HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2011, 10:31 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Discussion
GE ... the left's Haliburton ... lobbied for LED bulbs and closing US plants and jobs

In short ... GE lobbies to get law passed that will make incandescent bulbs illegal ... thereby shutting down plants ( and losing hundreds of jobs) in the US while GE then ramps up manufacturing of these new LED bulbs in factories in China ...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/op-eds...s-factory-jobs
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old May 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
David Drowns
Southern California
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
GE blamed environmental regulations for the closing.

So, GE gets environmentalist brownie points for selling “clean” light bulbs, and they also get to charge more for their bulbs.
Been hearing about this for a while. So GE may be getting behind it to put profits in front of, of, well, the freedom of choice and the American way.

GE, You can buy better, but you can't pay more.
Mig Man is offline Find More Posts by Mig Man
Last edited by Mig Man; May 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:18 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
GE? Left??
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old May 18, 2011, 06:28 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
GE? Left??
This article from the extremely right Huffington Post might help explain such!Seems like O and Jeffrey Immelt are in the same political bed so to speak.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old May 18, 2011, 06:57 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
GE? Left??
Oh HELL ya!! CEO Immelt is H's right hand man!!

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...e96f27629.html
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old May 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Oh HELL ya!! CEO Immelt is H's right hand man!!
I think its more like "Obama's Pocket Businessman".
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old May 18, 2011, 08:31 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
GE? Left??
dude ... where have you been? The CEO of GE has been a huge supporter of the left ... heck, he was just appointed to some sort of commision/board by Obama ... GE owns news media outlets that pander to the left ...
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old May 18, 2011, 08:35 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
dude ... where have you been? The CEO of GE has been a huge supporter of the left ... heck, he was just appointed to some sort of commision/board by Obama ... GE owns news media outlets that pander to the left ...
Their also Big Business (tm), a huge defense contractor and they don't treat employees well. Doesn't sound very left to me-maybe they just play both sides to hedge their bets.
Old May 18, 2011, 08:36 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
One big left wing cabal Honestly, it's orders of magnitude above Cheney's link to Haliburton. Remember, Haliburton has to compete for government bids. H clears the way for GE
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old May 18, 2011, 08:36 AM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,125 Posts
Nukies by G E are perfectly safe as the can be.

Just ask Obama. He IS the nukie ( G E ) biggest pusher of the Fuku shima reactor designs in the USA. Especially those that ........DO NOT .............have unlimited water supplies availiable for ..........immediate........ cooling after a earthquake.

Storing all the fuel rods in a simple swimming pool is a perfectly safe design.

Ask Obama & Immeltedown.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old May 18, 2011, 08:41 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
Just ask Obama. He IS the nukie ( G E ) biggest pusher of the Fuku shima reactor designs in the USA. Especially those that ........DO NOT .............have unlimited water supplies availiable for ..........immediate........ cooling after a earthquake.

Storing all the fuel rods in a simple swimming pool is a perfectly safe design.

Ask Obama & Immeltedown.
What are the alternatives? Coal ends up killing more people, solar and wind ain't enough. Turn out more lights?
Old May 18, 2011, 08:43 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
One big left wing cabal Honestly, it's orders of magnitude above Cheney's link to Haliburton. Remember, Haliburton has to compete for government bids. H clears the way for GE
So it's just like all else then-BOHICA.
Old May 18, 2011, 08:52 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Why would anyone think that Corp.America gives ah rats butt about America. All they want is our money and to stack the deck in there favor in order
to force us to pay them. Pretty sad considering they enjoy our freedoms of capitalism.
I put the blame on our corrupt politicians for selling us out countless times and still getting re-elected by the voters. So its safe to say we deserve 1/2 the blame.
jumpinjo is offline Find More Posts by jumpinjo
Last edited by jumpinjo; May 18, 2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 08:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Honest question here ....................( or two .... Ok well , , maybe even a bunch of em )

Any one else of you get the feeling that no matter who is in charge , us , the average joes , are guarenteed to get boned ? Its no secret that I vote "R" , , and ive previously explained why ( in a nutshell , i'd be afraid to live in a country with so many crooks and an unarmed population , and the "D"s have wanted to take the guns away for years ! ) but im not blind to the fact that there ARE crooks on both the R and L sides .

Exactly which of the "checks and balances" system is failing to allow such crookedness to exist ?

And why should some old retired mechanic even have to be asking these kinds of questions ? If my machines didnt run , and run well every day , , , I'd have never made it to retirement , I'd have been fired in the first week on the job ........... So , since our country is so financially broken , why havnt we fired ALL of these jokers and tried our best to find the few honest joes left in the country to fix the money side of things back up .

Someboby , somewhere , aint doin right , , , , , , and it aint ME
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,125 Posts
People DO NOT understand 1 basic problem with Radioactive ANYTHING.

It NEVER dissapates fast enough, once it is activated for Reactors OR Nuclear Medicines injected into a person.

NO ONE can EVER put out a Nuclear Fire once it starts. It " BURNS FOREVER "".
Millions of years.
That is how long the the world is being rained on by ALL nuclear accidents.

Bussiness people running ANY government. Is a " Weapon of Mass Destruction ".

Chernobyl, Bopal, India, Army Corp of Engineers .. Missisippi River Division, Fukushima Burning fuel rods, ALL nuclear reactors. Etc.

Wall Street & the Futures & Commodities Markets.

Solar, wind, tidal..wave action ARE 24 hour a day sources. VERY SAFE in any screw up. Ocean power IS RIGHT NEXT TO the largest cities. Very LOW COST to tie into.

Why NOT ?????

Ask ANY big energy supplier. SCREW YOU. If you think we are going to change anything. We have it made the way it is.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2