HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:12 AM
Norway
Joined Jan 2009
92 Posts
Picture of this winters two projects. One is an own design to test a different hull, the other is modified Laker. I do hope I have them ready to fly when the ice and snow is gone.
Himat is offline Find More Posts by Himat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
71% of the world is runway . .
Nederland, ZH, Oostvoorne
Joined Jun 2009
1,709 Posts
Its still in the very early desing stage but i thought it would be nice to post some pics . . .

Name: 1.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 23.8 KB
Description: Name: 2.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 24.4 KB
Description: Name: 3.jpg
Views: 55
Size: 28.1 KB
Description:

Name: 4.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 24.7 KB
Description: Name: 5.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 20.7 KB
Description: Name: 6.jpg
Views: 54
Size: 19.2 KB
Description:

Cheers,

Bart
Bart83 is offline Find More Posts by Bart83
Last edited by Bart83; Feb 15, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:55 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,031 Posts
Beautiful!

Looks like a challenging design exercise and build, Bart.
How big are you planning it to be?
Cheers,
PeteM
Petem is offline Find More Posts by Petem
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:40 PM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,136 Posts
The Mars looks awesome Bart! I need to learn to do 3D modeling so I can make models for my simulators
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,709 Posts
@ petem , i attached a screen with the empire and short S23 together , both boats are in 1/16.5 the empire has a ws of 208cm

@ Warhead : thanks , i really like your goose desing !!

Cheers,

Bart
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:52 AM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,470 Posts
Candy for the eyes Bart!

Cheers!

Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:32 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
867 Posts
Bart you've definitely caught the attention of all the flying boat fanatics out there myself included. Next up a Mars? Really? Watching closely and keep up great work!
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:50 PM
Planely Addicted
1236 Fremont St. Lancaster, PA 17603-6812
Joined Mar 2005
65 Posts
Bart

What a talented man you are. I don't think I belong in this group.
I only build arfs and fly them. Nitro and electric.

Fred
Fred Dings, II is offline Find More Posts by Fred Dings, II
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
251 Posts
The skill exhibited by builders here is spellbinding. Oh well, it gives us more clumsy folks something toward which to aspire. Here is my first effort, the GP .40 ARF on floats:
Lambro is offline Find More Posts by Lambro
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:44 AM
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
Not more clumsy, just less experience. Like amything else, the more planes you build, the better and faster you build them.
Now days, most people in R/C start with an ARF. Having time to build seems to be harder and harder to come up with.
I built and flew control line planes when I was young, but never got into R/C. Finally started in R/C with a .60 size Tower Hobbies trainer ARF. I was training with the Tower plane and building a Cub at the same time. Hadn't built a kit in 40 years but it all came right back to me.
The ARF guys would all do well if they build a kit. It teaches them the techniques they will need to repair the ARFs they like to fly.
I have several planes in my hanger that are whet I call rescues. They are ARF planes that were crashed and the owner had no desire to even try to repair it. I got them got nothing, or next to nothing and turned them into great flying planes.
We all started out someplace. Most guys now days start with an ARF but quite a few still make the effort to build at least one plane from a kit.
Don't sell yourself short because your plane is not from a kit. You are flying and that's what is important.

Dave
Detroit Dave is offline Find More Posts by Detroit Dave
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Dave View Post
Not more clumsy, just less experience. Like amything else, the more planes you build, the better and faster you build them.
Now days, most people in R/C start with an ARF. Having time to build seems to be harder and harder to come up with.
I built and flew control line planes when I was young, but never got into R/C. Finally started in R/C with a .60 size Tower Hobbies trainer ARF. I was training with the Tower plane and building a Cub at the same time. Hadn't built a kit in 40 years but it all came right back to me.
The ARF guys would all do well if they build a kit. It teaches them the techniques they will need to repair the ARFs they like to fly.
I have several planes in my hanger that are whet I call rescues. They are ARF planes that were crashed and the owner had no desire to even try to repair it. I got them got nothing, or next to nothing and turned them into great flying planes.
We all started out someplace. Most guys now days start with an ARF but quite a few still make the effort to build at least one plane from a kit.
Don't sell yourself short because your plane is not from a kit. You are flying and that's what is important.

Dave
I Agree , everyone does this hobby on its own level , i started with hand launch gliders years ago and i also had many arf planes.

Cheers,

Bart
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wigan
Joined Jul 2011
756 Posts
i think the following photograph definately fits the "show us your float planes" title of this thread...

Wet Wings Model Flying Club put on its first public display at the Northern modelling Exhibition in Manchester UK this weekend..

show our float planes we did!

David
how much is offline Find More Posts by how much
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,709 Posts
Nice stand David !! you where right , your sunderland is done sooner than my Empire
Name: S23 (6).jpg
Views: 61
Size: 36.1 KB
Description:

Cheers,

Bart
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:23 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
878 Posts
went to Parker Canyon Lake (near Tucson, AZ) on Friday. had a great time. This is a 1/4 scale Cub with 160 twin.
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:40 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,061 Posts
Nice pics there guys. That is a beautiful cub you have there.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1