HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
peace love and RC
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
Help!
Video will not transmit pleas help

So the other day i fried my video tx. I was hooking up my new Cyclops osd and left the separate battery to power the equipment plugged while i plugged the flight battery into the current sensor and had the jumper to power from the current sensor and it fried my transmitter. "basically gave it a dose of 24 volts. I did not have the cam hooked up at the time so the cam is ok. I hope my osd is ok but the light comes on when you plug it in and it doesnít smell like fried circuit board. Just my Vtx smoked. Anyway my new Vtx came in and it will not transmit. I have a 5v cam so im powering the cam from the RCrx. I checked everything with a meter and im getting all the voltages I should be getting. 5v from RCrx to cam. 11.1v form lipo to Vid tx, and signal from cam to Vid tx. I got the USA version, channel one 900mhz 500wat Vid tx from Hobbywireless. I have power to Vid rx and rca jacks hooked up properly. And display set up properly. I have had this setup working properly before. The only difference before is my first Vid tx was the pnp version with built in regulator for 5v cams, the cam plugged strait into the Vid tx. Now I just have my vid signal going from cam to Vid tx. Here is a drawing of exactly how I have it hooked up. Like I said im 100% sure I didnít have the cam hooked up when I fried the Vid tx. But that may be my next thing to change if I canít get it to work. I could have brain farted and had the cam hooked up and it got fried to. Would the tx transmit a sig to the rx and show up on the display as anything if the cam was disconnected? My display just says no signal as if the fpv gear wasnít even turned on. Oh yah and the Vid tx gets warm so its getting power, but it doesnít get has hot as it did before when it was transmitting video, it just gets warm now. I also checked for continuity through he video sig all the way from where it plugs into Vid tx to where it goes into cam and it checked good. can not uplaod files onto rcgoups form my work pc. I have posted this topic over on rcu and uploaded my drawing there for you to check out. here is the link. Thank you http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10528607/tm.htm PS with this setup i do not have the osd hooked up, everything is just like in the drawing Thank you
tonywayne is offline Find More Posts by tonywayne
Last edited by tonywayne; May 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: changed title to help!
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 11:23 PM
peace love and RC
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
Deleted
Old May 18, 2011, 11:25 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2004
587 Posts
To check your Vtx only, simply plug in something like a DVD player into it and then play something.... or should I say "temporarily connect a DVD player" not as straight forward as "plug"...

If your cam is going thtough your OSD, bypass it and send the video signal from the cam straight to the Vtx. I have had problems with the Cyclops Easy OSD and 5v camera, which I still do not know the reason for, but solved by replacing with a 12v cam....
dtm360 is offline Find More Posts by dtm360
Old May 19, 2011, 01:03 AM
Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2001
1,292 Posts
Looks like you need the ground between the cam and the vid tx.
Mikey-flies is offline Find More Posts by Mikey-flies
Old May 19, 2011, 01:22 AM
peace love and RC
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-flies View Post
Looks like you need the ground between the cam and the vid tx.
Not sure i understand. Your saying basicly i just need to conect the 2 black wires in my drawing? leave them where there going but just ground them together? I will give it a try but im not sure i understand how that would help. The cam is getting power form the rc rx and the Vtx is getting power from the lipo. Why would the ground from the lipo and the ground on from the cam need to be bonded? Thank you very much for your help EDIT!! I think i understand. the video sig needs a ground from the cam to the Vtx? right?
Old May 19, 2011, 01:40 AM
peace love and RC
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
Agen i cant upload files here. Here is a pic of my drawing with a ground i added on rcu. Is this right? Thank you http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10528607/tm.htm
Old May 19, 2011, 02:36 AM
peace love and RC
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
Pigtail the ground from the cam like this?
Old May 19, 2011, 03:00 AM
peace love and RC
Joined Jan 2007
106 Posts
Never mind. that was it i didn't have my vid sig grounded. Duuhh