HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined May 2011
42 Posts
Probably Futuba/Spectrum receiver can be added, like some fellow members of this forum did on the Kestrel 500 SX. Now the question is how many people would get it ARF (put your 6ch receiver and fly) and how many would prefer the toy-style TX.

On a side note, strange there are not many electrics having a 3.7V battery along with a 32cm rotor diameter. Usually 2-3 cells for this rotor diameter.
McCauley is offline Find More Posts by McCauley
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:50 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

I bought a NE Cessna BNF last year. But the rx did not bind to my (2) NE P-47 (plane) tx. Ordered a spare Cessna (Sky Eagle) rx at Clubheli, thought the rx of my plane was cracked.
The new rx also does NOT bind to the tx.
Asked Rick (Clubheli) - no solution.

So probably there are even more different Nine Eagles tx/rx systems - maybe even two different systems for planes (Extra 300 and Sky Eagle/Cessna 7.4 V, P-47, Spitfire, Yak, ... 3.7 V).
Its a pitty, its a shame, ...

Walter
It is frustrating, and the only thing I can say is NE is VERY aware of the issue. They aren't going to ignore the issue and hope it goes away. For the most part, they have made changes to the helis that made sense, and everybody wanted to see. The fact that they acknowledge the issue is a good start. With that being said, there is no solution "around the corner" yet, but it's got their attention.
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:03 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
It is frustrating, and the only thing I can say is NE is VERY aware of the issue. They aren't going to ignore the issue and hope it goes away. For the most part, they have made changes to the helis that made sense, and everybody wanted to see. The fact that they acknowledge the issue is a good start. With that being said, there is no solution "around the corner" yet, but it's got their attention.
I'm not surprised they are aware of this issue, they created this issue themselves...

Look, if the new TXs had some clear advantages over the older ones, like less problems with interference, better range, etc, we could understand, but releasing a TX for almost every plane or heli, except for the Solo Pro, Solo coax and Kestrel familiy, is crazy. Almost seems like NE isn't in control when making another plane or heli, and the factory that designs and makes the model can decide for themselves what protocol is used for the TX...

Considering the compatibility between all helis of the earlier generations, like the ones I mentioned, it shows that in the past NE was watching over compatibility, but it seems lately they've dropped their attention from it, and let their focus on this issue slip...

I like the reports and things I've seen about the 328, and the 100 size CP looks promising as well, but if every heli needs a new TX to control it, I will also consider other brands for a small size CP or a bigger FP. With TX compatibility, I would only have considered other brands if the NE offering would turn out to be less than satisfactory. I think more people who currently have a Solo Pro or other NE heli, have been waiting for the new NE heli, to keep compatibility with their current helis, but with this path cut off, other offerings (mCP X, V100D03BL, and the Align 100 3G) might get more tempting.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:06 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
On a side note, strange there are not many electrics having a 3.7V battery along with a 32cm rotor diameter. Usually 2-3 cells for this rotor diameter.
The SR 120 and most of the Walkera 120 helis use a single cell battery.

Sorry about my mistake re the spare blades, it wasn't listed on your site when I last looked, but I see that you have now updated the listing.

Did anyone else notice the price at ClubHeli? $115.99 RTF - nice!

Hey Rick, what method do you use for the $25 international shipping option?
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:36 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
Hey Rick, what method do you use for the $25 international shipping option?[/QUOTE]

yep in interested in this too rick
beatlejohn is offline Find More Posts by beatlejohn
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:05 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Re the TX compatibility, I can tolerate it (the lack of compatibility) within their current RTF TX's. I don't like it but I will put up with it...

What I will not tolerate is their new programmable TX's not having full backwards and forwards compatibility. It defeats the whole purpose really, as if I'm going to spend 100's of dollars on a programmable TX that only works with a few select models.

With E-Flite you can grab a Spektrum TX and fly every one of their planes or helis with it. Same deal with Walkera, grab a 2801 Pro and you will never have to buy another TX again. Even Walkera's non programmable TX's work across the entire range within the same class. E.g. 2401/2402/2403 operates all 4 channel helis. 2601/2602/2603 operates all 6 channel helis.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Last edited by Frank_fjs; Jun 08, 2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:19 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
are these coming in any other colours besides red and yellow rick. i love the blue 260 the best out of all 3 so would be cool to see a blue one of the 328. a green would look sweet also!
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:14 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
I can put up wit a new TX. It doesn't bother me to have one for each plane or heli.
What does bother me is that they are including those awkward kiddy style ones.
I'd really like to buy that heli but because of the Tx, I'll reluctantly pass on this one unless they eventually offer a full size one that will work with it.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:19 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
The SR 120 and most of the Walkera 120 helis use a single cell battery.

Sorry about my mistake re the spare blades, it wasn't listed on your site when I last looked, but I see that you have now updated the listing.

Hey Rick, what method do you use for the $25 international shipping option?
The heli will ship Priority Mail International through USPS.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:25 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlejohn View Post
are these coming in any other colours besides red and yellow rick. i love the blue 260 the best out of all 3 so would be cool to see a blue one of the 328. a green would look sweet also!
Not right now...They are sticking with the Red and Yellow. The Blue "SOAR" is made only for the Chinese vendors. It allowed NE to see the distribution channels from China, which is why we don't sell the SOAR. If they made a blue 328A, it too would probably stay in China. All blue 260's sold in the US/Canada/Europe/ETC are bought from a Chinese trading company, not NE. It would be nice to see a couple other colors though.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:50 PM
Almost expert level crasher
Canada, ON, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post

At that price point, the Blade 120 SR is at a real disadvantage. It seems the two helis are just too similar to not think they're not in direct competition.
Mikey1 is offline Find More Posts by Mikey1
Old Jun 08, 2011, 04:18 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
At that price point, the Blade 120 SR is at a real disadvantage. It seems the two helis are just too similar to not think they're not in direct competition.
They are definitely direct competitors. Only minor differences between the 2. The RTF package will normally retail at $129.99. The current pricing is a preorder incentive we were able to put together. After the initial shipment arrives and all preorders are filled, the pricing will go to the $129.99.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 07:53 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
i live in australia rick and was wondering will the charger thats included work ok here or will i need an adaptor? or could i use my 260 charger??
Old Jun 09, 2011, 12:49 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I have the Solo Pro 260a V2 which is my current favourite - fast and tough, great for camping with that tx charge feature.

I had been tempted by the Free Spirit 220a which seems to now be discontinued and available at close-out prices ($60). I can see that the 220a and new 328a are completely different helis.

My question is this - why are they so different?

Is the 328a simply a larger and faster 260a based heli (which it obviously resembles) or is there something of the 220a in there? Or is it ground up new?

I am trying to determine what new flying experience the ~$145 (shipped to Canada) will bring me over my little Solo Pro V2.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 09, 2011, 01:03 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I am trying to determine what new flying experience the ~$145 (shipped to Canada) will bring me over my little Solo Pro V2.
To me, it looks like a scaled up Solo Pro. So, being larger should mean that it is a little more stable, less twitchy and better outdoors (also easier to see).

I don't think it will be as ideal for indoor use in tight quarters though.

The Free Spirit seems different in design. The head is different, it is a little heavier and a little larger. It uses a component based electrical system, with separate ESC and servos as opposed to the 328's integrated PCB. It also has a larger capacity 2 cell battery, and can fly for around 10-12 minutes on a single charge from what I've been told.

I wonder what the flight times of the 328 will be? I would hope for at least 8 minutes.

Here's a little comparison:

Free Spirit:
  • Overall Length: 441mm
  • Main Rotor Diameter: 375mm
  • Weight: 168.4g
  • Main Motor: Brushed 180
  • Battery: Two Cell 7.4V 600mAh
328:
  • Overall Length: 360mm
  • Main Rotor Diameter: 328mm
  • Weight: 108g
  • Main Motor: Brushed 180