HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:20 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is worth pointing out that Nine Eagles has a good range of planes as well, much more complete than Walkera's. However, it won't help me much as I fly Mode 1 for planes and Mode 2 for helis.
On most of the planes you get the same design TX as with the Solo Pro, so you can switch between mode 1 and 2 within a minute. No need to switch stick units, just loosen the antenna, turn it around 180 degrees, and secure it again.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
On most of the planes you get the same design TX as with the Solo Pro, so you can switch between mode 1 and 2 within a minute. No need to switch stick units, just loosen the antenna, turn it around 180 degrees, and secure it again.
I don't think it will apply to the new transmitters. With the present ones, the plane Tx cannot be used on helis and vice versa even through the design is the same.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 06, 2011, 02:33 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I don't think it will apply to the new transmitters. With the present ones, the plane Tx cannot be used on helis and vice versa even through the design is the same.
The present plane TX is not compatible with the helis, true, but they might still offer the same "alter the antenna position to switch modes" functionality. The new TXs are different, perhaps these will use the same method as the Align 100 TX, by moving the stick units around?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 02:48 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I do recall a banner that stated that the X6 Pro was mode switchable:

Quote:
Convenient and efficient to switch from mode 1 to mode 2
Can only assume this would apply to their other new TX's as well.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:23 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
1st Flight

The 328A sample arrived today. This video is my first flight with it. It's tight quarters but it let me get a feel for it. After about 3 flights I'm pretty happy with it.

Nine Eagles Solo PRO 328A - First Test Flight (5 min 37 sec)
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Last edited by Rick Hauler; Jun 06, 2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:32 PM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Awesome vid Rick, the 328 looks TOO stable

Definitely my kind o heli.
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:53 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Great video, thanks Rick!

So, these should be available soon?

When you have the time, can you confirm or deny the compatibility between TX's please?

Some pictures of the box and packaging and all items included would be nice too, if you have the time.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:06 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Great video, thanks Rick!

So, these should be available soon?

When you have the time, can you confirm or deny the compatibility between TX's please?

Some pictures of the box and packaging and all items included would be nice too, if you have the time.
Availability will be a few weeks out. The sample I have came from a very small production run. It's not a prototype, so we can expect all the 328A's to perform like this one. I'm hoping we'll have them the first week of July.

I did confirm that the TX is not compatible with the other helis. It wouldn't bind to a SP or Bravo SX, and vice versa. It's a real shame they decided to go this way. I'm still trying to find out exactly why, and any info I get I will pass along. We are trying to arrange a launch special for the heli to help ease the pain of yet another TX.

I'll take pics of the packaging in the next day or 2, along with detailed pics of the heli. The packaging is typical NE. Cardboard box with styrofoam. The kit includes the heli, TX, AA batteries, 1 lipo, charger, power supply, 1 extra set of main blades and an extra tail blade.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:19 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
wow that looks NICE i want one
does it handle just like the 260 only bigger?
beatlejohn is offline Find More Posts by beatlejohn
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:26 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
We are trying to arrange a launch special for the heli to help ease the pain of yet another TX.
That would be much appreciated.

Quote:
I'll take pics of the packaging in the next day or 2, along with detailed pics of the heli. The packaging is typical NE. Cardboard box with styrofoam. The kit includes the heli, TX, AA batteries, 1 lipo, charger, power supply, 1 extra set of main blades and an extra tail blade.
Cool, everything you need seems to be present. What's the connection of the battery like? Does the charger only charge one battery at a time?

I quite enjoyed the way it handled in your video. It seemed to glide through the air and looked very smooth and predictable.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:26 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlejohn View Post
wow that looks NICE i want one
does it handle just like the 260 only bigger?
Haven't had a ton of stick time yet, but it handles very well. It turns left better than an SP. It actually reminds me more of a Bravo SX. It's adequately powered, and so far the tail is handling everything well. I think the most important part is that it doesn't suffer from the "nose up" syndrome like alot of other FP helis with 45 degree flybars. Transitions are really smooth once you get the feel for it. It's definitely fun to fly, and easy to keep moving. There was a slight breeze today during that video, and it handled well. I'll get her out in some stiffer wind to see what happens.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:31 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
That would be much appreciated.

Cool, everything you need seems to be present. What's the connection of the battery like? Does the charger only charge one battery at a time?

I quite enjoyed the way it handled in your video. It seemed to glide through the air and looked very smooth and predictable.
It uses a JST connector. The charger is the same they shipped with the Twingo. It charges 1 battery, and can be adjusted up to .7 amps.

Once you get the feel, it really is smooth. You'll notice in the beginning of the video I'm taking things a bit slower since I really didn't know how it was going to handle. But once I felt it was going to do what I thought it was, I opened it up. It never did anything I wasn't expecting. It was a tight space, so I'm curious to get her out in more space and see what she can do.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:41 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
thanks rick it sure looks really nice. this will deff be my next heli
beatlejohn is offline Find More Posts by beatlejohn
Old Jun 07, 2011, 12:47 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Haven't had a ton of stick time yet, but it handles very well. It turns left better than an SP. It actually reminds me more of a Bravo SX. It's adequately powered, and so far the tail is handling everything well. I think the most important part is that it doesn't suffer from the "nose up" syndrome like alot of other FP helis with 45 degree flybars. Transitions are really smooth once you get the feel for it. It's definitely fun to fly, and easy to keep moving. There was a slight breeze today during that video, and it handled well. I'll get her out in some stiffer wind to see what happens.
Nice vid, for such a tight space you flew it pretty hard indeed. The earlier vids we saw, where the heli was flown indoor, the tail already reminded me of the Bravo SX, which has very good turn characteristics, great to hear the 328's handling reminds you of the Bravo SX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:10 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
[...] I'm hoping we'll have them the first week of July. [...]
At that selling time will also be available all spare parts and extra batteries?

Thank you for such good news and video.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat