HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:56 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiaddict View Post
is it plugged correctly? could you have the connection upside down? it seems to me there was a longer connector blade on the bottom...
The red wire was on top in the original, so that's how I plugged it in. In the spirit of experimentation, I plugged it the other way. Same results, only with the motor spinning the other way, and a buzzing sound coming from the servos (so I guess I had it right the first time).

I tried binding again, just in case. Is the light on the board supposed to be green or red? I get a blinking red light, then it binds, goes to green for one second, then green goes off and is replaced by solid red.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Pontiac my other Obsession
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
the bind sequence is correct for the lights solid red to show the rx and tx bound.

I mentioned about the connector because mine is bare copper wire with black heat shrink and no visible indicator of polarity... I was just hoping for a easy fox for you, you should be flying and enjoying not fretting about the tail motor.
Sorry I can not add more...
Pontiaddict is offline Find More Posts by Pontiaddict
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:56 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
Is there a pot somewhere on the Rx that I could fiddle with? Might be the cause. Or some limit adjustments on the rudder channel. Though I doubt it since no matter what I wiggle, the RPM of the tail doesn't change at all.

What's frustrating here is that everything should work fine. Wires are correctly plugged in, Tx is bound, everything works except for speed control on the tail rotor. And since it's a brand new tail, I don't think the issue is there.

I doubt it's the ESC for the tail rotor -- if it burned out, I should not get power to the tail at all...

Good thing my Bravo SX is flying like a trooper or else I'd be really pissed at Nine Eagles right now.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:08 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Test subtrim mode and change gyro. Only a wild guess.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:26 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
Test subtrim mode
How do I access it on this Tx?

Quote:
change gyro.
It's a "brick" type electronic package. I don't think I can change the gyro without changing the whole thing.

And at $35+shipping on top of what I already spent in parts, another Rx brick would make this small helicopter more expensive to own than my new collective-pitch heli!

But hey, I was warned that heli-flying is an expensive hobby! (Mid-life crisis -- I tell my wife that it's still cheaper than a convertible...)
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:39 PM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
no you can adjust both subtrims and the gyro from the TX... search the thread re gyro..
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:47 PM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
start reading at post # 485
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:40 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
had a similar bout after a crash with my solo pro left servo was jambed and tail running till pulled the batt. cranked the servo down and reinserted batt and rebound and retrim then it worked. I also blew the rx board out with air not hard after a sand and wet grass crash after the tail was running uncontrolably. no explanation. tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
Played around with the trims and sub-trims, no effect whatsoever. Pulled the battery, put the battery back, bound the Tx repeatedly... Everything works perfectly first time, except yaw control. Tail rotor spins at the exact same RPM, always, from the moment the battery is plugged in, so it's getting power but the latter is not modulated in any way. An online search yielded no info on the topic; the Nine Eagles page is just a catalog so no help there either.

I'm going to keep fiddling with it for a little while more but I'm considering just selling off the 328 and staying away from NE from now on. I'm sure someone out there can use it for parts, or else has a spare Rx board they can fit. There's only so many things I can try with the plugs and Tx. The board itself doesn't look damaged (after all it worked when I ran the old motor with new wiring), so there's nothing to resolder or re-attach.

I could get a replacement Rx board, but it's going to be $45-50 with shipping, with no guarantee that it will a) solve the issue and b) work longer than a couple of flights. So far I'm already out around $125 all considered, and if I'm going to sink $170 or more in a chopper, I might as well invest in a better quality heli, like a Blade or Align.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:33 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
While looking into the wobble that has developed on my Bravo SX (Nine Eagles, you're getting on my nerves! ), I may have found an explanation for the unresponsive tail of the 328: possibly a burned-out transistor.

So now I at least have another avenue to explore. One of my coworkers used to do electronic assembly, maybe he can help me with this. A $1 transistor would be easier to swallow than a $35 new Rx, that's for sure...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 01:04 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post

It's a "brick" type electronic package. I don't think I can change the gyro without changing the whole thing.

And at $35+shipping on top of what I already spent in parts, another Rx brick would make this small helicopter more expensive to own than my new collective-pitch heli!

But hey, I was warned that heli-flying is an expensive hobby! (Mid-life crisis -- I tell my wife that it's still cheaper than a convertible...)
I'll trade you my fp125 for it . or we can have a double burial. I love my 328, my novus 125 fp will drive you to the nut house, just plain no good.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Last edited by tonytester; Oct 30, 2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelled double wrong something is always wrong
Old Oct 30, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:

I think there was a small misunderstanding.
In subtrim you can adjust gyro setting.
I think it's like 25-40 clicks down then tail should stop then try with 20 clicks up.
This should reset your gyro.
Maybe you already tried this?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 01:45 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
I think there was a small misunderstanding.
In subtrim you can adjust gyro setting.
I think it's like 25-40 clicks down then tail should stop then try with 20 clicks up.
This should reset your gyro.
I did fiddle with it, but perhaps not enough. Let's see:

1) Enter sub-trim mode: press button at the rear of the Tx until you hear a bit and trims all center. Correct?
2) Press rudder trim (left or right, doesn't matter?)
3) Press at least 25-40 clicks, or until tail rotor stops completely.
4) Press in reverse direction until tail rotor matches main rotor throttle.

Have I got the procedure right?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 01:48 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
I'll trade you my fp125 for it . or we can have a double burial. I love my 328, my novus 125 fp will drive you to the nut house, just plain no good.
Are we having fun yet?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
I did fiddle with it, but perhaps not enough. Let's see:

1) Enter sub-trim mode: press button at the rear of the Tx until you hear a bit and trims all center. Correct?
2) Press rudder trim (left or right, doesn't matter?)
3) Press at least 25-40 clicks, or until tail rotor stops completely.
4) Press in reverse direction until tail rotor matches main rotor throttle.

Have I got the procedure right?
Hi

Part 2 is wrong.
Trim button to use is for throttle.
Please follow solo pro/ bravo FAQ thread.