HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2011, 04:17 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
@markus here are the photos. I keep meaning to send them to you so I thought it would be easier just to post them so you don't delete the mail again Close up of the hecker transformer. It should be a little smaller overall in the height. It is about 1mm to big.
Jaja, silly me, I know. Thank you anyways. If I only would not be held so busy all times. I definately want to try out a helical.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2011, 04:39 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempo View Post
whakahere,

Nice twinstar what setup do you have on it ?

Yout pan-tilt sistem is this one : http://www.bevrc.com/bev-platic-pantilt-p-212.html ?

i have one too but i didn''t find the proper servos to use.

What servo do you have ? 180 degrees pan ?

Edit:

tomorrow i will try again to see if i can break the 1500m barrier .
thanks. Yes I have that pan and tilt. I use cheap xht900 in it but hitech55 i hear are better. I used a servo stretcher but in the end I just removed it.

my setup is 2200kv motors with 6x4 or 5x5 props. It is kept light so I use low amp draw for cruising but still get the top end speed so it doesn't stall. no need for more thrust. I CAN have 25 minutes+ of flight time with 3300mah batteries but I get a little bored and end up powering it around the place. I also have changed my camera mount. I use light foam balls form a local art store. Much stronger than that box I had before.

oh good luck on the 1.5km flight
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old May 26, 2011, 05:05 PM
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Jeff,
... using the proper tx&rx with GOOD CL and SPW antennas, there is no reason why you should not got out 2-3 km with this setup...
Hi,
I'm trying to switch from 2.4 to 5.8 because i have a 2.4GHz version of FatShark googles and want to use a separate rx then to retransmit to FatShark built in rx.
Lots of you are using foxtech 200mW tx, what about 500mW tx?
Markus, witch tx/rx would you recommend? (speaking about 5.8GHz)

Thanks
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Old May 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Dec 2010
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2 View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to switch from 2.4 to 5.8 because i have a 2.4GHz version of FatShark googles and want to use a separate rx then to retransmit to FatShark built in rx.
Lots of you are using foxtech 200mW tx, what about 500mW tx?
Markus, witch tx/rx would you recommend? (speaking about 5.8GHz)

Thanks
The 500mW Foxtech tx is the same as the 200mW version but with higher output. Because of that "overclocking" the 500mW version seems to die very often so i would not recommend the 500mW tx.
BKMorpheus is offline Find More Posts by BKMorpheus
Old May 27, 2011, 03:30 AM
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMorpheus View Post
The 500mW Foxtech tx is the same as the 200mW version but with higher output. Because of that "overclocking" the 500mW version seems to die very often so i would not recommend the 500mW tx.
Thanks

Are we talking about this set?
In other words: what is the bet place to get it?

PS. I'm from Europe
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Old May 27, 2011, 04:09 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Dec 2010
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2 View Post
Thanks

Are we talking about this set?
In other words: what is the bet place to get it?

PS. I'm from Europe
You can get it from foxtech, or
http://www.bevrc.com/bev-58g-200mw-p...-fpv-p-18.html

or from the netherlands (europe):
http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-transmi...prod_1081.html

HK also got the kit http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15295 but still at backorder.
BKMorpheus is offline Find More Posts by BKMorpheus
Old May 27, 2011, 05:38 AM
Back in Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2003
965 Posts
I have been out to 2.1 klm just with the standard antenna on this system, no poblems. I have some blue ray antennas now that I hope to try in the next week or so. I dont think I need to go further but I just hope it will be a stronger clearer signal. These are very good little Tx's.
hornant is offline Find More Posts by hornant
Old May 27, 2011, 06:18 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMorpheus View Post
You can get it from foxtech, or
http://www.bevrc.com/bev-58g-200mw-p...-fpv-p-18.html

or from the netherlands (europe):
http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-transmi...prod_1081.html

HK also got the kit http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15295 but still at backorder.
There are a few more places to get it such as lowpricedrc.com

the one from rangevideo uses different frequencies so be mindful if you head that direction.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:19 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornant View Post
I have been out to 2.1 klm just with the standard antenna on this system, no poblems. I have some blue ray antennas now that I hope to try in the next week or so. I dont think I need to go further but I just hope it will be a stronger clearer signal. These are very good little Tx's.
Sounds like you have a nice clean environment to fly in. You should push it to the limit on the spw and cl and see how far you can go.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:16 AM
//----\\
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
676 Posts
whakahere - very good distance! Yesterday we did some testing and got 1,6km with CL/SPW and 2.2km CL/Fox patch on 10-16mW module with 200mW module we pushed to 5km with CL and Fox patch... Rc link was Frsky + 7dBi patch.

It seems that 5.8Ghz range is very effected by the weather conditions. Some days the range is very low, but on a good day you can get relay far.
Coil is offline Find More Posts by Coil
Old May 27, 2011, 10:31 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coil View Post
whakahere - very good distance! Yesterday we did some testing and got 1,6km with CL/SPW and 2.2km CL/Fox patch on 10-16mW module with 200mW module we pushed to 5km with CL and Fox patch... Rc link was Frsky + 7dBi patch.

It seems that 5.8Ghz range is very effected by the weather conditions. Some days the range is very low, but on a good day you can get relay far.
I agree about the weather. This is true with all bands but 5.8ghz is effected a lot. I think I read somewhere it depends on the moisture content in the air as the water is reflecting the beam.

Try building yourself a helical antenna. I get great signal from that with very little dropout at range.
Old May 27, 2011, 01:01 PM
//----\\
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
676 Posts
I have two helix antennas 4 and 5 turns, but didn't have time to do a proper test. Maybe next week if weather permits.
Coil is offline Find More Posts by Coil
Old May 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2011
51 Posts
whakahere : repaired your fatshark? weather on sunday should be ok
rabe2000 is offline Find More Posts by rabe2000
Old May 28, 2011, 12:31 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabe2000 View Post
whakahere : repaired your fatshark? weather on sunday should be ok
I haven't repaired them yet. Does anyone know if the shielded cable has a voltage reg inside or if there is any special way that I need to wire it up?
So far my plan is to just wire up the video, ground and +ve lines.

I have ordered another from readymaderc but I think It should be too hard to repaire what I have.

I hope I get some flying in on sunday. I have work all weekend writing reports (school teacher and it is end of year).

Edit: not finished writing reports but I fixed my cable. Can fly tomorrow if the weather is okay.
Last edited by whakahere; May 28, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old May 28, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
51 Posts
cool sometimes one have to set priorities
hopefully tomorrow good results from your helix,
good luck and happy landings
Ralf

built a 5 turn yesterday, maybe test tomorrow.
rabe2000 is offline Find More Posts by rabe2000