HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2011, 02:00 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Well, got some bad news today. I had a message into NE confirming that the new 4-ch helis will be compatible with existing equipment, and the answer is a very surprising "No compatible". Our original order was supposed to be EZ-BIND helis and parts at first and bring the RTF's in a week or so later, but now there will be no EZ-BIND which is why we removed them from the site. I just got this information this morning. We will only be bringing in the RTF packages for now, since none of the existing radios are compatible (still figuring final cost). I didn't get a straight answer as to why, but the new 228A will also require it's own TX. As for news of the X6 solving this problem, that also doesn't look good. The X6 will not support all NE helicopters as expected..atleast not at the moment. Still trying to get more information, but looks like TX accumulation isn't going to go away. Right now the 328A, 228A and 318A (Solo PRO 180) will have seperate, non-compatible TX's.
I expect to have our 328A sample helis very shortly, so I'll verify this with an actual unit as soon as we receive them.
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2011, 02:17 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
Well, got some bad news today. I had a message into NE confirming that the new 4-ch helis will be compatible with existing equipment, and the answer is a very surprising "No compatible". Our original order was supposed to be EZ-BIND helis and parts at first and bring the RTF's in a week or so later, but now there will be no EZ-BIND which is why we removed them from the site. I just got this information this morning. We will only be bringing in the RTF packages for now, since none of the existing radios are compatible (still figuring final cost). I didn't get a straight answer as to why, but the new 228A will also require it's own TX. As for news of the X6 solving this problem, that also doesn't look good. The X6 will not support all NE helicopters as expected..atleast not at the moment. Still trying to get more information, but looks like TX accumulation isn't going to go away. Right now the 328A, 228A and 318A (Solo PRO 180) will have seperate, non-compatible TX's.
I expect to have our 328A sample helis very shortly, so I'll verify this with an actual unit as soon as we receive them.
That would be a very bad decision. One of the selling points of their competitors is that you can control any heli or plane with any TX, as long as it has enough channels and mixing options, if needed. BnF sells, no need to argue about that.

Nine Eagles already has seperate yet identically looking TX for the planes and the current helis. One reason to hold back on getting the mCP x for me, and I think for some others as well, was that I would be able to control my older helis, like the Bravo SX with the upcoming 6 channel TX, so I could control my living room flyers with the same TX as a future purchase NE CP. If the new TX won't control all helis, and the new helis will need their own propriety TX, that would seriously cripple NE sales. I hope they formulated their intentions not correctly, and mean something else.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2011, 02:41 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
That would be a very bad decision. One of the selling points of their competitors is that you can control any heli or plane with any TX, as long as it has enough channels and mixing options, if needed. BnF sells, no need to argue about that.

Nine Eagles already has seperate yet identically looking TX for the planes and the current helis. One reason to hold back on getting the mCP x for me, and I think for some others as well, was that I would be able to control my older helis, like the Bravo SX with the upcoming 6 channel TX, so I could control my living room flyers with the same TX as a future purchase NE CP. If the new TX won't control all helis, and the new helis will need their own propriety TX, that would seriously cripple NE sales. I hope they formulated their intentions not correctly, and mean something else.
I agree 100%. To be honest, I had no doubt in my mind that the 328A would be compatible..I just asked to make it official. And the X6 brought the dream of 1 TX for all my helis (a la 2801PRO) to reality...only to be crushed in a few lines of text on MSN messenger. I'm not panicking yet, since the 328A sample is only a couple days away. We'll know first hand soon enough.
Old May 25, 2011, 12:15 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Thanks for the info Rick, shame to hear about the lack of TX compatibility.

I just got into the Nine Eagles game and was excited by the fact that there are new helis coming out (like the 328) that I figured would work with my current TX.

Let's hope something changes in this regard; it's bad enough that TX's aren't compatible amongst different manufacturers (there is NO reason why they can't establish a universal protocol) but to have incompatible TX's within the same brand is appalling.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old May 25, 2011, 12:32 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,084 Posts
If Nine Eagles will actually do this, they will lose a lot potential customers. Even if the new RTF sets are going to be cheaper than BnF sets of competitors, some just don't want another TX, but one TX for all. I still hope the new 6 channel TXs will have this option, I don't see why they shouldn't. Does NE want to cripple it's own sales?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2011, 12:50 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
The RTF 328 is listed at $140 on Club Heli, which isn't a bad price but it isn't as much of a bargain as the Solo Pro. Mind you, the Solo Pro started at around the $120 mark RTF when it was new, so hopefully it won't take long for the 328 to drop in price.

I'm a little scared to think how the Nine Eagles CP helicopters will be priced, especially with the new TX. I can't see them being much cheaper than a Walkera.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:14 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
The RTF 328 is listed at $140 on Club Heli, which isn't a bad price but it isn't as much of a bargain as the Solo Pro. Mind you, the Solo Pro started at around the $120 mark RTF when it was new, so hopefully it won't take long for the 328 to drop in price.

I'm a little scared to think how the Nine Eagles CP helicopters will be priced, especially with the new TX. I can't see them being much cheaper than a Walkera.
The $140 is a close estimate on cost right now. The preorder won't be available until we get final shipped costs for the order, and we can put the final sale price up. But it won't move drastically in either direction. We posted it to give people a real close idea on cost.

The NE CP helis will definitely be more economical than the Walkera's unless something drastically changes between now and production.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,322 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
So this could be also the reason why my NE Cessna RX does not work with my NE P47 TX?

NE's going crazy, ... hope very much, this szenario will not become true.
I want 1 NE tx for all NE helis and planes (as I have 1 Spektrum DX6i tx for all Eflites and 1 Walkera 2801 Pro for all Walkeras - 3 "big" tx are "quite a lot", anyway).

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old May 30, 2011, 12:15 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
cmon cmon cmon !

Ship rick some helis already, cmon 9Eglz!!
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Old Jun 01, 2011, 11:11 AM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

So this could be also the reason why my NE Cessna RX does not work with my NE P47 TX?

NE's going crazy, ... hope very much, this szenario will not become true.
I want 1 NE tx for all NE helis and planes (as I have 1 Spektrum DX6i tx for all Eflites and 1 Walkera 2801 Pro for all Walkeras - 3 "big" tx are "quite a lot", anyway).

Walter
I actually like having a full size TX for each model. I have 2 DX6I that are full and if I take a plane or heli to work I have to make sure to bring it back home if I want to fly something else.

Having individual FULL SIZE TXs makes it easy to just leave it with it's partner bird wherever you make have it at the moment.

Besides, they look good sitting behind its heli on the bookcase.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:55 PM
canada
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Is it just me or is there anybody else that thinks that the advertised 2-3 minute flight times for a helicopter (blade mcpx) is just not worth it? The flight times are already short with the solo pro as is. I'm not really complaining as I love my solo pro. I have to admit this new one seems interesting but I have an extreme carbon flybar, metal rotor head and the extreme skids and I have NO pendulum effect at all! This new 328 would really have to "wow" me to upgrade from my solo pro!
kmm77 is offline Find More Posts by kmm77
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:18 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined May 2011
141 Posts
watching and waiting like the rest of us
beatlejohn is offline Find More Posts by beatlejohn
Old Jun 01, 2011, 07:50 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm77 View Post
Is it just me or is there anybody else that thinks that the advertised 2-3 minute flight times for a helicopter (blade mcpx) is just not worth it?
I fly my mCP xs about 5 - 6 min with standard batteries (Eflite stock, Zippy 240 20c and 30c, Hyperion 240, Wellposer 250) and 9 min with Zippy 400 30c (no 3d flight, only cruising).

Solo Pro times are similar - depending on batteries.

Flight time seems to be very important - for new heli pilots.
But after a while you do not car about this any more.
Change batteries - you will have a lot of those after short time.

Better flying powerful for 3 minutes than flying weak for 6 minutes - always a matter of battery type.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:25 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
It's just so crisp and stable and responsive in a good way and and and GIMME NAUU!!!

Solo Pro 328 (3 min 47 sec)

More pictures, including a clear one of the new 5 and 6 channel tx

http://www.heliteknik.com/rchelikopt...pro-180-3d/789

Apparently there is a solo maxx 3d, which appears to be a solo pro sized 3d helicopter by nine eagles, displayed along side the 180 3d and 5 channel tx - since I'm not a blade person, this will be my mcpx!

Watch out blade and walkera, Nine eagles is going to cripple your wallet. Are you excited? *@%&@%275^!%&!%!*%!

Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Last edited by Steve1991; Jun 03, 2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:45 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
If the new TX's aren't compatible with the older 4 channel helis, I'd lose a lot of interest in them.

Looks like they're running a brushless main motor on the 180 which is nice to see.