HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 2dogrc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:46 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
For Sale
Techone FunFly 3 CH trainer with ALL ELECTRONICS!

Hey Guys,
We are offering an after Joe Nall special! We are offering our Techone EPP Trainer for $75 plus shipping! This includes the plane, motor, ESC, 2 servos, and a prop.
You must still buy the following:
a Battery
A transmitter
a RECEIVER
gLUE

This is a gentle flying elevator and rudder plane. The plane is fully painted and very easy to put together. The motor is way more then you ned and flight time is about 15 minutes!

Check them out here!
http://www.2dogrc.com/product/techon...pp-plane-combo
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Last edited by 2dogrc; May 18, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
FPV maniac
Colorado
Joined Sep 2007
587 Posts
Trader Rating: 171
Do you have an airframe only version by chance?
Bruce
bah7566 is offline Find More Posts by bah7566
Old May 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,345 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
I pmd. 2dogrc last night requesting clarification regarding this model. I have yet to get a reply.

Their ad is a bit confusing both here and at their website. Since it advertises this model as only needing a battery to get it airborne, it gives the impression that both the receiver and transmitter are included in this price. I tried to download the PDF instruction's manual for the model from their website, it does not finishes downloading; after a three minute (FIOS connection) wait I tried again, the manual still does not download. Not being able to read the manual I could not get an idea as to what is included and what isn't, and whether the Funfly EPP has a battery hatch or not.

Hope to get a reply or a post here answering these questions. I also hope they get the bug on that PDF file (or their server) worked out so that I can read more about this model, one that reminds me of the G/P Flylite but is made of EPP foam which is sturdier than that used by G/P. BTW, the Flylite does not include anything in the airframe version only and costs $53.99, and $109.99 for the receiver ready version plus shipping.

The Funfly EPP seems to be a much better deal. For just $21.01 more than G/P's Flylite airframe only version one gets almost everything needed to get it going.
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
Last edited by qban_flyer; May 17, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old May 17, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
Okay,
I will try and answer the questions here.
No transmitter or receiver included.
Very Similar to the Flylite...Thayer from FlyRC commented on that at the Joe Nall show
No battery hatch, the wing is held on with rubber bands like gas trainer
I will get a link for the instruction manual.
Servos, Motor,ESC,Prop included

Delay due to a 6 leg day on reduced rest overnight.
2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old May 17, 2011, 06:40 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post
Okay,
Very Similar to the Flylite...Thayer from FlyRC commented on that at the Joe Nall show

2dogrc
Thanks for the reply.

I know about those burning the candle at both end days (& nights). I used to do the same until about 17 years ago. Get some rest...

I'll wait for the manual to become available online so I can take a gander at it before placing an order. I need two durable and inexpensive trainers, so far the Funfly seems to fit that bill to a "T", and it's priced right.
Old May 17, 2011, 08:26 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
Okay,
I can't figure out why my uploads aren't working, better call my webmaster. ANy way here is a link to the manual. The Chinese dude is not me!
http://www.2dogrc.com/sites/default/...nflyManual.pdf
Site Sponsor
Old May 17, 2011, 09:25 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Okay,
I can't figure out why my uploads aren't working, better call my webmaster. ANy way here is a link to the manual. The Chinese dude is not me!
http://www.2dogrc.com/sites/default/...nflyManual.pdf
Thanks for the extra effort. I now have the assembly manual.

I will be getting the Funfly EPP instead of the Flylite. It is a sturdier model at a great price.

Take care.

Bert
Old May 17, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
For those of you that want an plane only. give me a week or two. We are working on getting some more kits and I am working on promotional material.

2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Old May 18, 2011, 11:02 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
Quote:
"All you need is a 1000 3 cell battery!"
I think some clarification is needed here.... Some newbies are going to think They're getting ann RTF plane - battery.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old May 18, 2011, 11:40 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Okay,

2dogrc
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
I think some clarification is needed here.... Some newbies are going to think They're getting ann RTF plane - battery.
I know it appears to be confusing, especially in the header, but on post #4 by the seller is pretty clear in that respect. What one gets for $75 from 2dogrc is the airframe, motor, two servos and a speed controller. Transmitter, receiver, battery & charger are to be supplied by the buyer.

G/P's Flylite, a similar model in looks, sells a similarly equipped model for $109.99; and a few re-sellers are selling the Techone's Funfly EPP Trainer airframe, motor and an 8X4 propeller for $99.95 (no ESC or servos). Others are charging $149.99 for the same plane as the one 2dogrc is selling for $75.

Compared to the Flylite, IMHO, the Funfly EPP Trainer is a better deal since the wing on the Funfly EPP Trainer is a flat bottomed one, which should offer better gliding performance than a thin under-cambered one such as that of the Flylite. EPP foam is also more forgiving in crashes than EPO, Depron and/or Aerocell foam types. My MS Composit flying wing is made of EPP foam. A straight into the ground dive & crash did not even damage the area where the foam collided with the tarmac.

I've also done some research on the motor supplied with the Funfly EPP, performance wise, it appears to be a better motor than that supplied with the Flylite RxR version. If the T2208 motor was available all by itself, I would buy me a couple for other projects I have on hand. In the price area, the Funfly EPP Trainer as sold by 2dogrc for $75 is an all around winner too.

Am I sold on the model? Absolutely...
Last edited by qban_flyer; May 18, 2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Correction
Old May 18, 2011, 01:10 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Still, I think They need to have a "required" list on here and the site - no posts there. A simple fix that would eliminate any confusion.
Old May 18, 2011, 01:19 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Still, I think They need to have a "required" list on here and the site - no posts there. A simple fix that would eliminate any confusion.
YEP! I agree that fixing the original post would have prevented this flurry of clarifying posts.

I also suggested that a fix on their website was needed when I PMd them two days ago.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
updated

We don't have the motor's seperate. There was a guy asking for a kit only...maybe you could work something out. Have him buy the kit and leave a note for us to ship the mot or whatever to you!

2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Last edited by 2dogrc; May 18, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:09 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
updated

We don't have the motor's seperate. There was a guy asking for a kit only...making you could work something out. Have him buy the kit and leave a note for us to ship the motor or whatever to you!

2dogrc
Huh?

Well, excuse my "Flurry of clarifying posts", but I don't see any changes...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:35 AM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
620 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
are these going on sale any time soon? i really want a epp trainer to get into planes
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels