HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
Registered User
CarToon's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,517 Posts
For the record, the joke names are actually "Dewey, Cheatem (or Cheatham) and Howe".
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
Registered User
rleed's Avatar
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
285 Posts
Wow! Very nice flying model. Like others have posted, I can't believe how nice this thing lands. I have the aeileron throws maxed out and need to tame that down a bit. The right inner gear door needs looked at also. It wasn't closing for some reason. I'm very happy with this model. I purchased from Banana and had no issues. No damage and they shipped it right away. Awesome plane. I must have the FW-190 now!
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm not lost, they are
pullup!'s Avatar
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleed View Post
Wow! Very nice flying model. Like others have posted, I can't believe how nice this thing lands. I have the aeileron throws maxed out and need to tame that down a bit. The right inner gear door needs looked at also. It wasn't closing for some reason. I'm very happy with this model. I purchased from Banana and had no issues. No damage and they shipped it right away. Awesome plane. I must have the FW-190 now!
Congrats on the maiden!

It is a pleasant plane to fly, very pleased with mine as well.

I nixed the inner gear doors to make life easier, probably put them back on later. Think the 109 will be in my hanger next.
pullup! is offline Find More Posts by pullup!
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
667 Posts
Hey guys. I just got the green Zero kit from NP. The plane looks great but I was surprised to see how small it is compared to the my 1400MM P-51. Its about the same size as my Dynam T-28 which makes it a litle less intimidating.

Its already built with everything installed except the motor, BEC and ESC. I'll be using a 60A ESC, a 5A BEC and a 600 KV motor. This is the motor http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.a...Location=MIAMI. I have the same motor in my my P-51 and its been working out pretty well.

I got the one with the servos on the gear door but I dont think I'm gonna use them. With hard landings, thats just something else to act up and worry about so I'm gonna just remove the servos and the inner door and call it a day.

Only thing I have left to do is do some weathering and pick up a reverse y-harness for my flaps. I should have a video of my maiden which should be Sat or Sun if the weather permits
devgrp is offline Find More Posts by devgrp
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
rleed's Avatar
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
285 Posts
I always give my planes a "once over" after the maiden and I found a couple things that could be potential problems for others. CHECK THE NUT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE ELEVATOR AND RUDDER CONTROL HORNS. Mine were barely screwed onto the collar for the pushrods. Also, I noticed that all of the propeller blades had worked themselves loose. I found that the screws had stripped out the holes in the backing plate. When I assembled the propeller I took note that the screws were going into plastic and not to get carried away with cranking them down. I put it all back together with a dab of gorilla glue in the holes and its nice and tight now. I'm not to crazy about the design of the prop. I may have to mill something out to improve it.
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
got any foam to bash?
Tom Hunt's Avatar
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgrp View Post
Hey guys. I just got the green Zero kit from NP. The plane looks great but I was surprised to see how small it is compared to the my 1400MM P-51. Its about the same size as my Dynam T-28 which makes it a litle less intimidating.
confused..... if you got the 1400mm Zero, then it has to be the same size as the 1400 mm P51 The dynam t28 is only 1200mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by devgrp View Post
Its already built with everything installed except the motor, BEC and ESC. I'll be using a 60A ESC, a 5A BEC and a 600 KV motor. This is the motor http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.a...Location=MIAMI. I have the same motor in my my P-51 and its been working out pretty well.

I got the one with the servos on the gear door but I dont think I'm gonna use them. With hard landings, thats just something else to act up and worry about so I'm gonna just remove the servos and the inner door and call it a day.
servos? Airfield/FMS kits don't come with servos!
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:59 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
confused..... if you got the 1400mm Zero, then it has to be the same size as the 1400 mm P51 The dynam t28 is only 1200mm



servos? Airfield/FMS kits don't come with servos!
Yes I got the 1400MM Zero and its the same size as my Dynam T-28. When I got it I went to NP website and look at the dimensions for the T-28 and the Zero cause I was confused. The P51 fuse looks like a giant compared to the Zero's fuse. I'll take a pic and post when I get home later. The kit that I got came with 2 servos installed for the gear door and a sequencer to operate the door just like the FMS T-28. FMS later changed that design and replaced the servos with a wire rod to close the doors once the gears were up.
devgrp is offline Find More Posts by devgrp
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
TripleW's Avatar
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
But the wingspan is 1400mm, Right?
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
667 Posts
The wingspan is 1400MM but it doesnt look that way to me lol. Even the T-28 fuse looks a little bigger than the zero. And no its not the 800mm zero lol. Mine came with retracts, split flaps, the wire harness and the whole shebang
devgrp is offline Find More Posts by devgrp
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
667 Posts
Here are some pics I had on my cell phone. You can see all 3 planes
devgrp is offline Find More Posts by devgrp
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
Champagne Supernova
FlyHighSelllow's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgrp View Post
The wingspan is 1400MM but it doesnt look that way to me lol. Even the T-28 fuse looks a little bigger than the zero. And no its not the 800mm zero lol. Mine came with retracts, split flaps, the wire harness and the whole shebang
I agree. I look at my zero on the bench all the time and go what the ? It does seem smaller than the T 28, P-51 etc.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Hink64's Avatar
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
I agree. I look at my zero on the bench all the time and go what the ? It does seem smaller than the T 28, P-51 etc.
I just had to measure - from tip to tip it is 56" or 1422mm. Does seem smaller than that now that you mention it.
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
Mobyal
United States, VA, Lexington
Joined Apr 2007
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
I agree. I look at my zero on the bench all the time and go what the ? It does seem smaller than the T 28, P-51 etc.

The full-scale Zero was a relatively small airplane, particularly when compared w/ the T-28 or P-51. So even though the wingspans are roughly the same, the fuse etc will be much bigger on the Yankee iron. j
Mobyal is offline Find More Posts by Mobyal
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
Mobyal
United States, VA, Lexington
Joined Apr 2007
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobyal View Post
The full-scale Zero was a relatively small airplane, particularly when compared w/ the T-28 or P-51. So even though the wingspans are roughly the same, the fuse etc will be much bigger on the Yankee iron. j
Wingspans on the models, and fuse etc on the models.
Mobyal is offline Find More Posts by Mobyal
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
Registered User
ncflyer79's Avatar
United States, NC, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
810 Posts
yeah I agree, when compared to my 1400 tbolt the zero looks much smaller. Awesome flying plane though and I wish my tbolt was built as good as the zero is
ncflyer79 is offline Find More Posts by ncflyer79
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion wanted taiyo zero a6m zeke a6m5c mitsubishi thingy alsaplenty Parkflyers 2 Apr 15, 2009 02:26 PM
Looking for Mitsubishi A6M Zero 3-Views KSU Flyer Scale Kit/Scratch Built 5 Jul 18, 2008 10:50 PM
Discussion My 8" Mitsubishi A6M Zero gguy Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 19 Nov 14, 2007 02:08 PM
Mitsubishi A6M Zero JetTech Parkflyers 6 Nov 01, 2004 10:53 AM