to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:08 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Nice vid, for such a tight space you flew it pretty hard indeed. The earlier vids we saw, where the heli was flown indoor, the tail already reminded me of the Bravo SX, which has very good turn characteristics, great to hear the 328's handling reminds you of the Bravo SX.
The Bravo SX is my favorite NE heli, so it was great to have that similiar feel. We'll see how it goes from here....
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:10 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
At that selling time will also be available all spare parts and extra batteries?

Thank you for such good news and video.
We can all hope It will probably be just like every new heli. Choppers come first, then parts come after. We're trying to get everything here as close together as possible.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:14 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlejohn View Post
can we pre order rick??
Absolutely. Once we get order confirmation, we'll open the preorders up. The first few shipments will be limited, so it's the fairest way to do things. We're only going to list preorders available for the first shipment, so no worries about getting bumped to the second shipment.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
The present plane TX is not compatible with the helis, true, but they might still offer the same "alter the antenna position to switch modes" functionality. The new TXs are different, perhaps these will use the same method as the Align 100 TX, by moving the stick units around?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
I do recall a banner that stated that the X6 Pro was mode switchable:

Can only assume this would apply to their other new TX's as well.
Many modern transmitters are mode switchable, but it just won't help me if one transmitter cannot be used to control planes and helis at the same time. In fact, it seems that not one NE transmitter can control all their helis.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:27 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Many modern transmitters are mode switchable, but it just won't help me if one transmitter cannot be used to control planes and helis at the same time. In fact, it seems that not one NE transmitter can control all their helis.
Rick, can you check if the 328 TX can bind to the planes like the P47 or the Extra? It would be nuts to have 3 TX standards in the same brand, and offer no compatibility.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jun 07, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:25 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Found some pictures of the packaging:

Not sure if the spare main and tail blades will make it to the production versions, Rick doesn't make mention of them so I guess Nine Eagles decided to exclude them, which is a shame.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:49 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,291 Posts
So they even use the well known TX design, but it's not compatible with anything else? In case this TX can also not be bound to the planes (hope Rick can confirm this soon) that means we have 3 types of TX with the same appearance. Talking about confusing...
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:29 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
that means we have 3 types of TX with the same appearance. Talking about confusing...
But they all have differently coloured stickers!

Confusing isn't the right word, frustrating is.

It should just be a no-brainer to Nine Eagles, if you're using the same TX amongst different products, make them all compatible. It shouldn't be a (non-existent) luxury to use the one TX across all products, it should be a given.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:37 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
[...]The packaging is typical NE. Cardboard box with styrofoam. The kit includes the heli, TX, AA batteries, 1 lipo, charger, power supply, 1 extra set of main blades and an extra tail blade.[...]
Quote:
[...]Not sure if the spare main and tail blades will make it to the production versions, Rick doesn't make mention of them so I guess Nine Eagles decided to exclude them, which is a shame.
They are included

The content of the package was shown at beginning of the video on June 03.

When I saw the classic NE TX I was in the hope it could be compatible with other old models but .....
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:05 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Not sure if the spare main and tail blades will make it to the production versions, Rick doesn't make mention of them so I guess Nine Eagles decided to exclude them, which is a shame.
Yup..check post #83. Main blades and 1 tail blade are included....Nice touch.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:06 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Rick, can you check if the 328 TX can bind to the planes like the P47 or the Extra? It would be nuts to have 3 TX standards in the same brand, and offer no compatibility.
No luck so far....but I only have Extra's in stock. I only had time to try once, but they didn't bind.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:07 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
So they even use the well known TX design, but it's not compatible with anything else? In case this TX can also not be bound to the planes (hope Rick can confirm this soon) that means we have 3 types of TX with the same appearance. Talking about confusing...
They are just trying to keep things exciting...
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:26 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
They are just trying to keep things exciting...
Why didn't they call it the Free Spirit Pro or so, to add even more to the confusion...

3 identical looking TXs, not compatible, seems like a strange way to get things exciting. Don't they realize the BnF strategy of eFlite is one of the main reasons NE is still lagging a bit behind on this company? Apart from the fact that some say Blade has better quality and support, the BnF options is the main reason people keep buying the latest Blade stuff. It builds brand loyalty. Perhaps NE should look into that concept. I was really looking forward to binding all my helis so far to the same TX, with model memory, like people can do for ages on the DX6 and similar TXs. So that when I wanted to fly my Bravo SX in the living room, or a new CP NE heli outside, I don't have to get used to different stick feeling, etc. Now it still boils down to getting the right TX out for the thing you want to fly at that moment, then switch. If you have planes, the Solo Pro and this 328, you need 3 TXs? Why divert from compatibilty, with the older generation helis everything was possible, you could fly a Kestrel SX with the same TX as the Solo coax.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:15 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
I bought a NE Cessna BNF last year. But the rx did not bind to my (2) NE P-47 (plane) tx. Ordered a spare Cessna (Sky Eagle) rx at Clubheli, thought the rx of my plane was cracked.
The new rx also does NOT bind to the tx.
Asked Rick (Clubheli) - no solution.

So probably there are even more different Nine Eagles tx/rx systems - maybe even two different systems for planes (Extra 300 and Sky Eagle/Cessna 7.4 V, P-47, Spitfire, Yak, ... 3.7 V).
Its a pitty, its a shame, ...

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe