Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 19, 2011, 10:41 PM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Yippee!
My New Joysway Offshore Warrior and how to use a Condom on your boat

OK, after a lot of searching and looking for a mini boat for my 3.3 acre pond (here)http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425699

and deciding pn a hull LOL http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=joysway

and deciding on a Transmitter
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436840

You guys have finally helped me decide on my new Joysway Offshore Warrior. I thought I may still get a Tenshock if this doesn't do the trick...but I think it will work just fine

It seems well put together. The fiberglass is a little thinner than I had hoped but it should work well if I don't crash into something. The hardware is pretty good, the rudder holder (forgot proper name lol, I'm a quad guy) is plastic, not aluminum like I would preffer and the rudder hinge pin seems to leave a little play in the rudder, but not left and right, only a little front to back so it shouldn't cause any stearing issues. I heard I may have to replace with a 35a seaking one day but I will use this one until it's dead.

This one apears to have a newer ESC, a 30a and a 3000kv silver motor instead of the older purlple ones. Not sure if it's the same or improved? Looks pretty nice though.

I set up my Fly Sky GT3B,that you guys helped me pick,and put the rx in a balloon with a rubber band to waterproof it until I can get some spray electrical tape (where is the cheapest place to buy it?)
And I didn't want my batteries to get wet so I thought what about a long baloon for that, but I didn't have one. What I did have is a condom LOL. I put it on just like you do, just pinch the tip and roll. ,(just kidding. And for once you can reuse it put a twist tie around the wires and your waterproof. The ESC came water-proofed pretty well it seems.

I will make my maiden voyage with it tomorrow and show you how it does

RChelisrule is offline Find More Posts by RChelisrule
Last edited by RChelisrule; May 20, 2011 at 01:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 10:44 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined May 2011
178 Posts
Nice comdom
You get good range with the Sky radio ?
.Electric Rules. is offline Find More Posts by .Electric Rules.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 19, 2011, 11:34 PM
United States, DE, Lewes
Joined Dec 2005
398 Posts
"Safe boating"
werlec is offline Find More Posts by werlec
Old May 20, 2011, 01:04 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
99.9% effective against STD's and you can't get your boat pregnant this way...but remember abstanace is the only way to keep you and yoour boat completely safe.
Old May 20, 2011, 01:07 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Electric Rules. View Post
Nice comdom
You get good range with the Sky radio ?
did a range test and I got all of the way across the pond +100 ft before I gave up. It is definitly as far as I need it for a land radio. Only so far you can drive a boat or car. I will do a better range test after I maiden the boat though. Features look pretty nice for the money. You can tell it's not a $200 radio but you CAN'T tell it's a $35 radio that's for sure.
Old May 20, 2011, 01:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChelisrule View Post
did a range test and I got all of the way across the pond +100 ft before I gave up. It is definitly as far as I need it for a land radio. Only so far you can drive a boat or car. I will do a better range test after I maiden the boat though. Features look pretty nice for the money. You can tell it's not a $200 radio but you CAN'T tell it's a $35 radio that's for sure.
I have that radio & ohhh arnt it good also i done the same CH - 0 NAME BOT
HAHAHAHA. how funny.
boat looks good bro...
Old May 20, 2011, 12:17 PM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
MAIDEN VOYAGE VIDEO, this thing turns on a dime! I was taking it very easy until I got a feel for it. I gotta say I love it! it suits this pond more than the SV27
Check it out!

Joysway Offshore Warrior RC boat at my Office Lake at Stewart Perry (3 min 1 sec)
Last edited by RChelisrule; May 20, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:33 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
You guys need any web/software/mobile app developers down there, I would LOVE an office like that!!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 20, 2011, 03:28 PM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You guys need any web/software/mobile app developers down there, I would LOVE an office like that!!
Well I do anything IT related we need, I am the IT Director there.
Hey, Does anyone know of some good upgrade props for this boat? please send a link
Old May 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
You wouldn't want to hire me, far too much paperwork to get me across the border (Canadian, no American relatives at all)! I'm jealous of your office location though!
Old May 20, 2011, 11:47 PM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You wouldn't want to hire me, far too much paperwork to get me across the border (Canadian, no American relatives at all)! I'm jealous of your office location though!
you should see the rest of the place. It's a totaly green building. We are a construction company and put a lot into this place. Here ,take a virtual tour of our offiuce, we just redid our website pretty nice. be sure to move yoour cursor onto all the green dots to see what all goes into making a LEED certified "GREEN" building

http://stewartperry.com/virtual-tour
Last edited by RChelisrule; May 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
178 Posts
So when can i move in ? Nice looking place water fall is good to, well every thing about it is realy nice ,keep up the good work WOW

Michael.
Old May 21, 2011, 06:20 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
Very nice building/area!
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:18 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
OK, as expected that ESC SUCKED! but not like you would think? the power and amperage was great. It didn't even get warm. It had very smooth throttle response as well.
The part that sucked was the waterproofing. It was only heat shrink with silicone on the ends. Which would work unless there is a small hole in the heat shrink that you don't see, then it gets fried like mine did. I would use one again but check the waterproofing, maybe double up the heat shrink too.
Instead I bought the Hobbywing SeaKing , Pretty much the Best Boat ESC for the $$ IMO.

Eventhough this one is VERY well waterproofed I Re-waterproofed it with Tech-Spray Silicone based, High Temp conformal coating.
I also coated my Reciever inside and out, I tested it and it runs submerged in a glass of water now!

Last edited by RChelisrule; Jun 01, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:06 AM
Birmingham AL
Joined Jul 2010
627 Posts
this is the stuff, it is a thin clear layer but luckily to has an ingrediant that makes it glow in black light to check for coverage, nice feature. I did test this in a glass or water after only 1 thorough coating of this, buit if you want a thicker layer you can get spray electrical tape or encapsulant. Kimco ROCKS by the way. I will be doing a lot more buisness in the future with them.
http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...67&ITEM_ID=931