HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2012, 12:48 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,039 Posts
I own this but have not do any real fpv with it yet still looking for a camera, at we have a small school football field that are surrounded by tree will it effect the signal if I'm flying up high and distant?
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 01:16 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,215 Posts
Yes, a lot if the tree is between you and the plane.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 29, 2012, 01:33 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Yes, a lot if the tree is between you and the plane.
here some view of it:

this the tree

more tree but I have a straight view

RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 01:47 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
386 Posts
If you make a flight plan and keep a high enough altitude you could avoid the trees interfering with your video/RC signal.
futurebreeze is offline Find More Posts by futurebreeze
Old May 29, 2012, 01:52 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurebreeze View Post
If you make a flight plan and keep a high enough altitude you could avoid the trees interfering with your video/RC signal.
I guess I only know when i try it, but don't dare to try it yet as if crash 100% i wont be seeing it anymore as it a jungle on the other side :P, still sourcing for a OSD with RTH, I guess better stick with park flying for now

attached
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; May 29, 2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:57 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,215 Posts
RTH won't help if failsafe occurs behind the tree, will thing the shortest path to home is exactly passing through the tree, and quess what's next ...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 29, 2012, 02:01 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
4,888 Posts
yebbut RTH is usually with a default altitude which can be set well above the height of the tree(s). and Skellator can ensure he is higher than the tree before exiting the park.

Much scarier here where I live the trees are 100ft+ tall and they are in every direction.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
RTH won't help if failsafe occurs behind the tree, will thing the shortest path to home is exactly passing through the tree, and quess what's next ...
I thought we can set safe altitude for RTH? i don't know i don't have one yet , I heard you could , mostly the tree here are not 100ft tall
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 03:05 AM
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
Nova osd with rth does not have any function to set the safe altitude for RTH but It keeps the altitude very good in rth mode. If you fly high enough above the tree, rth will keep that altitude and bring your plane back. (if you have done the correct failsafe with rth)
Here is my video testing of dx7 and ar7000 failsafe with Nova osd rth. In the flight, the signal had been lost three times, but the failsafe and rth kept the plane went on and got home safety.
FPV 2km from base with DX7 stock antenna (6 min 13 sec)
tuongnhu is online now Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Old May 29, 2012, 03:25 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuongnhu View Post
Nova osd with rth does not have any function to set the safe altitude for RTH but It keeps the altitude very good in rth mode. If you fly high enough above the tree, rth will keep that altitude and bring your plane back. (if you have done the correct failsafe with rth)
Here is my video testing of dx7 and ar7000 failsafe with Nova osd rth. In the flight, the signal had been lost three times, but the failsafe and rth kept the plane went on and got home safety.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AwP1FyRj8
nova is the cheapest option but the only source with cheap shipping it out of stock (foxtech) ebay only 2 seller but I have bad experience with both sellers
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Dec 2006
212 Posts
I bought it from himodel with the china ems shipping cost about $10. It 's fast and not too expensive. it is instock now:
CYCLOPS NOVA OSD System W/GPS (Capacity consuming bug fixed)
tuongnhu is online now Find More Posts by tuongnhu
Old May 29, 2012, 03:57 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuongnhu View Post
I bought it from himodel with the china ems shipping cost about $10. It 's fast and not too expensive. it is instock now:
CYCLOPS NOVA OSD System W/GPS (Capacity consuming bug fixed)
Thanks Just ordered one!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
RC-805 5.8 GHz Receiver A/V Plug

Hello,

I found a discussion on the A/V plug pin out for the RC305 receiver, however I have a 508 that did not come with an A/V plug. Pictured on HK is a 4 pole mini jack (2.5 mm) with only two (2) RCA connections (1 audio and video). The 305 shows three RCA's (vid and 2 audio). As mentioned in previous discussion, the "standard" in cable wiring vary's from manufacture to manufacture, country to country...

Does anyone have an 805 that can help confirm the following:
1. what is the length of the plug connector (radioshack has 2, 3 and 4 pole 2.5 mm adapters but they are shorter than the 3.5 mm plugs)?
2. what is the corresponding layers of the minijack to RCA connector?
3. is this unit putting out a single channel of audio or splitting to Left / Right?

thanks for any input... right now, with the "shortened" 2.5 mini plug, I have to slightly pull the plug out, to get the connection to work (not sure if i'm removing an audio channel from the "tip" but it makes the connection not secure...

cheers!
Gotwings is offline Find More Posts by Gotwings
Old May 29, 2012, 09:34 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotwings View Post
Hello,

I found a discussion on the A/V plug pin out for the RC305 receiver, however I have a 508 that did not come with an A/V plug. Pictured on HK is a 4 pole mini jack (2.5 mm) with only two (2) RCA connections (1 audio and video). The 305 shows three RCA's (vid and 2 audio). As mentioned in previous discussion, the "standard" in cable wiring vary's from manufacture to manufacture, country to country...

Does anyone have an 805 that can help confirm the following:
1. what is the length of the plug connector (radioshack has 2, 3 and 4 pole 2.5 mm adapters but they are shorter than the 3.5 mm plugs)?
2. what is the corresponding layers of the minijack to RCA connector?
3. is this unit putting out a single channel of audio or splitting to Left / Right?

thanks for any input... right now, with the "shortened" 2.5 mini plug, I have to slightly pull the plug out, to get the connection to work (not sure if i'm removing an audio channel from the "tip" but it makes the connection not secure...

cheers!
1.) 4 pole, 11.5mm

2) From tip to base, nc, audio, video gnd

3) Like all SkyRf based products it's mono audio only (single channel as you say).

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old May 29, 2012, 09:39 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotwings View Post
Hello,

I found a discussion on the A/V plug pin out for the RC305 receiver, however I have a 805....
To others who don't have this rx but plan on buying one. Stay clear. Get the RC 305 instead.

Reasons:

#1, The 805 has all connections on one end, which leads to the A/V plug ending up in the nearfield of the rx antenna. Very bad.
#2, For unknown reasons the HF module is mounted diagonally on the carrying power supplying PCB board. This leads to uneven lenghts of the mass connection to the antenna and a somewhat longer, bow shaped antenna trace to the SMA connector. This is 5.8Ghz where things like this truly are very very bad ideas.
#3, the design is so broken cause the housing aparently comes from some small remote controll and someone decided to squeeze this rx into the same housing. The compromises as outlined above are probably ok for a baby monitoring application but definately not for FPV where we want to squeeze out the maximum of those video links.

HTH

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456