day was when Kin came flying the Seahawk (800mm blades) quad head (25km/hr), but 800 size doesn't get affected much.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:17 AM
Joined May 2011
3 Posts
hello eveybody,
i m a new member
i wish to build a big coaxial heli
does any one can guide me about it
hos765 is offline Find More Posts by hos765
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
The biggest difference between Ace One and WooKong-H is WooKong-H doesn't have GPS Cruise control model and has 50m height limit.
Compared to Ace One, you can find out WooKong-H is such a good control system for helicopters as well.
DJI WKH System is offline Find More Posts by DJI WKH System
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:50 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hos765 View Post
hello eveybody,
i m a new member
i wish to build a big coaxial heli
does any one can guide me about it
Here is a very good build from Peter Wales of a Kamov KA-50 from start to finish , but they don't come cheap you'll have about $7500.00 in mechanics and another $6000.00 in a turbine.http://scalehelicopters.org/ part 2 http://scalehelicopters.org/ enjoy.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex