HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:47 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
I fly my mCP xs about 5 - 6 min with standard batteries (Eflite stock, Zippy 240 20c and 30c, Hyperion 240, Wellposer 250) and 9 min with Zippy 400 30c (no 3d flight, only cruising).

Solo Pro times are similar - depending on batteries.

Flight time seems to be very important - for new heli pilots.
But after a while you do not car about this any more.
Change batteries - you will have a lot of those after short time.

Better flying powerful for 3 minutes than flying weak for 6 minutes - always a matter of battery type.

Walter
I agree with your point, changing a battery is easy usually. However, one big drawback of short flying times is that performance drops quite fast, so you have to plan doing the more power needing moves in the beginning of the flight, and go easy the last minute(s) of the flight. A longer flight time means you have a longer time span of having almost full power available. A higher C battery will make this time span a bit longer, since voltage stays higher for a longer time.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:53 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts

Solo Maxx 3d? This is the first I've heard about it, cool! Got any more information about it?

Why was I not informed about this!
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:54 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
A higher C battery will make this time span a bit longer, since voltage stays higher for a longer time.
Hi,
but a higher C rate also makes the batteries heavier - compare the "old" Zippy 240 20C and the "new" Zippy 240 30C.
Anyway, of course a longer flighttime is preferable.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:57 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Yep, hopefully their fbl choice works out well. I'm really looking forward to getting a Solo Maxx 3D first, it just seems very forgiving. Then move to the 180.

I just feel like adding this picture of the new Hirobo EC-145 cause it's just so awesome.

I'm lucky to have stumbled into that picture with a solo maxx 3d in the corner, I have no other info on it.

Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Last edited by Steve1991; Jun 03, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:02 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,
but a higher C rate also makes the batteries heavier - compare the "old" Zippy 240 20C and the "new" Zippy 240 30C.
Anyway, of course a longer flighttime is preferable.

Walter
Not necessarily. For instance the Thunder Power 160 mAh 25C lipo is 4.00g, while the Nano Tech 160, which in testing was revealed to be between 15 and 20 C is 4.70g. So it heavily depends on type and brand if there is much, if any, weight increase.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:48 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
wow the 328 looks very impressive! any firm date for when its going to be available??
beatlejohn is offline Find More Posts by beatlejohn
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:22 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Lol, completely forgot to watch the video posted by Steve on the previous page, got caught up with the Maxx 3D!

Nice video, I'm impressed, I want one.

John, it seems the 328 is starting to appear in Asian markets now, so we should be able to get our hands on one by the end of the month. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:40 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
Yeh they look pretty cool frank might hold off on the free spirit & get a 328 depending on price.....

Course I can only just fly a solo pro lmao

Just like the size of this 328 for outside
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:25 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Are there three new tx coming out?

X6Pro, J5Pro and J6Pro

helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:34 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
John, the price for the RTF 328 kit is currently estimated at $140 (heli, TX, lipo battery, AA batteries, charger, screwdriver, manual). That price may change of course, it will most likely lower in price over time as the Solo Pro did and once Hong Kong vendors start stocking them they will be even cheaper.

At this stage, it looks like our Solo Pro TX's will not be compatible with the 328 and vice versa, so BNF is out of the question. This is unfortunate but it is what it is, we just have to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
Are there three new tx coming out?

X6Pro, J5Pro and J6Pro

Looks that way. I'm guessing that the X6Pro is the top of the line model, the J6Pro somewhere in the middle and the J5Pro the entry level TX.

I really hope that all of their new helis can share one TX. Life would be so much better if one of the new TX's could control all Nine Eagles helis, but this doesn't appear to be the case.
Last edited by Frank_fjs; Jun 03, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:42 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
the tx that come with the solo pro are pretty nice actually. the digi trim is pretty cool. and i like the mode 1 and 2 switching. yeh its a shame they cant all be bound to that tx but i also like having a tx for each but i understand wen u get addicted to this hobby u end up with LOTS of tx's over time i guess.
cant wait to see this heli on the market for us frank..... i was going to get a 120sr after a few months with the solo pro but after the little solo pros performance outside tonight im impressed with NE so think i'll be getting a 328
Last edited by beatlejohn; Jun 03, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old Jun 04, 2011, 07:19 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
All of my 4 channel helis are Blade but these new Nine Eagles have me really intrigued, and interested in considering buying some of these models in the future.

Too bad about TX incompatibility but I don't think that's a deal breaker.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
John, the price for the RTF 328 kit is currently estimated at $140 (heli, TX, lipo battery, AA batteries, charger, screwdriver, manual). That price may change of course, it will most likely lower in price over time as the Solo Pro did and once Hong Kong vendors start stocking them they will be even cheaper.

At this stage, it looks like our Solo Pro TX's will not be compatible with the 328 and vice versa, so BNF is out of the question. This is unfortunate but it is what it is, we just have to live with it.

Looks that way. I'm guessing that the X6Pro is the top of the line model, the J6Pro somewhere in the middle and the J5Pro the entry level TX.

I really hope that all of their new helis can share one TX. Life would be so much better if one of the new TX's could control all Nine Eagles helis, but this doesn't appear to be the case.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:58 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
All of my 4 channel helis are Blade but these new Nine Eagles have me really intrigued, and interested in considering buying some of these models in the future.

Too bad about TX incompatibility but I don't think that's a deal breaker.

Ed
The TX incompatibility is still not officially confirmed by actual release of heli and TX. I still don't understand why they would make such a move, as the success of Spektrum based stuff is at least partially a result of their TX standard. Releasing a 6 channel TX that would control all NE stuff so far, would mean a big step forward into the succesfull BnF market. On the other hand, releasing a new one would mean making more money, since all sets sold are RTF, but it might scare off some potential buyers, unless they are fully confident the final products fly so well, they will sell anyway.

But like I said before, we will have to wait till the first new helis hit the market.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2011, 10:02 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Yes I agree. It would be a "boneheaded" move for Nine Eagles not to follow the successful business model that E-Flite/Blade/Parkzone/Hobbyzone, etc. have with respect to radio equipment compatibility across their entire product lines.

I'm just hoping that these new transmitters pictured above such as the X6 Pro will be the answer to backward compatibility with the whole Nine Eagles line.

We live in such exciting times...don't we?

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
The TX incompatibility is still not officially confirmed by actual release of heli and TX. I still don't understand why they would make such a move, as the success of Spektrum based stuff is at least partially a result of their TX standard. Releasing a 6 channel TX that would control all NE stuff so far, would mean a big step forward into the succesfull BnF market. On the other hand, releasing a new one would mean making more money, since all sets sold are RTF, but it might scare off some potential buyers, unless they are fully confident the final products fly so well, they will sell anyway.

But like I said before, we will have to wait till the first new helis hit the market.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jun 05, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
It is worth pointing out that Nine Eagles has a good range of planes as well, much more complete than Walkera's. However, it won't help me much as I fly Mode 1 for planes and Mode 2 for helis.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw