HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
I found some info about the EXTEVT pot (It should actually be EXTENT, but the Chinese tend to have big difficulties with English...) and the Sensitive pot. According to the following article, Sensitive is the proportion between the main motor and the tail motor while EXTENT adjusts the servo travel, as Frank mentioned.

I think I'll definitely tune UP the EXTENT pot to get more forward speed. I flew it again today and it was a bit windy. This heli could definitely use more servo travel to fight the wind.

http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/Z25-50103_expe.pdf

It's for a different heli but I think the pots have the same function.

Sorry for the offtopicness, again, but since the info in this thread remained somewhat unclear, I thought I would clarify this.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I found some info about the EXTEVT pot (It should actually be EXTENT, but the Chinese tend to have big difficulties with English...) and the Sensitive pot. According to the following article, Sensitive is the proportion between the main motor and the tail motor while EXTENT adjusts the servo travel, as Frank mentioned.

I think I'll definitely tune UP the EXTENT pot to get more forward speed. I flew it again today and it was a bit windy. This heli could definitely use more servo travel to fight the wind.

http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/Z25-50103_expe.pdf

It's for a different heli but I think the pots have the same function.

Sorry for the offtopicness, again, but since the info in this thread remained somewhat unclear, I thought I would clarify this.

Chris
Sometimes solution is nearest than we think:

http://www.nineeagle.com/pdf/220A%20...n%20Manual.pdf

read at page 21 to understand exactly what NE say about RX settings.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
I actually tried both settings now before I got back on my computer to read the above. As it says in the manual you posted, which I should have read since I have a hard copy, the Sensitive Pot is basically a trim setting for the tail rotor. The idea is to set the TX rudder trim setting in center position and then the "Sensitive" pot enables you to set it just right so that the tail rotor is set to the proper proportion with the main rotor. That pot is extremely sensitive so one tenth of a turn on the screw makes a big difference. The other pot, namely, the EXTENT pot, does indeed control the servos. But you can't get more forward pitch or more aileron pitch from it. What it does is find the right balance between both servos so that the heli will not sway. In other words, it can generate or eliminate TBE. I tried both pots now. I messed up both of them and I eventually found the right setting for both of them. My advice for beginners would be to NEVER touch both pots at the same time. Find the right setting for the rudder setting first(Sensitive pot) and then play around with the EXTENT pot to find the stable position. If you move both screws at once, you may never be able to adjust this thing to fly stable again. The pots are WAY too sensitive.

The bottom line is that the servos cannot be adjusted to provide more throw with the EXTENT pot since it only serves to balance both servos and the Sensitive pot cannot be used to increase or decrease tail response. It only serves to get the right rotation proportion between tail rotor and main rotor. In other words, my heli was already set to fly stable so I had no need and no use in mocking with these adjustments other than to learn what they are for which may come in handy once parts wear out and additional adjustments are required to achieve a stable hover.

Thank you kindly, helicopcat.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Jul 08, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:54 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Are we still talking about the 328 or is this all about the Free Spirit? I'm a little lost...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Are we still talking about the 328 or is this all about the Free Spirit? I'm a little lost...
I'm sorry, that was my final OT reply.....
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:

I don't think it hurt anyone, did it? Are you a moderator, here, or are you just doing the backseat moderating thing? I'm sorry I caused SO much confusion for you. I was just trying to find help. No harm intended.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:24 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Quote:
I don't think it hurt anyone, did it? Are you a moderator, here, or are you just doing the backseat moderating thing? I'm sorry I caused SO much confusion for you. I was just trying to find help. No harm intended.
Seems I've touched a nerve there...

Let me explain my reaction. This topic is about a new heli (see the suffix "New Product" before the topic title as a reminder...

So everytime I see there is a new reply in this topic I expect an update about this heli, some new revelations, features discussed, etc. Since this is a very promising looking heli, there is much anticipation. Asa a result, it is a little disappointing to see no news but other things mentioned instead.

I don't want to play moderator, although I did start this topic, so I have at least some say about it, I think. Certainly there is no problem trying to find help, you know I'm all about helping others out, and this forum is a great platform for that, but there is a seperate thread for the Free Spirit, also a mods-thread, or there is always the option to start a seperate topic.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jul 09, 2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 03:19 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
My "2 cents": being a little "off topic" does not bother me, but when the
"off topic" topic is another helicopter,
it may be best to explicitly label such a post as being about this other helicopter,
so one does not mistake the post as being about the helicopter that thread is mainly about.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Jul 09, 2011, 10:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Fair enough. I just found a thread about about the NE Free Spirit and it's a better place to find help if need be. I'm sure I will have many questions in the future so best to keep this thread about the Solo Pro 328, indeed. My apologies, Solo Pro.

I still plan to buy the 328 when it finally comes out in Taiwan so I shall report, here, when it happens.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:32 AM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Hi guys. Haven't been around here for awhile due to work constraints, but it's great to see that Nine Eagles is moving forward with new helis. The 328 appears to be just what I'm looking for in an outdoor heli. The usual NE flight characteristics combined with hard-to-break but easy to replace parts.

The videos are promising, but I think I'll wait and see what the early adopters have to say before jumping in. I checked with a few HK stores and they're talking about the end of the month or early August to get them in stock. I'd have no problem buying from Club Heli though as they've always been great to deal with.

SoloPro, great to see you here still championing the cause and thanks for the great FAQ on the SPs and Bravos.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:39 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Quote:
Fair enough. I just found a thread about about the NE Free Spirit and it's a better place to find help if need be. I'm sure I will have many questions in the future so best to keep this thread about the Solo Pro 328, indeed. My apologies, Solo Pro.

I still plan to buy the 328 when it finally comes out in Taiwan so I shall report, here, when it happens.
No problem. And I am looking forward to your experience with this heli.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Been flying the Free Spirit for a while now, and I must say, I don't like it much. Still very much looking forward to the 328 because having tried it, I can tell you that it flies a lot nicer. I think I'm going to beg my neighbor to sell me a sample. Problem is, if I break anything I'll be stuck waiting for parts just the same... I can't wait for the 328 to be on the market in Taiwan. Time is ticking. 2 or 3 weeks if we are lucky.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
I was told today that the 328 "might" be in Taiwan next week... I'm not keeping my hopes up, but I'm hoping...
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:31 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Quote:
I was told today that the 328 "might" be in Taiwan next week... I'm not keeping my hopes up, but I'm hoping...
Maybe change your nick to hopepine instead?

But more seriously, I'm looking forward to this release as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:39 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
But more seriously, I'm looking forward to this release as well.
Yeah, then we can dispense with the speculation and have something real to talk about.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC