SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:36 AM
Flying like an Angel.
BlueAngel2000's Avatar
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Maybe.
Would be nice to see a comparison from you.


I watched my videos and in my latest i have almost reached 450m with the 16mW transmitter.
but picture quality was already really bad:


What i noticed too, is that i loose sound with the SKY-RF 16mW at around 300m.
The airwave system has clear sound at 500m + in stereo.

Don't know if my 16mW is not that good as other ones, because my one is quite old. (almost 1 year old)
I have to buy another one to make better comparisons + i will order another 25mW Airwave transmitter module to verify the results.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:46 AM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
That is really interesting. So The overall picture is better or is it just better at range?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:52 AM
Flying like an Angel.
BlueAngel2000's Avatar
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
I would say the Airwave system is overall better and for sure at range maximum.
With the SKY-RF system the noise gets more and more till drop outs.
With the Airwave system the noise gets only more at the edge of range and than the drop outs came pretty hard.
That means flying at the edge of range is with the airwave system a little more risky than the SKY-RF system.

But till now my results are not 100% bulletproof.
I have to cross test with two other modules to verify the result.
Otherwise i could have just tested one bad sky-rf module against a good airwave module.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:38 AM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
I would say the Airwave system is overall better and for sure at range maximum.
With the SKY-RF system the noise gets more and more till drop outs.
With the Airwave system the noise gets only more at the edge of range and than the drop outs came pretty hard.
That means flying at the edge of range is with the airwave system a little more risky than the SKY-RF system.

But till now my results are not 100% bulletproof.
I have to cross test with two other modules to verify the result.
Otherwise i could have just tested one bad sky-rf module against a good airwave module.
bugger. So there goes my theory on the cheap chinese systems being better Well They cost less so I will go with that for now! Thanks for finding this out guys. If you have any videos to share of each please post them up.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 01:15 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Hello,
and what about 600mW ImmersionRC. I just can't find a receiver for Airwave tx, Immersions rx is way too expensive

By the way, maybe someone is using 500mW 2.4GHz with FatSharks?
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 01:56 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
...
25mW AWM661TX with CL
AWM682RX with SPW
...
Are these stock Airwave modules?
Asking because Sander claimed in the past about the units used in the 2.4Ghz gear that his units are not from the shelf, but modified.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:22 AM
Flying like an Angel.
BlueAngel2000's Avatar
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Are these stock Airwave modules?
Asking because Sander claimed in the past about the units used in the 2.4Ghz gear that his units are not from the shelf, but modified.
Yes, stock Airwave modules from nghobbies-com or Active-Robots.com.

I use the standard 10mW AWM651TX module too and have flown 1800m without problems.
But i use Comtech receivers for 2,4GHz. Better than the Airwave.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:16 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
But i use Comtech receivers for 2,4GHz. Better than the Airwave.
Where do you get them from?
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:19 AM
Flying like an Angel.
BlueAngel2000's Avatar
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2 View Post
Where do you get them from?
ebay: ZT707 receiver:
http://cgi.ebay.at/ZT707-4-Kanal-Rec...item256479bab7

or the little better ones from ngh:
http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=348

or here:
http://www.bevrc.com/bev-24g-gp707-rx-for-fpv-p-12.html
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:21 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,502 Posts
These?
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=273&page=1
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:04 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Thanks, how do you know they are comtech? there is nothing mentioned about it? Im just looking something good for 5.8, do they produce something for that?
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Last edited by aSa2; Jun 07, 2011 at 04:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:10 AM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2 View Post
Thanks, how do you know they are comtech? there is nothing mentioned about it? Im just looking something good for 5.8, do they produce something for that?
Get the 200mW/RC305 combo abailable in many stores. Best bang for the buck. The RC305 is having -90dB senstivity which will compensate easily the 200mW versus 500mW (or 600mW) tx power from other offerings.

The "trouble" mentioned earlier in this thread relate to the 16mW transmitter modules, not the formentioned combo.

If you want better quality on the transmitter, check this thread out (yes, it's me there so take it with the apropriate grain of salt).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1404925

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:15 AM
Kiwi in Germany
whakahere's Avatar
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Get the 200mW/RC305 combo abailable in many stores. Best bang for the buck. The RC305 is having -90dB senstivity which will compensate easily the 200mW versus 500mW (or 600mW) tx power from other offerings.

The "trouble" mentioned earlier in this thread relate to the 16mW transmitter modules, not the formentioned combo.

If you want better quality on the transmitter, check this thread out (yes, it's me there so take it with the apropriate grain of salt).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1404925

Markus
I agree the 305 is a great bang for you buck. I fly 1km with a great picture. I am sure I could spend a few hundred more and get a better picture but really I just don't need it that bad. When I need a better picture for a much longer range I use 2.4ghz on the 2510 band. So really, the 305 is great for what it does and I will continue to use it .. happily too!

Now you can get markus' transmitter and that has better filtering. Still you can't complain about going 6km on standard gear.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:16 AM
Flying like an Angel.
BlueAngel2000's Avatar
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2 View Post
Thanks, how do you know they are comtech? there is nothing mentioned about it? Im just looking something good for 5.8, do they produce something for that?
Just buy the standard RC305 receiver from one of the stores: BEVRC, Foxtech, himodel, lowpricerc

and buy the transmitter from Markus + his CL and SPW antennas and you will have the perfect system.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:07 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
237 Posts
Just saw my questions answered

Markus,
I was following that thread, do you still sell your tx? I have understood that you don't, at least are not very intrested in making them for selling
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Poor range: Identifiy this 5.8Ghz(?) antenna nosaari FPV Talk 7 Aug 12, 2013 12:48 AM
Cool Hobbyking has cheap 5.8ghz 200mW sets. SargeNZ FPV Talk 7 Mar 06, 2012 09:32 AM
Discussion 5.8ghz 200mw on Blade 120 SR - pics Vitamin_J FPV Talk 2 Mar 27, 2011 10:25 AM
Sold FPV a/v system 5.8ghz 200mW NEW karolpenconek FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 22, 2011 08:01 PM
Sold 5.8GHz / 200mW Video Tx and Rx. New. Mr.RC-CAM FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 02, 2010 09:07 PM