HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,911 Posts
Discussion
New bird in the nest!

My first build for these 1 gram Rx from Flydream, a bit in the "House of Frog" spirit and between the junior and senior serie in size. The span is 14" with a 3mm Depron wing with sanded airfoil. The fuselage is mostly 1/16" balsa with a foam top and covered in Solite. So far it weigth about 24.5 gram with the motor installed(AD-C5 /3700Kv) and balance perfect so I am wondering about using Toki,AS-2000 servos. The esc will be TGY DP 3A and GWS 4530 prop with one 180<240mA cell which I have used before in a heavier foam Me-109 FF conversion.
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
foam gone wild!
United States, IN, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2011
162 Posts
make me one!
jbrracer is offline Find More Posts by jbrracer
Old May 19, 2011, 06:18 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
My first build for these 1 gram Rx from Flydream, a bit in the "House of Frog" spirit and between the junior and senior serie in size. The span is 14" with a 3mm Depron wing with sanded airfoil. The fuselage is mostly 1/16" balsa with a foam top and covered in Solite. So far it weigth about 24.5 gram with the motor installed(AD-C5 /3700Kv) and balance perfect so I am wondering about using Toki,AS-2000 servos. The esc will be TGY DP 3A and GWS 4530 prop with one 180<240mA cell which I have used before in a heavier foam Me-109 FF conversion.
How many birds in your nest now ?family pic ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old May 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,347 Posts
Nice little plane. Let us know how the maiden goes.

None of my business, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary metal hung on that motor.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old May 20, 2011, 10:33 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,911 Posts
Did some more work on it today. It now comes at 28.3 grams with motor,prop,esc and foam cowl glued on + a 1/32" landing gear (I like ROG). The Rx will be another gram and 6 grams for a 240mA Zippy so now I have to chose what servos to use! it still balance at 25% chord(with the not so heavy prop adapter)I might even be able to try the FD servos in it and still be around 45 grams.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 05:39 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,911 Posts
Forgot to post again since last time! The bird has flown now several time and proved a nice stable flyer. Wind is a problem around here to fly outdoor so I can only go out in the evening just before sun down I'll make the next build a bit heavier (this one's came out a 45 grams with 180mA bat.)to be less floatty. I'll also go for a build-up wing since the 3mm depron I have now show sign of actually flapping a bit
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:32 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Forgot to post again since last time! The bird has flown now several time and proved a nice stable flyer. Wind is a problem around here to fly outdoor so I can only go out in the evening just before sun down I'll make the next build a bit heavier (this one's came out a 45 grams with 180mA bat.)to be less floatty. I'll also go for a build-up wing since the 3mm depron I have now show sign of actually flapping a bit
You could just glue a cf rod along the wing length underneath to make stiff ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2