HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
I installed aluminium swash plate, main shaft and rotor head on my solo pro today. It's not good. The center bearing on the aluminium swash plate is too tight. Too much friction causing slow lift and poor battery life. Like 2 minutes flight on a full charge. Ridiculous. The stick response is also not great. I pulled out the center bearing to make it loose like the stock swash plate and the battery life is better as is the stick response, however, it doesn't go back to it's center position on its own. I have to use the sticks to stabilize it. Not good. So I only kept the aluminium shaft and rotor head. It flies well now. Lesson learned: Aluminium swash plate is a waste of money.

I tried to call Nine Eagle today but it's Saturday so no go until Monday I guess. On the upside, the hobby shop where I bought the upgrade parts for the solo pro were told that the 328 would be in stock in about 10 to 12 days. It's going to happen! I can't wait! I'm assuming they buy their Nine Eagles products from my neighbor, the distributor, so I won't buy mine from them.

Did I mention how much my 328 will cost me? Brace yourselves.... hehe... 3000 New Taiwanese dollars. That's 104 USD, in the box, brand new with transmitter, two batteries + charger and a set of spare rotors. Yeah baby! Got to love having a Nine Eagles distributor living next to me.

Weather pending, we are going to fly one of his airplanes tomorrow. I haven't seen it yet but he told me it has a wing span 190cm. I also have a cheap beginner rc airplane made locally by Align. If it's not too windy we'll be flying that one, too. I should say we'll go crash it. I have about ten flight with it and I have yet to manage landing it. I can keep it up but comes time to land, well... I crash it. I managed to repair it every time. Problem with repairing it is every time I repair it it gets heavier.

I'll keep you posted, maybe I'll host a video of our flying tomorrow and I'll definitely rub it in with pictures and videos if I end up getting the 328 before you do, Frank.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:49 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I installed aluminium swash plate, main shaft and rotor head on my solo pro today. It's not good.
The general consensus is that the full set of aluminium upgrades adds too much weight. Regarding the swash, many people have reported that the Xtreme swash works brilliantly, what one did you try? There are some cheap knock-off's going around on eBay at the moment.

Quote:
Did I mention how much my 328 will cost me? Brace yourselves.... hehe... 3000 New Taiwanese dollars. That's 104 USD, in the box, brand new with transmitter, two batteries + charger and a set of spare rotors.
ClubHeli has them listed for $115 USD RTF, which is a good price, though I thought it only came with one battery.

Quote:
I'll keep you posted, maybe I'll host a video of our flying tomorrow and I'll definitely rub it in with pictures and videos if I end up getting the 328 before you do, Frank.
Don't rub it in!
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jul 02, 2011, 12:28 PM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
370 Posts
Transmitter?

Can I use my Solo Pro 2 Tx for the Pro 328? I cannot find a pic. at Clubheli?

Thanks and regards,
Jaguar 20040 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Old Jul 02, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
I'm in Taiwan, the land of knock offs. So I'm guessing the swash I bought is a no name knock off. It certainly doesn't work brilliantly.

Only 115 USD in the US? And there I thought I was getting a good deal! 10 bucks off isn't that great.

I think I might be mistaken about "2 batteries." I was assuming it came with two batteries like my solo pro did. I don't think the RTF one I will buy is any different than the one in the US so I guess it probably comes with only one. That sucks. One battery is not enough. I have 4 of them for my solo pro and I think it's the right number. I mean, I like to fly it outdoor and when the winds allow me, I want more stick time than just one battery!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2011, 12:45 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar 20040 View Post
Can I use my Solo Pro 2 Tx for the Pro 328?
Unfortunately not. For some strange reason Nine Eagles decided to make the 328 non-compatible with current TX's. Stupid decision but we have to live with it.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:04 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,275 Posts
Quote:
I'm in Taiwan, the land of knock offs. So I'm guessing the swash I bought is a no name knock off. It certainly doesn't work brilliantly.

Only 115 USD in the US? And there I thought I was getting a good deal! 10 bucks off isn't that great.

I think I might be mistaken about "2 batteries." I was assuming it came with two batteries like my solo pro did. I don't think the RTF one I will buy is any different than the one in the US so I guess it probably comes with only one. That sucks. One battery is not enough. I have 4 of them for my solo pro and I think it's the right number. I mean, I like to fly it outdoor and when the winds allow me, I want more stick time than just one battery!
I doubt you got the Xtreme swash then. Most that tried that swash were very positive about it. Mine ran lighter than the stock one.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Do you (anyone) happen to have a link to where I can get this Xtreme swash online that would ship to Taiwan?
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:28 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,275 Posts
Quote:
Do you (anyone) happen to have a link to where I can get this Xtreme swash online that would ship to Taiwan?
Doesn't Miracle Mart ship to Japan?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Most online stores will ship to Taiwan but many online stores will not ship to Taiwan if your credit card isn't from Taiwan. They only ship to the address your credit card is registered to. My credit card is from Canada. I don't know what Miracle Mart is. I'll google it.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:11 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Here's the Miracle-Mart.com link and Xtreme upgrades page for the Solo Pro: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...th=110_291_292

They ship worldwide.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Thank you, sir.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:31 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Most online stores will ship to Taiwan but many online stores will not ship to Taiwan if your credit card isn't from Taiwan. They only ship to the address your credit card is registered to. My credit card is from Canada. I don't know what Miracle Mart is. I'll google it.
time to make a Paypal account for you (free).
Similar to many online stores you have an address book in your account and can have several addresses, which will be shown to the seller. You can choose, which one - and take your Taiwanese address.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined Apr 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Sorry for the mundane post, got to talk about something until the 328 arrives.
It overcast & turning miseable here, and it won't be an all NZ Super 15 final, so in normal tradition I will stir....

Sorry Frank but the rumours are it will be released in New Zealand before Australia.....
You can always fly over to collect but it would have to be Air New Zealand as the Quantas pilots don't have the skill to fly at 20,000 feet.......

(And before anyone believes me I really have no idea as to when they will be released here)
PaulsBA is offline Find More Posts by PaulsBA
Old Jul 03, 2011, 01:12 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
I will post a pic of my cheap swash later, and rotor head+shaft. Definitely cheap made in Taiwan heavy junk just by the look of it. The craftsmanship on the Xtreme upgrades look excellent. I will order the swash and rotor head as they both look a lot lighter than what I bought. Too bad the upgrade fly bar is out of stock. I'd like to give that a try. I'll probably get a few other cheap upgrades as the design on some of these parts look like they would improve maneuverability. The horizontal shafts, for example, appear to be a better design and lighter.

Thanks again, Frank. This opens up a whole new can of worms, though. :lol: It's OK, aside from the swas which is a bit pricey at 19 bucks, the other parts are quite cheap. I will also post pics of my Solo Pro when I have it all supped up with a brief review re flight quality. :thumsup:
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2011, 01:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

time to make a Paypal account for you (free).
Similar to many online stores you have an address book in your account and can have several addresses, which will be shown to the seller. You can choose, which one - and take your Taiwanese address.

Walter
Thanks, Walter.

Seeing how the parts come from HK, it shouldn't be a problem. It's mostly companies from US and Canada that are reluctant to ship internationally, for some reason. I'm very close to HK, here. One can almost swim there back and forth. If I order today, the parts should be in by the end of the week, methinks. Taiwan's mail system is recognized as one of the best/fastest in the world.
Site Sponsor