HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2011, 06:22 PM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Bell linkage with 45 offset, trailing flybar that damps movement versus Bell-Hiller linkage with 45 offset head that enhances movement. THat's why it has weights instead of flybar paddles.
Ah. Thank you.
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 06:25 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Judging by the video snippets so far, I wonder what could be improved? It seems to handle well, very stable tail and holding steady altitude seems like a breeze.

The 120 SR seems like a very nice heli, a lot of people like it. But what if this NE 328 manages to keep the good parts but loose the pendulum effect that the mSR and 120 both suffer from? If they can achieve that, it might surpass the 120 on that terrain. Another terrain that Nine Eagles might gain some advantage is batteries. The more recent batteries for the Bravo SX are very good, so if the lipos for the 328 are also that good, they will certainly surpass the quality of the stock Blade 120 batteries, which I hear most people complaining about, not lasting many cycles, lacking performance, etc.

So despite that the SR 120 seems a very good standard to look up to, it would be a little short sighted to say it can't be improved upon. Whether the 328 will do that, remains to be seen, but just keep it in mind, it can be done.
I don't have the problem of the "pendulum" effect. I have so many batteries..... I get 7 plus min flights. I am not trying to defend a company, but I have great flights with the 120. When someone says "obvious",,,,,that isn't really an accurate statement.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old May 20, 2011, 12:40 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I don't have the problem of the "pendulum" effect. I have so many batteries..... I get 7 plus min flights. I am not trying to defend a company, but I have great flights with the 120. When someone says "obvious",,,,,that isn't really an accurate statement.
Well, some do have problem with pendulum effect on the 120, although it is much less than the mSR, and in many 120 SR topics I hear people talk about the crappy stock batteries. I guess opinions and perhaps even battery quality may vary between batches.

But you are totally right that there is no reason to assume this heli is "obviously" better than any other heli, simply based upon a few short vids. The person who said that could have been been more careful with picking his words. We will have to wait and see how it matches up to the 120.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2011, 09:07 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,360 Posts
I've flown a 120SR many times and never found the pendulum effect particularly objectionable. If you are looking for it you can see it, but so what? I think the complaints come from those who fixate on their helis doing hands-off hovering.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 20, 2011, 09:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I've flown a 120SR many times and never found the pendulum effect particularly objectionable. If you are looking for it you can see it, but so what? I think the complaints come from those who fixate on their helis doing hands-off hovering.
I was basing my remark partially on this topic, where at least one pilot was having trouble controlling it in a smaller space because of the pendulum effect: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...20+small+space

Also, it gets mentioned here and there in several other SR 120 topics (there are a lot of those), where some tips to minimize or counter this trait are always given. If it's barely noticable, I wonder why it keeps getting brought up.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2011, 11:18 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,754 Posts
looks like the nine eagles has adjustable linkages where as the 120 does not .i am new to the 120 (just bought one used)but i like it very much so far.
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old May 21, 2011, 12:41 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
My Quark does the same when I fly it in my backyard. There's not enough room, so I have to stop sometimes and it pandalooms. I gotta get more room and keep it on the move!

Or keep doing 180s with a porch right thar for me to smack into O.O

Haven't flown in a week tho, cause my stock battery died. Waiting on a micro deans connector to charge the aftermarkets. Then I can see how much the advanced stabilizer setup helps.

Quark !!!!

steve
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Last edited by Steve1991; May 21, 2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:31 AM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Any guesses?

HiTEC Solo Pro 180 3D (3 min 0 sec)
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old May 22, 2011, 09:01 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
That's a V120D02!

Is anyone able to translate what the presenter is saying?
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old May 22, 2011, 10:10 PM
Raager Dat
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Darn. I thought they were going to have a helicopter cage fight, knock a few blades around. Definitely a walkera 120 model with a nine eagles 328 canopy.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:15 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Yep, definitely a V120 clone. I would imagine Nine Eagles will add their own touch to it, will be interesting to see how the electronics differ. Hopefully it will be cheaper than a V120.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:14 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Yep, definitely a V120 clone. I would imagine Nine Eagles will add their own touch to it, will be interesting to see how the electronics differ. Hopefully it will be cheaper than a V120.
Since Walkera is raising it's prices, that wouldn't be hard to achieve, I guess...

Btw, the upcoming NE CP heli(s?) have their own topic: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...388784&page=12
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2011, 12:45 AM
Raager Dat
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
At this rate I might as well purchase an Align 450 than a walkera

But I definitely don't feel like going that far yet, hopefully this Nine eagles CP helicopter will be my next step up. Hope it doesn't take too long to be released, I'm so eager to jump into CP already!
Old May 23, 2011, 10:20 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Just noticed the 328 listed on ClubHeli:

http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...RY_p_3255.html

It's not available yet, but is listed at $110 BNF (does include battery and charger). Am hoping that the standard NE TX works with this.
Old May 24, 2011, 01:12 AM
Raager Dat
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Just noticed the 328 listed on ClubHeli:

http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...RY_p_3255.html

It's not available yet, but is listed at $110 BNF (does include battery and charger). Am hoping that the standard NE TX works with this.
Awesome !!!!

Hopefully mid June is accurate.