SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ChrisBowker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:43 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Build Log
Dark Side Models EPP Yak 55

Its time to start a build log on my new EPP Yak 55. This yak is designed to be an intermediate model. The Yak has great flight performance and feels much like a 3mm depron model on the sticks. The Yak is a great model for anyone looking to improve their own flying. Its the perfect model for people looking to break into the "low and slow" category of 3D.

A quick look:
Model:Yak 55
Wing Span: 31"
Weight:6-8oz
motor:1700kv 2 cell outrunner
ESC:9 amp
Battery:350-450mah
Servo(s)6g

My setup
Motor:Hacker a-109L
ESC:thunderbird9
Servo(s):hs-65(ail) hs-45 elev/rudd
battery:nanotech 350mah 2s

I get between 4-6 min flight times swinging a 8x4.3 on this plane.

Unpainted "short kits"(Foam parts only) start at just $25(ALL KITS COME PRE BEVELED & WELDERS GLUE HINGED)

Full kits are Discontinued, full kits include all carbon fiber necessary to build the model, CF aileron diff horn(with Du-Bro ez links), wheels, motor mount, control horns, music wire(for z bends), heat shrink, push rod guides. pretty much everything you need minus glue/radio gear.

The following will be a build log to help out with the construction of your EPP Yak. Before you start building you will need a nice flat table to work on, with out a flat surface to build your model on it will never come out straight. Also remember to take your time building the model, check your work with a square and leave the hack and dash attitude for chopping fire wood.

Glue suggestions: I use Bob Smith regular CA thick&thin to build my model. I only use the thin CA once the model is up off of my building table, EPP acts like a sponge and I have glued many of them to my work bench with thin.

CG location is aproz 1/2" behind the spar

For control throw I run aprox 45 degrees on everything with 80% expo on my epp planes(90-95 on my depron models)

Chris

Still more to come...

Chris Must Be Bored (0 min 41 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/user/sr71afan#p/u/7/xDooKcl1JLE
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChrisBowker; Oct 10, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2011, 01:01 PM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
looking to buy epp yak 55 kit
terry
ottpilot is offline Find More Posts by ottpilot
Old May 26, 2011, 04:20 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Hey Terry,
I sent you a PM. For those of you looking to get a kit off me please send me a PM and we can work out the details. I plan on getting my website up in a few weeks but have just not had the time yet.

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware